DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic did the kamikaze again.

Brojon

Reactions
So this is fun. :eek:
Started Litchi after reinstalling - would not activate recording or allow change to camera. Gimbal works.
Shut down Litchi and started DJI GO 4 - camera and recording works.
Shut DJI down, restarted iPad, restarted Litchi - camera doesn't work.
Shut down Litchi, bring up DJI and of course camera works.
This time I simply move DJI into the background and launch Litchi - camera now works.
Ran the mission twice and it ran great with the exception of the two issues that I'm trying to figure what causes it (gimbal nodding its head at waypoints, not resuming speed even after signal regained).
So It's getting dim and I decide to play. I had joked with my wife about using the MP for a leaf blower. So I fired it up, got it up about 2 feet and ran it slowly down the driveway clearing leaves. I actually went into garage and backed it out and got about 12 feet into driveway and moved it into yard.
It then did the exact - I mean the exact dang thing it did when it crashed at the bridge over a month ago.
It started rising slowly and when I went to bring it down it zoomed straight up, hit some branches and crashed. Broke the right rear arm where it attaches to the motor.
Thank goodness it did not take out the gimbal again - although I had to reseat the gimbal stabilizer board.
I went to look at the airdata and - dang. Remembered that I had not re-entered the airdata token when I reinstalled Litchi. So once again no flight data. iTunes of course removed the functionality to download files so I can't get at the flight data. Frustrating when technologies conspire.
I had hoped since DJI was still running in the background but no way to tell.
So - I was not even 2 feet away when this happened - under the edge of a tree but mostly in the driveway where I get 12-16 satellites usually. Signal loss is not an option.
Ordered a replacement arm with motor for $35 - I count my blessings.
Any clues why it just went batpoop crazy on me again?

DJI Assistant was refusing to save the data. Spins and spins.
Been doing it for a couple of months now.
Maybe I'll try again tonight - it's been awhile since I've tried. What do I have to lose?

When you say "Signal loss is not an option", are you talking GPS signal?

Are you sure about not having RC loss of signal? I have had RC signal loss once while flying my Mavic literally 10 feet away from me in my front yard...

Does the Litchi app have a "Loss of Signal=X action" setting like the DJI app does?

Yes it does but I was literally standing next to it - hard to believe I could loose signal that close.
Only thing I can think of is obstacle avoidance - so I hope in fact I can snag that DAT file.
I didn't see it on screen but that doesn't mean much.

Yes it does but I was literally standing next to it - hard to believe I could loose signal that close.
Only thing I can think of is obstacle avoidance - so I hope in fact I can snag that DAT file.
I didn't see it on screen but that doesn't mean much.

As I said, RC signal loss happened to me once while Mavic was really close, about 10 feet away and at eye level...never could understand why it happened and it never has occurred again since that one & only time...it lasted only a few seconds and then re-connected, but it really freaked me out.

Somebody on the Phantom Pilots posted where DJI had sent out a memo saying that a bug in iOS 11.1.2 could cause a disconnect. I'm on 11.2 so that ain't it but maybe food for though with what happened to you.

I had my Mavic climb to maximum elevation totally out of my control. It was apparently affected by being pointed directly at the sun, low in the sky. I was panicked and using only the elevation stick to regain control. As soon as I turned it away from the sun, I regained control.

That's obstacle avoidance there. It kept climbing because it was try to go over the obstacle.

Three computers and my Surface Pro 3 is the ONLY one that export using DJI Assistant finally worked.
I can't quite seem to positively ID the last flight so I took the last file index that was extracted. It was small and short which seemed appropriate.
I exported the DAT file as CSV and zipped - I assume this is what's needed to analyze?

Attachments

• FLY107.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 13
Three computers and my Surface Pro 3 is the ONLY one that export using DJI Assistant finally worked.
I can't quite seem to positively ID the last flight so I took the last file index that was extracted. It was small and short which seemed appropriate.
I exported the DAT file as CSV and zipped - I assume this is what's needed to analyze?

That's not an actual flight - you may have noticed in DatCon that there was no motor start indicated. It is a record of a 25 second power up on 12/22 0032Z. You need to look earlier and the file size will be much larger. And the actual DAT file would be much preferable to a converted, low-sample-rate CSV version.

That's not an actual flight - you may have noticed in DatCon that there was no motor start indicated. It is a record of a 25 second power up on 12/22 0032Z. You need to look earlier and the file size will be much larger. And the actual DAT file would be much preferable to a converted, low-sample-rate CSV version.
The next one is pretty big - here's a link to my dropbox
<removed>

Last edited:
That's not a flight either - that was a 430 second power up on 12/22 2215Z.
There are several missing numbers in the sequence. I didn't fly on the 22 so it must have been just just powering up for my attempts using Assistant to get the DAT files. For some reason I thought the files were created when the motor starts and stops.
Anyway - going by dates this is the last recorded on the crash date. Not entirely sure of teh flight path but it isn't the same one as the two missions.

Dropbox - FLY104.zip

Any experts wanna take a look?

?? It shows a geo track...
Dang I'm running out of data files.
What is it you're calling motor start so I can look for it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_