DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini, a screwy date in the flight logs, 2015-01-08, indoor flight, 0 gps ????

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
Just wondering.
I am leaning towards it taking a date from the phone and maybe the phone's date was wonky, I guess that's easy enough to check but just wanted to see what anyone thinks. Going by adjacent DATs the actual date was 2021-01-31.

Which DAT was first? Wrong date and time or correct date and time.

It may be getting date and time from GPS when not connected to a WiFi source, and in the absence of a GPS lock it defaults to the observed date and time. I get the same issue on mine from a different manufacturer.

Going by the DAT numbers I have DATs either side of the errant DAT , both of those DATs have the date 31/01/2021 and appropriate time stamps.
The thing is I used at 3 phones that day. No I don't have a fantastic memory lol, my logbook records the phone used for each flight.

The controllers for my drones are Android based, but do not have battery backup to retain time and date. They rely on a WiFi connection to the internet or GPS timestamp for that.

The gimbaled cameras are the same when they are used apart from the aircraft. The internal system for them is NuttX based and defaults to a 01/01/2012 date in the absence of a reliable timestamp via WiFi.

The controllers for my drones are Android based, but do not have battery backup to retain time and date. They rely on a WiFi connection to the internet or GPS timestamp for that.

The gimbaled cameras are the same when they are used apart from the aircraft. The internal system for them is NuttX based and defaults to a 01/01/2012 date in the absence of a reliable timestamp via WiFi.
We are thinking along the same lines, I think.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman