DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic design challenge. Whats your concept? Prizes for top 3 entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Member

Reactions
Ever since the Mavic came out, I knew it could be made to look nicer. The design they came up with is totally functional and aerodynamic, but you custom guys out there know it can be made more beautiful. I love watching shows like Forged in Fire, Orange County Choppers, and Pimp My Ride. Movies like Fast and the Furious and James Bond take car innovation to the max. They usually start out with a stock vehicle, Aston Martin DB5, Dodge Charger, and go wild with it.

Now that the Mavic has been out for a while, Im bored with looking at it, and I wonder if any of you artists and design engineers out there can come up with some custom designs for it? It doesnt matter if it flies or not, I just want some of you guys to go wild with a concept, and post it here. Again, it doesnt matter if the props are in the way, the gimbal is covered, etc. Im just looking for cool and wild designs. I always loved Herman Munsters drag car when I was younger. Grandpa rocked and was way ahead of his time! Every year I would go to the Auto Show and custom car show to see some wild creations. It didnt matter if they ran, but they sure looked cool.

Your design could be in the form of a drawing, rendering, or simply on the back of a napkin. Multiple entries by members is ok, if you dream it, enter it here!

The contest will run from today until March 31. Prizes are sponsored by Thunderdrones and will be as follows:
  1. First place - A brand new Mavic 2 Pro and job offer from Thunderdrones.
  2. Second place - A brand new Mavic 2 Zoom.
  3. Third place - A brand new DJI Smart Controller.
Lets get this rolling! Good luck to everyone!

Now the fine print
  1. All 3 winning designs will become the property of Thunderdrones. Winners will relinquish all intellectual property rights to the design.
  2. Multiple entries are allowed per member.
  3. Please do not delete any entries after you have posted them.
  4. We welcome all entries from around the globe.
  5. Designs should be as close as possible to scale, but not necessarily bound to it.
  6. After the contest period has closed, the top 6 entries will be posted in a new thread for members to vote on. Members will pick the winning designs by poll.
  7. Entries can be of the drone on a table, in flight or in other environments.
  8. Please show good taste in your designs. Please refrain from posting any offensive or Xrated designs. They will promptly be removed.
  9. You are encouraged to test the boundaries of design, even if it wouldnt fly. Thats what dreams and concepts are made of.
  10. You grant permission for members to print the design on paper so that they can hang it on their wall.
  11. The contest will be active as long as we receive more than 20 designs. By March 1, if we have not received at least 10 qualifying designs, the contest will be cancelled.

Last edited:
Nice TD and guys just let me add do read the fine print in this better than some of you read our guidelines as I will deal with anything concerning #8 .
Good luck guys/gals .Thumbswayup

Ever since the Mavic came out, I knew it could be made to look nicer. The design they came up with is totally functional and aerodynamic, but you custom guys out there know it can be made more beautiful. I love watching shows like Forged in Fire, Orange County Choppers, and Pimp My Ride. Movies like Fast and the Furious and James Bond take car innovation to the max. They usually start out with a stock vehicle, Aston Martin DB5, Dodge Charger, and go wild with it.

Now that the Mavic has been out for a while, Im bored with looking at it, and I wonder if any of you artists and design engineers out there can come up with some custom designs for it? It doesnt matter if it flies or not, I just want some of you guys to go wild with a concept, and post it here. Again, it doesnt matter if the props are in the way, the gimbal is covered, etc. Im just looking for cool and wild designs. I always loved Herman Munsters drag car when I was younger. Grandpa rocked and was way ahead of his time! Every year I would go to the Auto Show and custom car show to see some wild creations. It didnt matter if they ran, but they sure looked cool.

Your design could be in the form of a drawing, rendering, or simply on the back of a napkin. Multiple entries by members is ok, if you dream it, enter it here!

The contest will run from today until March 31. Prizes are sponsored by Thunderdrones and will be as follows:
  1. First place - A brand new Mavic 2 Pro and job offer from Thunderdrones.
  2. Second place - A brand new Mavic 2 Zoom.
  3. Third place - A brand new DJI Smart Controller.
Lets get this rolling! Good luck to everyone!

Now the fine print
  1. All 3 winning designs will become the property of Thunderdrones. Winners will relinquish all intellectual property rights to the design.
  2. Multiple entries are allowed per member.
  3. Please do not delete any entries after you have posted them.
  4. We welcome all entries from around the globe.
  5. Designs should be as close as possible to scale, but not necessarily bound to it.
  6. After the contest period has closed, the top 6 entries will be posted in a new thread for members to vote on. Members will pick the winning designs by poll.
  7. Entries can be of the drone on a table, in flight or in other environments.
  8. Please show good taste in your designs. Please refrain from posting any offensive or Xrated designs. They will promptly be removed.
  9. You are encouraged to test the boundaries of design, even if it wouldnt fly. Thats what dreams and concepts are made of.
  10. You grant permission for members to print the design on paper so that they can hang it on their wall.
  11. The contest will be active as long as we receive more than 20 designs. By March 1, if we have not received at least 10 qualifying designs, the contest will be cancelled.

Thread is CLOSED for lack of interest . Any question's message Thunderdrones .

Reactions: Former Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom