DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Thanks for the heads up, Pedro. I have an order with ModelSport now that will be delivered on Monday (or tomorrow if I'm super lucky). After getting royally shafted by Amazon and receiving a P3S just a day before going on a 2 week holiday this is a nice change of luck...

If anyone else ordered from ModelSport while it was listed as 'In Stock' on their website and then received an email with the following:

Affected items on order W57*****:
Item Sku Qty Items Status
DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter Drone DJIMP 1 BackOrder

don't worry. I just called them up and my order was already packaged up and awaiting pickup by their delivery people. It appears that their mail system pulls the current status from their stock system when sending out this email rather than the status at the point the order was placed, resulting in it stating 'BackOrder'.

The guy on the line mentioned that the stock they put up today was snapped up extremely quickly :)

I received my Mavic fly less from ModelSport today. Also received a spare battery via Maplin. Both ordered this past Friday afternoon. Big thanks to Pedro and others on this forum that provided the heads up to actually secure one of these drones. I went from Amazon -> Maplin -> ModelSport but all's well that ends well. Also... this thing is tiny!

I don't think we'll see them.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app[/QUOTE]
Not a cat in hell chance of it. I just really wish it wasnt such a good deal now at £300 cheaper or I would have binned them a long time ago now! I'm not a tight arse by any stretch but its just not worth £1100 at 4 months old (or 5 by the time I get it)! I could swallow £800 with a new mavic announced 4 or 5 months after I get this one.

Reactions: tgden
7ca09f470fc5dfe393c6f4a6627ec4fc.jpg

New drone from the DOA department.
In less than a week!!
Holding thumbs that this one isn't faulty!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Balders
I was planning on ordering a Charging Hub from Maplin, but it looks like they're out of stock. Has anyone spotted them in stock anywhere else?

Now I don't want to cause a stampede - and the Mavic isn't here yet - but I took the tip to order from digitalrev on 29th December and I have received UPS tracking today that delivery will be on the 12th Jan. That was with an expected delivery of Feb when I ordered.

It's also cheaper than EVERYWHERE else. Cheaper than the original RRP.

I will confirm when it comes of course.

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Now I don't want to cause a stampede - and the Mavic isn't here yet - but I took the tip to order from digitalrev on 29th December and I have received UPS tracking today that delivery will be on the 12th Jan. That was with an expected delivery of Feb when I ordered.

It's also cheaper than EVERYWHERE else. Cheaper than the original RRP.

I will confirm when it comes of course.
Thanks for the heads up bud, they register as "in stock" which I find hard to believe but I have ordered 1 anyway, lets see who moves quicker, them or Very! Not quite as cheap as Very but still less than the old RRP. fingers crossed

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Cheers @HeavensAbove.

Just placed an order for a fly more from Digital Rev. Says in stock for delivery by the 16th... fingers crossed. Also got an order with Maplins but I used TopCashBack with Digital Rev at 3.44% cashback on all sales. If it tracks I'll get it for £1303 saving just over £50 which'll go towards DJI refresh.

Reactions: HeavensAbove
How does the "Grey Import" issue affect these in the UK when bought from DigitalRev? Reading the DJI web site, you will need to return it to Hong Kong if you have any "Warranty" issues!!...

How does the "Grey Import" issue affect these in the UK when bought from DigitalRev? Reading the DJI web site, you will need to return it to Hong Kong if you have any "Warranty" issues!!...

UK shop is better but I'm pretty sure DJI will honour the warranty as long as its brand new and not flown before except by you.

You won't need to return it to Hong Kong - DJI will use UPS to collect and return the Mavic from their repair centre in Europe.

I got mine just back - no fees for repair or postage. In fact no repair - its a new serial number and therefore a new drone.
Unfortunately it arrived "broken" - the gimbal clamp had come loose and the gimbal come out of its holding quite badly. Some fiddling, swearing, prodding and more swearing got things back in place and by some miracle it still seems ok!

Then some quality time spent updating the firmware! Then it rained outside. More swearing....

So warranty should be fine - but as Pedro points out there is a UK seller with the Mavic fly less in stock.

Reactions: Watty and magsta
UK shop is better but I'm pretty sure DJI will honour the warranty as long as its brand new and not flown before except by you.

You won't need to return it to Hong Kong - DJI will use UPS to collect and return the Mavic from their repair centre in Europe.

I got mine just back - no fees for repair or postage. In fact no repair - its a new serial number and therefore a new drone.
Unfortunately it arrived "broken" - the gimbal clamp had come loose and the gimbal come out of its holding quite badly. Some fiddling, swearing, prodding and more swearing got things back in place and by some miracle it still seems ok!

Then some quality time spent updating the firmware! Then it rained outside. More swearing....

So warranty should be fine - but as Pedro points out there is a UK seller with the Mavic fly less in stock.

I didn't mean Hong Kong in general, I just meant it needs to go back to the region/area it was prurchsed, in the DJI Care FAQ it states that the Care Package can be bought for a region that is different to the original purchase area but that you would need to return the aircraft to the original purchase area region for any warranty issues... I was just wondering if anyone on here had experience of what DJI do when it comes to this issue? (DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography)... Question 20 in the Care FAQ

Also, I didn't realise that the links above were to a UK site... I thought they were to the digitalRev site!!... :(

I thought that DJI's warranty was regional so if it came from an authorised dealer in HK, it wouldn't be supported in Europe but would have to go back to HK.. but I may be wrong.

Ah, cool.. Thumbswayup

So this looks like a bit of a milestone to me.. Carmarthen Cameras have had Mavics available in stock for next day delivery for at least an hour and a half and still do. That's got to be a record here in the UK! :D

Incidentally, they're a good company, I bought 6 batteries from them a while back, great service, nice guys.

Ah, cool.. Thumbswayup

So this looks like a bit of a milestone to me.. Carmarthen Cameras have had Mavics available in stock for next day delivery for at least an hour and a half and still do. That's got to be a record here in the UK! :D

Incidentally, they're a good company, I bought 6 batteries from them a while back, great service, nice guys.
Good to know, I never knew they existed until now!! Cheers for the heads up on them Thumbswayup

So if mine is a "grey import" will it have a longer range than the normal UK version or is this a geo location services feature i.e. the mavic changes "range mode" based on where it is?

Always look on the upside, eh.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13