DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air WiFi - iPhone Screen Quailty

ccurry

Reactions
Quick question from a newb....

Do you ever get lag on your iPhone screen in areas you’ve flown before where you never experienced lag on the video stream? For instance, I fly in a park where I have never experienced any loss of screen quality or lag from the stream to my iPhone, but when I flew today I noticed some lag this time more or less not horrible but enough to make me wonder what changed. I will say that my Mavic Air has almost always been smooth as butter on my screen. It’s interesting that lag comes and goes in areas that you think were ok for flying just to fly again and find out it’s not as smooth as it was.

Hopefully that makes sense, I’m always wondering if this is just a WiFi limitation or if I have a defective unit.

Thanks in advance.

It is probably not a defective unit. The Air communicates via WiFi so there could be some local interference one day and not the next. If you installed a recent update that may have introduced some buggy software into the mix. I normally fly with the camera set to video because the shallower aspect ratio shows less live view on the top and bottom of the screen which is easier on my tablet. Sometimes toggling the camera modes from video to picture and and back will fix minor pixelation.

I never experienced it on an iPhone 8, even in urban settings. YMMV if there was a ton of interference though.

Reactions: ccurry
It is probably not a defective unit. The Air communicates via WiFi so there could be some local interference one day and not the next. If you installed a recent update that may have introduced some buggy software into the mix. I normally fly with the camera set to video because the shallower aspect ratio shows less live view on the top and bottom of the screen which is easier on my tablet. Sometimes toggling the camera modes from video to picture and and back will fix minor pixelation.
Thank you for the response!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143