DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I always work with RAW, like the video it benefits from careful tweaks but not bad really considering harsh light.

30441750333_695c6c24d9_o.jpg

Thank you. Looks good - good levels of contrast - dynamic range seems excellent. No obvious grain - at least not at a smaller image size.

Anyway - must get back to my basement, where bitter and twisted I grumble insanely to myself about my lack of Mavic delivery.

Monday 28th tomorrow . Apple are seriously running out of time to fulfill there available "November" date ..

Thank you. Looks good - good levels of contrast - dynamic range seems excellent. No obvious grain - at least not at a smaller image size.

Anyway - must get back to my basement, where bitter and twisted I grumble insanely to myself about my lack of Mavic delivery.

the image is far too small to pass any valid judgment :)

trog

the image is far too small to pass any valid judgment :)

trog

Its big enough to see the colours and dynamic range. But I agree sharpness and grain can't easily be evaluated with the size of image here.

Are you not one of the lucky few with a Mavic? Maybe you could share a photo of large size?

Monday morning 28th November . I'm slightly giving up hope my order will ship within the stated November date

Sorry didn't mean that to sound nasty! I just vaguely remember he might be one of the people with a Mavic. It is still currently only a few people - though more each day. It'll be interesting to see if anything happens in terms of stock this week.

I'm curious to see what the still image quality is like - though I'm sure its just as good as the Phantom 3.

It's fine, trog doesn't have one yet, that I know of anyway..

I'll be spending some time flying on Wednesday, I'll be sure to take some photos then if nobody has posted one in the meantime.

Reactions: Mahoosiv
I'm curious about dynamic range and sharpness - a JPG would probably be better. From your photo so far looks pretty good.

Something else I wondered was how it copes with wind and cold. I'm hoping to fly in Snowdonia at Easter ( if my Mavic is here by then! ).

Last time I flew my Phantom there last year it was around -4 degrees centigrade at 700m - cooler higher up. Rarely less than a 20mph wind in Snowdonia on a still day! Phantom coped very well - did get a few warnings about reduced power but no issues. Can the Mavic cope as well is the question?

Monday morning 28th November . I'm slightly giving up hope my order will ship within the stated November date

i am gonna have to cancel (on principle) and come back next year i think.. i have now been told by my china dealer my first october and then november is now december but they cant say for sure..

people are just being given figures pulled out of the air just to shut them up.. so far its working but it cant keep working for ever..

for me its over i will now ask for a refund and come back next year if i still want a mavic..

trog

Reactions: Watty
i am gonna have to cancel (on principle) and come back next year i think.. i have now been told by my china dealer my first october and then november is now december but they cant say for sure..

people are just being given figures pulled out of the air just to shut them up.. so far its working but it cant keep working for ever..

for me its over i will now ask for a refund and come back next year if i still want a mavic..

trog

I'm sorry to hear that. I would say hang in there though.

I agree though - figures are being plucked out the air by pretty much all dealers. Any dealer that is saying "We'll be getting x Mavics next week/month/year" is just lying!

Someone earlier in this thread was told by HeliGuy - that they would be getting more and more larger deliveries - but they don't know that - HeliGuy told me they often don't know what they are getting until it arrives in their warehouse from DJI.

The reality is none of them has a clue because DJI is not giving them any info. Ultimately it's DJI who have caused this mess.

I wouldn't necessarily cancel though - it won't speed things up - unless they took your money already in which case I can understand a desire to cancel.

I'm curious about dynamic range and sharpness - a JPG would probably be better. From your photo so far looks pretty good.

Something else I wondered was how it copes with wind and cold. I'm hoping to fly in Snowdonia at Easter ( if my Mavic is here by then! ).

Last time I flew my Phantom there last year it was around -4 degrees centigrade at 700m - cooler higher up. Rarely less than a 20mph wind in Snowdonia on a still day! Phantom coped very well - did get a few warnings about reduced power but no issues. Can the Mavic cope as well is the question?
I tried a JPG but wasn't happy seemed far too much noise reduction or something.
edit - I see I had HDR setting on somehow while taking a couple of JPGs ...
RAW is the way to go just like P3

Here's a still from just now - cropped again.

31149519152_60109b6640_o.jpg

RAW file (right click/save as - 23mb)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24428212/Mavic_RAW.DNG

Reactions: DirkGently

trog
Hi Trog ,

I cancelled with Heliguy and they were pretty dejected about the whole thing. My reasoning for cancelling are two fold, first and foremost I'm very worried about bugs and reports on Gimbal and second the little case of moving continents over the next couple of months.

Hopefully when I'm settled in a few months they'll have revision 3 or 4 out and the bugs and gimbal will be sorted.

In the mean time I've ordered a Yuneec BREEZE for a little seasonal selfies [emoji6]

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I tried a JPG but wasn't happy seemed far too much noise reduction or something.

Looks good - though some blurring on the right hand side - especially viewed large. Only a pixel peeper would worry about this though and I have the same on my Phantom but the left hand side.

trog

I'm in the same boat but i think both of we, still want the mavic, hang on :)

Not too bad, I was able to get quite bit back on it, very promising :)

Mavic_RAW.jpg

This will sound odd, bearing in mind what's happened to me....But if anyone out there is thinking of cancelling - don't! And this is coming from someone who is having to return due to a micro shaking gimbal AND OOF camera. Strangely enough, I'm really not too bothered about it - I always knew that all us early adopters were reasonably likely to have issues and I know it will get sorted in the end with either a repair or ideally a new unit (bought from FirstPersonView, who as usual have been very supportive).
Honestly and truthfully though, anyone coming from a P3A like I was will not regret the purchase. This thing is an absolutely brilliant flyer (so stable but agile) and even though my camera setup is faulty I can tell from the rare occasions when it wasn't shaking about and/or oof that the image quality will be more than adequate for most users. If you get a good one, it's the best out there by a country mile bearing in mind its killer USP.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard