DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

My DJI order (5th Jan) has now changed to shipped but no email to confirm or any tracking details. I also have a very order from 2nd November which has a delivery date of 16th Jan but hasn't changed since I originally ordered. I've given up hope of very coming through on it and hope that DJI's new 2 week delivery time is legit.
Will keep you guys updated if it either order hits soon.

You ordered directly from DJI?

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already however last week DJI sent out an email to folk advising that any orders placed from that date on will be shipped before the 18th Jan. This is after them ramping up their production. I'm not sure if this includes orders from stores that are not the DJI store and I'm certain that doesn't include the Mavic Pro bundle as the the estimated delivery times on their website is 4-6 weeks but for the Mavic alone it's 7-10 days.

I've ordered mine from Wex Photographic on the 29th December and the Mavic is still on BackOrder. This was just the Mavic with a spare battery and the hub charger. I never ordered the bundle. If anyone else has ordered from Wex I'll keep the thread up to date with my order status.
Direct only.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: YoshiK1
Talking of grey imports then, is there a chance that Mavic's from digital rev could be stopped for VAT and duty payments?? I never read the small print

Course it can. Anything from outside of the UK could be subject to customs checks. The thing to watch with grey imports is that if you buy one and it's not had VAT and duty paid on it due to it not being checked then you can be fined and likely will get a criminal record if you somehow get caught because it's your responsibility, not the seller, to ensure the taxes are paid when importing products into the country. Here's the terms from their website:

"By purchasing a product through the Site, customers outside of Hong Kong authorise DigitalRev Limited to make arrangements for clearance of customs on their behalf for the products they have ordered.

When ordering goods from DigitalRev Limited, overseas deliveries may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you, unless an Import Handling Charge is included in the price of the goods. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local Customs officer for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from DigitalRev Limited, you are considered the sole importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities."

You ordered directly from DJI?
I did. When they sent out that email saying delivery was within 2 weeks. I ordered on that day. It's a fly more combo too so hoping it's the whole lot and not just part order as I put on some spare props too.

Reactions: YoshiK1
Mŷ Combo just turned up from Camarthen Cameras (ordered yesterday thanks to Pedro). Setting up and upgrading now... can't fly it though as we have winds up to 70mph round here :rolleyes:

Mŷ Combo just turned up from Camarthen Cameras (ordered yesterday thanks to Pedro). Setting up and upgrading now... can't fly it though as we have winds up to 70mph round here :rolleyes:

You in Scotland? Don't mind the snow tomorrow as well if you're in Scotland haha. Indoor flight!

Reactions: kaotix and Balders
Course it can. Anything from outside of the UK could be subject to customs checks. The thing to watch with grey imports is that if you buy one and it's not had VAT and duty paid on it due to it not being checked then you can be fined and likely will get a criminal record if you somehow get caught because it's your responsibility, not the seller, to ensure the taxes are paid when importing products into the country. Here's the terms from their website:

"By purchasing a product through the Site, customers outside of Hong Kong authorise DigitalRev Limited to make arrangements for clearance of customs on their behalf for the products they have ordered.

When ordering goods from DigitalRev Limited, overseas deliveries may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you, unless an Import Handling Charge is included in the price of the goods. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local Customs officer for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from DigitalRev Limited, you are considered the sole importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities."
[/QUOTapparetnly digital rev have a garantee on no extra

well even their "terms" go against what all other customers are saying then as no one has been charged extra fees, in fact some have said that digital rev have a garantee that no extra fees will be charged?! as for a fine and criminal record... mehh, that will never happen once the package is in its in, you obviously arent from the UK as you'd know that our criminal justice/ judiciary system is on its arse and you can almost litterlay get away with murder lol. Not that I in any way condone that course of action.

That's your first mistake.
This is a DJI fiasco, that Very and Amazon for that matter, have poorly articulated.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app
I think Amazon and it's supply chain are the cause of the loss of my order, not DJI. Unless DJI shipped P3s to the intermediary and told them they were Mavics of course.

I used Very years ago and got 20% off of a Dyson, which turned up so their deal is not disingenuous. The problem they may have is the fact the price went up. This may be causing them a bigger headache. This coupled with the fact they aren't telling the customers what the plan/timescale is.

Reactions: haelio
well even their "terms" go against what all other customers are saying then as no one has been charged extra fees, in fact some have said that digital rev have a garantee that no extra fees will be charged?! as for a fine and criminal record... mehh, that will never happen once the package is in its in, you obviously arent from the UK as you'd know that our criminal justice/ judiciary system is on its arse and you can almost litterlay get away with murder lol. Not that I in any way condone that course of action.

I'm in the UK. All items being imported need to be declared to customs by the seller and not all get checked, only a sample. That's why large volumes of people getting orders and not paying customs. I've had a few friends ordering grey imports over the years and haven't been charged and then once in a blue moon they get a notice through the door to collect the parcel from the depot as it's been held due to customs charges. 9 out of 10 you'll likely not have to pay anything because they tend to not declare full details of the cost of the package and the item on the customs forms but I'm sure you'll be fine and not get charged. It's unlikely that if you don't pay the customs that you'll get caught out unless someone tells on you haha.

All I was saying is to be prepared in case you did because it'll be a heft bill for something that cost but you'll likely be fine :).

Just had an online Chat with VERY. Don't think much of their Customer Service team, I will put it down to her having a bad day, so rude and ignorant. Ended up not even discussing the Mavic.

I'm in the UK. All items being imported need to be declared to customs by the seller and not all get checked, only a sample. That's why large volumes of people getting orders and not paying customs. I've had a few friends ordering grey imports over the years and haven't been charged and then once in a blue moon they get a notice through the door to collect the parcel from the depot as it's been held due to customs charges. 9 out of 10 you'll likely not have to pay anything because they tend to not declare full details of the cost of the package and the item on the customs forms but I'm sure you'll be fine and not get charged. It's unlikely that if you don't pay the customs that you'll get caught out unless someone tells on you haha.

All I was saying is to be prepared in case you did because it'll be a heft bill for something that cost but you'll likely be fine :).
Digital Rev say that they will pay for the import duties.Mavic.jpg

Just had an online Chat with VERY. Don't think much of their Customer Service team, I will put it down to her having a bad day, so rude and ignorant. Ended up not even discussing the Mavic.

Very as in the catalogue shop? They don't have the Mavic on their website?

Digital Rev say that they will pay for the import duties.View attachment 3947

That's cool that they pay it but in their terms it advises if there is a certain import fee then it's you that has to pay it.

"When ordering goods from DigitalRev Limited, overseas deliveries may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you, unless an Import Handling Charge is included in the price of the goods."

Very as in the catalogue shop? They don't have the Mavic on their website?

They removed the listing back in November but quite a few on here have orders with them. They are frustrating to deal with as they have no information but their discounted, pre-increase prices make hard to just give up and go direct with DJI.

I did a bit of research before placing my order with digitalrev and this was the clincher to reassure me.

"Deliveries to UK are sent via DDP Shipment (Duty Delivery Paid) in which the sender (DigitalRev) will shoulder all cost prior to shipment."

There's also loads of positive reviews on photography forums and only one with a suspected delay at customs which actually turned out to be lost which DR sent a replacement in 48hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: karlak and YoshiK1
They removed the listing back in November but quite a few on here have orders with them. They are frustrating to deal with as they have no information but their discounted, pre-increase prices make hard to just give up and go direct with DJI.

Its Very as in Very long wait...

Reactions: karlak and tgden
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS