DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic flashing yellow 3 flashes in flight. Help!

The flashing lights status indicator is such a relic. The information / error codes should be available on your smart app. Are you certain there are no error messages there? Did you specifically look at sensors?

Attachments

• IMG_0734.PNG
    IMG_0734.PNG
    109.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0735.PNG
    IMG_0735.PNG
    110.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0736.PNG
    IMG_0736.PNG
    110.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0737.PNG
    IMG_0737.PNG
    105 KB · Views: 97
Flashing yellow after take off occurs with my Mavic if I fit the aftermarket carbon blades.
OEM blades do not have this effect.
I do not use the carbon blades because of this.

I'm color blind and can't differentiate the yellow and green lights. Geez. It's not like 10% of men are color blind (sarcasm.) I've learned to just ignore the lights and rely on text messages and readings. In the above case, it looks like almost no signal. Try airplane mode?

Its high frequency of the vibration detected by IMU on aircraft body which may be caused by proppelers.

Its high frequency of the vibration detected by IMU on aircraft body which may be caused by proppelers.

I get these 3 yellow flashes from time to time as well, nothing shows up in the logs at all. The MPP flies perfectly and never has any stability issues. I noticed I usually get it when the winds are high and I get a high wind velocity warning. I just chalked it up to the wind velocity warning, but maybe the wind is also causing a vibration that the IMU is picking up.

I’m going to switch to my other set of MPP low-noise props and see if it still happens.

I have the same issue , 3 yellow flashes , 3 yellow flashes green and again
I was wondering , I were fliying in a class D air space , I had to accept the dji dialog and could fly, mabe that can be the problem?
What kind of air space are you fliying?

I had the same 3 yellow flashes a couple weeks ago. I recall a prior post that said to re-calibrate the compass when the 3 yellow flashes appeared. I checked the compass status screen and it indicated the compass was good. Never the less, I re-calibrated the compass and it solved the problem.

Make sure you are away from metal objects, concrete, etc that can affect the re-calibration. I once tried to take off from a picnic table and was getting compass error messages from the Go4 app. Apparently, the compass was being affected by the screws and nails holding the table together. Very sensitive to metal.

By the way, I live in the country and I'm not near any NFZ.

I had the same 3 yellow flashes a couple weeks ago. I recall a prior post that said to re-calibrate the compass when the 3 yellow flashes appeared. I checked the compass status screen and it indicated the compass was good. Never the less, I re-calibrated the compass and it solved the problem.

Make sure you are away from metal objects, concrete, etc that can affect the re-calibration. I once tried to take off from a picnic table and was getting compass error messages from the Go4 app. Apparently, the compass was being affected by the screws and nails holding the table together. Very sensitive to metal.

By the way, I live in the country and I'm not near any NFZ.
No, it is a vibration issue. Mostly noticeable with the new quiet props. It is a non issue. DJI is aware of it.

Heck is right , after a good night searc I found that the problem is for vibrations , these can be happening for high wind or bad props
Recalibrate IMU it’s the last chance if you don’t find why your drone is vibrating

Well I have now also experienced the 3 yellow flashes.
Not noticed yesterday when it was actually windy but today put the low noise props on and other than occasional normal green status Light mainly 3 yellow flashes.
Initially I suspected flying over snow and hence poor downward positioning perhaps?
But it never cleared even flying over clear ground.

Did a gps flight to about 1km away, flew around etc and ALL absolutely fine, no issues at all.

Searched a lot of threads and found this one mentioning vibration. Seems plausible though not gone back to standard props yet.

Anyone else ?

Well I have now also experienced the 3 yellow flashes.
Not noticed yesterday when it was actually windy but today put the low noise props on and other than occasional normal green status Light mainly 3 yellow flashes.
Initially I suspected flying over snow and hence poor downward positioning perhaps?
But it never cleared even flying over clear ground.

Did a gps flight to about 1km away, flew around etc and ALL absolutely fine, no issues at all.

Searched a lot of threads and found this one mentioning vibration. Seems plausible though not gone back to standard props yet.

Anyone else ?
It has nothing to do with the VPS. It is 100% the props. They are so thin that they flex and vibrate a lot. I had the same issue on every flight with the low noise props. I put the regular props back on and have not had the yellow light issue since. I did put them back on once more to test it, and the yellow light came back. So the low noise props went into the drawer.

Reactions: ICHOTT
I have 2 mavics. One sometimes will flash yellow 3 times and repeat during flight. My other mavic flashes green. No loss of signal or anything else I can tell. Any ideas what this means?
Its defintely vibration. Its only happened to me twice, both times i was using off brand propellors. Chaned back to dji propellors problem went away, put after market props back on, vibration thus 3 yellow lights. Change props.

Its defintely vibration. Its only happened to me twice, both times i was using off brand propellors. Chaned back to dji propellors problem went away, put after market props back on, vibration thus 3 yellow lights. Change props.
This thread died six months ago. I think the issue has been solved. [emoji12]

This thread died six months ago. I think the issue has been solved. [emoji12]
Not true. I have the flash issue on a mpp that has nothing to do with props. I turned one in to DJI and they told me it had a main board problem. Sent me a refurb that did the same thing. Refurb was sold. Picked up another mpp that also does the flash. Would love to find a solution. I have given up and just “fly with the flash”.

Reactions: Opabob
Not true. I have the flash issue on a mpp that has nothing to do with props. I turned one in to DJI and they told me it had a main board problem. Sent me a refurb that did the same thing. Refurb was sold. Picked up another mpp that also does the flash. Would love to find a solution. I have given up and just “fly with the flash”.
The three yellow flashes mean there is a vibration problem.
You need new propellers or calibrate your imu.

Tried several sets of props, no difference.
Change the area you are flying in. If you have tried three different mavic and several sets of propellers, then the problem is on your end.

Flying south of border in Mexico, also north of Tucson by 200 miles. So that’s three different areas spanning five to six hundred mile spread. One thing I have noticed is that when this occurs, if I stop the ac (no stick input) and let it sit, next drop altitude by 10 feet, light stops flashing and goes to green.

Update. I have added a different account to DJI, thereby bypassing my original account. When flying two different ac’s, no more flashing yellow light. I am now thinking this was tied to a no fly zone issue I had back in July of 2017 that I had to get help from DJI to resolve. There was a forest fire in my area at that time and a tfr was initiated for that incident. Once the fire effort was over, the restriction would have been canceled. For me, it was not, and I had to ask for help from DJI. They did get the issue resolved in just a few days. There must have been something tied to my account in this mix that remained in the system. Again, the only thing I’ve changed is an account name. Not sure if this would apply to anyone else, but if you’ve had a nfz issue, it may be worth a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143