DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Insurance

HALdrone_1

Reactions
Site
alejandrolalinde.net
what are my options in terms of insurance?

I will eventually get my commercial license and my drone will be part of the insurance certificate for any production i work for - but what about the other times i fly on my own?

whats possible? whats out there? and what do you fine people use?

thanks!!

From what I understand about Body Language, If you get Insurance with AAMI, an the worst happens;
The lady with the headset smiling and turning gracefully towards you:
is almost certain to come to your house with a New drone in Hand and offer to have relations with you

State Farm seems to be the best option for hobbyists. I have $1,000 of property coverage (not liability) as a standalone policy for $30 a year.

Reactions: Stride8
what are my options in terms of insurance?

I will eventually get my commercial license and my drone will be part of the insurance certificate for any production i work for - but what about the other times i fly on my own?

I'm guessing you are asking about liability coverage and not coverage for damage to the drone itself? Big difference and your post is not clear about this.

First post here.

Called my State Farm agent and asked about insurance about my Mavic. They had no idea if such a policy existed and said they would have to call me next week after some research. What exactly should I be asking them for? PAP? Liability?

First post here.

Called my State Farm agent and asked about insurance about my Mavic. They had no idea if such a policy existed and said they would have to call me next week after some research. What exactly should I be asking them for? PAP? Liability?

Yes a PAP. I told them it was for hobby purposes only. They don't insure for business purposes.

Reactions: Stride8
First post here.

Between $30--$60 a year, no deductibles..IMO a must have just in case

Verifly supports hourly liability insurance. Anyone else use it? Has anyone collected?

Reactions: Five-O
Verifly supports hourly liability insurance. Anyone else use it? Has anyone collected?

I use it, it's cheap insurance. I like the buy it as you need it aspect. I have never collected though, so would also love to hear from someone who has.

Between $30--$60 a year, no deductibles..IMO a must have just in case

Not quite no deductible. I pay $30/yr for my coverage and have a $100 deductible. That's all State Farm offered in Iowa anyway. I had to use mine within the first week of starting the policy. State Farm cut me a check for $899 with only a phone conversation.

So the State Farm coverage is just for the Mavic, not for the other drone/car/house I run into (liability)? I bought the DJI coverage right after I bought the Mavic, so maybe I don't need SF until the DJI coverage has expired?

So the State Farm coverage is just for the Mavic, not for the other drone/car/house I run into (liability)? I bought the DJI coverage right after I bought the Mavic, so maybe I don't need SF until the DJI coverage has expired?

The State Farm coverage is for damage to the drone only. Your homeowner's policy "should" cover damage to your own or other's property.

If I was you, I would get the SF insurance and DJI. I would use DJI Refresh 1st since you have it and any further claims submit to State Farm. It's cheap enough that it's great coverage to have and if DJI would deny a claim or after your 1 year Refresh expires, you still have SF coverage.

Not quite no deductible. I pay $30/yr for my coverage and have a $100 deductible. That's all State Farm offered in Iowa anyway. I had to use mine within the first week of starting the policy. State Farm cut me a check for $899 with only a phone conversation.
It must be different in each state, I am in Illinois and I have $0 deductible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki