DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Thanks for the info all, just placed order with Digital Rev as showing In Stock. Cheaper than my Nov Apple order, which I'll cancel once delivery confirmed [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Starting to lose more and more hope with Very, expected some movement by now. Probably get delayed till May or some other stupid date on Monday the same way it happened with the original date. :(

Reactions: willhay555
Thanks for the info all, just placed order with Digital Rev as showing In Stock. Cheaper than my Nov Apple order, which I'll cancel once delivery confirmed [emoji106]

And less than 40 mins later email to confirm prepared for shipment!
[emoji106]Digitalrev!

Starting to lose more and more hope with Very, expected some movement by now. Probably get delayed till May or some other stupid date on Monday the same way it happened with the original date. :(
I'd put money on it now that we won't see them.

If it doesn't come on or before the 16th I'll probably cancel and wait until the summer.

Despite the 20% saving I had, the masses of people sending these things back, combined with the way DJI have conducted themselves has left a very, sour taste.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: DirkGently
Eh? A 'slight' exaggeration I think tinged with bitterness that you haven't had yours yet maybe..

The Very fiasco fits nicely in the 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is' scenario..

Masses is a vague term but I have a Mavic - which arrived back yesterday after repair under warranty.

And having looked on the Internet and these forums actual hardware issues ( ignoring user error ) are far from being rare.

Impossible to say just what sort of percentage of people have had to send theirs back - but its beyond the normal level of hardware issues you get with any product.

The Mavic was a big change for DJI - and a learning curve I suspect. Mavic 2 will I suspect have less issues and improve on what DJI has learnt with the Mavic 1. Mind you I won't be pre-ordering this time but waiting for actual stock!

Do I agree though - how dare he feel bitterness - just because he's been messed around and waited month after month with false news and false hope only to be let down. He should be grateful to be sold an incredibly expensive consumer product which one day may possibly arrive.

Subtle hint of sarcasm there.

Of course you Pedro - made a lot of money from the DJI fiasco and got a working drone - so are understandably ok about it all!

Masses is a vague term but I have a Mavic - which arrived back yesterday after repair under warranty.

And having looked on the Internet and these forums actual hardware issues ( ignoring user error ) are far from being rare.

Impossible to say just what sort of percentage of people have had to send theirs back - but its beyond the normal level of hardware issues you get with any product.

The Mavic was a big change for DJI - and a learning curve I suspect. Mavic 2 will I suspect have less issues and improve on what DJI has learnt with the Mavic 1. Mind you I won't be pre-ordering this time but waiting for actual stock!

Do I agree though - how dare he feel bitterness - just because he's been messed around and waited month after month with false news and false hope only to be let down. He should be grateful to be sold an incredibly expensive consumer product which one day may possibly arrive.

Of course you Pedro - made a lot of money from the DJI fiasco and got a working drone - so are understandably ok about it all!

How is your replacement so far?

I won't get into a discussion about numbers being returned or the percentage that are because nobody apart from DJI know the reality of that situation but I don't think that "masses" is a fair or accurate description of the failure rate given the 10s of thousands that are now in the hands of consumers. "Far from being rare" is not masses.

I'm not sure what your agenda is and why you felt the need to mention me making a lot of money out of the supply situation nor do you have the faintest clue how money I did or didn't make. I also wasn't having a pop at willhay555 for feeling bitter, I know that I would too given the way certain companies have misled customers, I was merely suggesting that as a reason why he is clearly feeling negative about the Mavic.

Reactions: haelio
How is your replacement so far?

On my limited flights so far so good and as a bonus the lens is sharp all over. The previous one had some slight blurring on the right hand side - not enough to justify returning it but was disappointing. The new one they sent me has a working gimbal, sharper lens and I got a load more propellers!

So overall I'm happy - but still waiting my final decision until its managed to last a months worth of flying.

Reactions: magsta
Just order 2 hours ago from Digital Rev and now says dispatched and have a tracking number for delivery before 17 Jan.
Thanks to everyone for the info.
David.
Tracking via UPS now says delivery before end of 13th Jan. Why do they have so many to sell now.
David.

Eh? A 'slight' exaggeration I think tinged with bitterness that you haven't had yours yet maybe..

The Very fiasco fits nicely in the 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is' scenario..
That's your first mistake.
This is a DJI fiasco that Very, and Amazon for that matter, have poorly articulated.

Last edited:
I'd put money on it now that we won't see them.

If it doesn't come on or before the 16th I'll probably cancel and wait until the summer.

Despite the 20% saving I had, the masses of people sending these things back, combined with the way DJI have conducted themselves has left a very, sour taste.

I told my wife if it doesn't come before my birthday (6th February) I'll cancel it and maybe buy it direct. Need it soon as my wife if due our baby on the 4th May and I will have limited time to fly when he/she arrives. Also think my wife may smother me in my sleep if I mention it anymore. Haha.

just a quick heads up, Selfridges London just called me (I left my number a few weeks back) saying they had mavic pro's I don't need it as I got one from Maplins.

just a quick heads up, Selfridges London just called me (I left my number a few weeks back) saying they had mavic pro's I don't need it as I got one from Maplins.

Could I please have you reservation. I am going on holiday on Friday so this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I didn't have a reservation, I went into the store before xmas and just left my name and number for either a fly more or less, I would suggest giving the store a call now and ask about buying one.

My DJI order (5th Jan) has now changed to shipped but no email to confirm or any tracking details. I also have a very order from 2nd November which has a delivery date of 16th Jan but hasn't changed since I originally ordered. I've given up hope of very coming through on it and hope that DJI's new 2 week delivery time is legit.
Will keep you guys updated if it either order hits soon.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already however last week DJI sent out an email to folk advising that any orders placed from that date on will be shipped before the 18th Jan. This is after them ramping up their production. I'm not sure if this includes orders from stores that are not the DJI store and I'm certain that doesn't include the Mavic Pro bundle as the the estimated delivery times on their website is 4-6 weeks but for the Mavic alone it's 7-10 days.

I've ordered mine from Wex Photographic on the 29th December and the Mavic is still on BackOrder. This was just the Mavic with a spare battery and the hub charger. I never ordered the bundle. If anyone else has ordered from Wex I'll keep the thread up to date with my order status.

EDIT: The original delivery expectation from Wex was the end of January however after speaking with them the other day they've advised the middle of January which would sory of come in line with them being despatched before the 18th. Of course it's been said by willhay555 that the email about dates is only for DJI direct.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS