DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crash after update >>>confirmed by DJI but not covered

b2n

Reactions
Hello, sorry but i am new on this forum and i dont have a perfect English so i will try to explain what's happen:
Just to know, i have more than 40 fly in different country with the mavic and more than 50 with the phantom 2 so i am not a beginner.
I made the last update on 20th October 2017 then i went flying 2 days after (on the 22th october 2017) in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, in the nature in a place where there was nothing (no power line, no antenna,…). The drone took off normaly in GPS mode, everything was normal then after 5 minutes the mavic suddenly began to spin at full speed while he was in a stationary position (i did not touch the stick at this moment) then he recovered on his own to normal situation, so i decided to make it come back to me then 30 second after that, on the way back to me it started spinning again and he fell like a stone.
I never have any problem like that before this update (updated with DJIGO4)
My deer mavic is broken now, and the worst is than i dont know why so i am frightened to repair it or to buy a new one and to have this problem again one day (over water or somewhere with no acces...)
Anyone can help me to understand what's happen?
here is a link to a DAT:
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-10-26_21-24-14.DAT
Thank you very much

Hello
I can not help you , but maybe you can help us :

What update you had done and what was the version No.?

Update the :
A) the DJI Go4 App?
B) the Controller Software
C ) the Drone/ Mavic Software

We had some da days an failure in the fly Modus too, but we cover that , and had the same new updates on the controller AND on the Mavic too, that’s solve the problem
But it was not the failure which you describe

Thanks
Speedy2

Hello, i have updated the dji go 4 app for android with the lastest version on 20th October, then when i start the mavic just after that a popup appear in the app to tell me than a new software update was available for the mavic. So i have done this update using djigo4app. I don t remember the number but on 20th october it was the latest. What is the problem you speak about?
Thank you

I have experienced "Spinning" with the forward object detection on while facing the sun.
For some reason, lost connection to the controller. After a few seconds, the mavic tried to RTH.
It stopped, increased altitude,
increased altitude again, then started spinning, about 3 times. This repeated again only spinning two
times. Finally, returned home.
For this reason, I turn forward detection off normally since I fly way above and objects, especially
when the sun is low to the horizon. Hope this may
help.

Hello b2n

Our problem was, that we are in Speed / Sport Mode and suddenly the Mavic flies maximum 10 Km/h round about 7 mph and that in full speed throttle!
We switch no normal flight Modus and then to sport Modus again, but the maximum speed was as low as before with max 7mph !!
We decide to land - lucky that the drone was only 25 Meter in front of us and had 50% Accu kappa - we switch drone of we we reboot drone and controller and figure out that the controller had a new update version- I think it was the 4 er Version( but not shure)
And the Mavic had the older version 3 ).

So we update the drone to the new version, start again and until today had no more problems with the sport mode and there top speed - hopefully it was the reason for that failure?!!-

Speedy2

I have experienced "Spinning" with the forward object detection on while facing the sun.
For some reason, lost connection to the controller. After a few seconds, the mavic tried to RTH.
It stopped, increased altitude,
increased altitude again, then started spinning, about 3 times. This repeated again only spinning two
times. Finally, returned home.
For this reason, I turn forward detection off normally since I fly way above and objects, especially
when the sun is low to the horizon. Hope this may
help.

Hello, normaly if the sun is low and in front of the mavic the forward detection objet will stop the mavic, and depends to your setting the mavic will try to go up or just stop but the mavic must not spinnig, if it has do that its probably than your mavic has a problem to.
For me it was 2pm when it crash so no problem with low sunlight.
I realy don t understand why it crash

Hello b2n

Our problem was, that we are in Speed / Sport Mode and suddenly the Mavic flies maximum 10 Km/h round about 7 mph and that in full speed throttle!
We switch no normal flight Modus and then to sport Modus again, but the maximum speed was as low as before with max 7mph !!
We decide to land - lucky that the drone was only 25 Meter in front of us and had 50% Accu kappa - we switch drone of we we reboot drone and controller and figure out that the controller had a new update version- I think it was the 4 er Version( but not shure)

So we update the drone to the new version, start again and until today had no more problems with the sport mode and there top speed - hopefully it was the reason for that failure?!!-

Speedy2

Hello,
It's not the same problem than me but apparently there is a lot of problem with update and mavic...

Hello b2n

Speedy2
If I'm reading this correct you can't get it into sport mode. In the DJI go4 app the 2 mode flying is switched to off after update. Turn it back on.

Hello, sorry but i am new on this forum and i dont have a perfect English so i will try to explain what's happen:
Just to know, i have more than 40 fly in different country with the mavic and more than 50 with the phantom 2 so i am not a beginner.
I made the last update on 20th October 2017 then i went flying 2 days after (on the 22th october 2017) in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, in the nature in a place where there was nothing (no power line, no antenna,…). The drone took off normaly in GPS mode, everything was normal then after 5 minutes the mavic suddenly began to spin at full speed while he was in a stationary position (i did not touch the stick at this moment) then he recovered on his own to normal situation, so i decided to make it come back to me then 30 second after that, on the way back to me it started spinning again and he fell like a stone.
I never have any problem like that before this update (updated with DJIGO4)
My deer mavic is broken now, and the worst is than i dont know why so i am frightened to repair it or to buy a new one and to have this problem again one day (over water or somewhere with no acces...)
Anyone can help me to understand what's happen?
here is a link to a DAT:
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-10-26_21-24-14.DAT
Thank you very much
WTF!!! Holy crap now you made me worried to go fly! He spun out of the clear blue for no reason then fell?

WTF!!! Holy crap now you made me worried to go fly! He spun out of the clear blue for no reason then fell?
Yes, he fall a first time for several metters, come back to normal so i decide to come back and sudenly he stat to fall again and crash

So nobody know why the mavic has crashed after update?
I am affraid to repar it or to buy a new one without answer before.
Thank you

Reactions: Speedy 2
Hello every body,
so i have a really bad news for people who have a mavic pro; be very carrefull with the update!!!
So as the official reseller in taiwan (where i bought the mavic) says, this problem is well know, it's come from a problem between one of the version of djigo4 app and one of the version of the firmware of the mavic who have an incompability together (but you will not see it before it crash)!!! he has more than 5 mavic come back to his store for the same problem. He also says than many customers argued with this problem on forum in china and also in taiwan and only a few of them get some free service. He said he will try his best to help me argue with DJI. But he said he has to tell me the chance is very low to claim for warranty. Warranty only cover "naturally damage". For this case specialy, DJI said it is people's fault even if it's not, and apparently in the fly records or .DAT file nothing can prove than this problem come from DJIGO4APP
This is crazy, i lose my 1500 euro drone because of an update and dji don't want to cover it!!!

it's come from a problem between one of the version of djigo4 app and one of the version of the firmware of the mavic
What combination(s) of firmware/GO4 app are affected?

What combination(s) of firmware/GO4 app are affected?
Hello, i don't know what is the number of the version but it was the lastest on 20th october 2017 for djigo4 app on android and also for the mavic firmware
Maybe you can find this information in the .DAT file that i have uploded at the beginning of this threats

Please, if someone could analize my crash and tell me what he thinks it would be great, because I am to frightened to fly until I know what happened to my mavic. thank you very much

I looked at the log. To me it looks like a hardware failure. You should request DJI replace it under warranty. I only had a few minutes to look at the DAT but it looks hardware related to me.

I looked at the log. To me it looks like a hardware failure. You should request DJI replace it under warranty. I only had a few minutes to look at the DAT but it looks hardware related to me.
Hello, thank you.
Do you think this hardware failure is due to the update, because i saw many problem like this on internet.
Unfortunetly i cannot claim for warranty because i bought my mavic 4month ago when i was in asia.(no warranty for dji product bought in another area)
Is theire some other people who can confirm that it s a hardware faillure please ?
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000