DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Disconnected

Gringorio

Premium Pilot
Reactions
On my second flight after having the MaxxMod range-extender antennae installed the Mavic disconnected about 4 minutes into the flight. I've had disconnects before with the Phantom series, but not the Mavic. With the Phantom, I was always able to recconect. This time with the Mavic it never reconnected. Luckily, RTH worked.

I think I've extracted the right .DAT and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what caused the disconnect? I sure hope it wasn't from the new antenna.

Here's a link to the .DAT file: Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-09-30_13-19-24.DAT

Thanks for any help!

On my second flight after having the MaxxMod range-extender antennae installed the Mavic disconnected about 4 minutes into the flight. I've had disconnects before with the Phantom series, but not the Mavic. With the Phantom, I was always able to recconect. This time with the Mavic it never reconnected. Luckily, RTH worked.

I think I've extracted the right .DAT and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what caused the disconnect? I sure hope it wasn't from the new antenna.

Here's a link to the .DAT file: Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-09-30_13-19-24.DAT

Thanks for any help!
There were two flights in the .DAT, FLY072 and FLY073. Neither one had an RC disconnect. Both occurred on 2017-9-30 around 12:30 PM local. The longer flight, FLY073, showed pretty good signal strength throughout, especially given the environment, distance and height.
upload_2017-10-1_6-57-46.png
upload_2017-10-1_6-58-4.png

There were two flights in the .DAT, FLY072 and FLY073. Neither one had an RC disconnect. Both occurred on 2017-9-30 around 12:30 PM local. The longer flight, FLY073, showed pretty good signal strength throughout, especially given the environment, distance and height.
View attachment 22521
View attachment 22522

Thanks Bud! This makes sense as I now believe the issue on the second flight was due to a loose connection on one of the fittings connecting the wire from the antenna to the controller. Thanks for taking the time to look into the flight logs! What program do you use to view these files?

Thanks Bud! This makes sense as I now believe the issue on the second flight was due to a loose connection on one of the fittings connecting the wire from the antenna to the controller. Thanks for taking the time to look into the flight logs! What program do you use to view these files?
I use CsvView/DatCon. It's free and can be obtained here

CsvView Downloads

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada