DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air wifi on but not broadcasting

kydroneman

Reactions
Saw the new update and installed it on air and controller. Doing some more checks I find that the air wifi is on but not broadcasting SSID because outside I have 16 sats and it is in GPS with the ready to fly displayed so I know that's good. Could not get litchi to work so on a whim I uninstalled GO4 and restarted everything with litchi and it connected with ready to fly. No SSID showing on my phone but it has to be connected for litchi to give me sat. info and ready to fly status. I never had issues with go4 and litchi coexisting on same phone with spark, for whatever reason I don't know. I do know with the spark I do not use the spark wifi, I use the wifi from the spark controller. Seems the air is different in that respect. So do I need to update with each battery I have or not. I already did this with .400 but I just updated today and when switching batteries I got no update requests for the battery so I'm good or no.

The Mavic Air is not a Spark. When bound to the controller there is no WiFi to see, aircraft and controller are linked using a proprietary protocol.

The Mavic Air is not a Spark. When bound to the controller there is no WiFi to see, aircraft and controller are linked using a proprietary protocol.

Yeah I know that but when you initially set up the air a network shows up with SSID and password required. I scanned the QR code and then the network appeared to disappear, that's what threw me off and when litchi wouldn't connect it confused me more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab