DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic camera glitch?

whiskeylover

Reactions
I did my first long distance flight, of about 2 miles round trip and noticed that the video had a lot of "wavy" distortion patterns. Here is a YouTube upload of the video. Can someone tell me if there is a problem with my MP or is this a software issue?

p.s. I upgraded my firmware earlier in the morning.

Man that is NOT good. How was the video before the upgrade? Did u notice this on prior vids?

According to your initial posts you did some video in your back yard. How was that?

I don't remember seeing the distortion before the upgrade. But also the prior firmware didn't let me take it above 90'. This is the first time I was going at 390'.

It looks the same when you leave the gimbal lock in place, was it blocked by anything?

I don't think so. It happened whenever the drone accelerated. Or when it climbed sharply.

And the gimbal lock was removed.

I did my first long distance flight, of about 2 miles round trip and noticed that the video had a lot of "wavy" distortion patterns. Here is a YouTube upload of the video. Can someone tell me if there is a problem with my MP or is this a software issue?

p.s. I upgraded my firmware earlier in the morning.

I believe you got a lemon. I saw a youtube video on Dji quality issues around the Mavic. Some of the batches had "Jello" issues just like your footage. You should send it back to Dji for warranty.

Looks like gimbal vibration from something. Before sending back check all rubber bands around gimbal are right, gimbal plate is settled under tabs right.

Also start everything like you were going to take off but don't start he motors. Then pick up mp and record video while holding and see if the same.

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? Sometimes after updating it helps.

Reactions: whiskeylover
Looks like gimbal vibration from something. Before sending back check all rubber bands around gimbal are right, gimbal plate is settled under tabs right.

Also start everything like you were going to take off but don't start he motors. Then pick up mp and record video while holding and see if the same.

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? Sometimes after updating it helps.
Thanks flightmike, I'll try all those things tonight.

So I contacted DJI, and went over everything they asked me to do - recalibrating the gimbal, resetting camera, updating firmware etc. Nothing worked. They asked me send it back. I received it back yesterday, and turns out it has a different S/N. They obviously just swapped out mine with another one. It appears to be working fine.

But when I powered it on, linked it to my RC, it asked me to register it (obviously). They then asked me to sign up for DJI Care Refresh for it. I already have DJI CR. I logged in to their support website, and it shows that my DJI CR is now associated with the new S/N automatically. Weird.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe