DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic distance is a joke!

mavic6611

Reactions
FIXED!!

The fix came from..

1: A good person sending me a modified Fcc go 4 apk.

2: Re linking the rc

3: IMU calibration

4: Compass calibration

Note: Even the new Fcc mode didn't function like it should until I did the last 3 stages.

Safe to say I'm now in love with my Mavic again [emoji16]

Seriously?!! I've done a range test today in two completely different directions and my maximum distance before rc loses complete signal is 0.6 miles! That's just pathetic!
I'm in the UK so obviously CE mode, but 0.6 miles is a joke!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steveyg777
Yeah I hear ya, the amount of times that I have had disconnects at very short distances
Straight up above head only get 300m before disconnect
Distance at 50m altitude is about 1km

that's why I'm looking at running 1.5w but need to improve cooling
License limits me to 5w

Reactions: Daryls2000
Yeah I hear ya, the amount of times that I have had disconnects at very short distances
Straight up above head only get 300m before disconnect
Distance at 50m altitude is about 1km

that's why I'm looking at running 1.5w but need to improve cooling
License limits me to 5w
It's unbelievable, just loses total connection to the point it has to auto rth

Sure your not in wifi mode .

Reactions: dancedance
Do you have your cell phone in airplane mode? That can also make a big difference in signal strength.

Lots of obstacles between you and your Mavic? Heavy woods or houses galore also reduces signal. 3,200 feet range in those types of environments is not all that unusual.

Reactions: treytexag
Lots of obstacles between you and your Mavic? Heavy woods or houses galore also reduces signal. 3,200 feet range in those types of environments is not all that unusual.
I fly from a 13ft hight structure so I would have imagined this would make a huge positive difference to the signal. There's not alot of trees around here, I'd say more houses if anything

Nearly every new firmware someone says range is reduced and someone else says it's the same if not better.
Before worrying too much see how it goes in a more favourable location.
You need to maintain theoretical line of sight, here it is easy to go well over a mile and it can do over 2 miles without signal loss - but that's with a near perfect open area.

Nearly every new firmware someone says range is reduced and someone else says it's the same if not better.
Before worrying too much see how it goes in a more favourable location.
You need to maintain theoretical line of sight, here it is easy to go well over a mile and it can do over 2 miles without signal loss - but that's with a near perfect open area.
Are you CE or Fcc region?

Reactions: Flying Hun

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661