DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini. Can't take off in the dark. After firmware update.

the thing you have to remember, is now that these restrictions are in place in the app, it means that if you choose to unlock the restriction, then any subsequent issue you have during the flight ,will mean that you will not be able to blame the mm for it,as you overrode the warning and it will be deemed operator error
Otherwise known as CYA! We are quickly becoming a nation of controlled slaves to the government restrictions.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I see that the original poster is in Sweden and so I wonder... but as mentioned above .. in the U.S. at least myself as a commercial operator I can't with out jumping though way too many hoops.... I only have 30 minutes before or after sunrise or sunset and then with appropriate lights....
You can fly at night as a hobbyist you don't need a wavier to fly as a hobbyist. This has been discussed a 1000 times here on the forum

Reactions: Thomas B
I updated the firmware today to .0400 now the mini won't start. The light is flashing red. I know the RC is connected to the drone as there is control over the cam. The RC shows "Unable to take off". Clicked the red warning and preflight check showed "Unable to take off(Code: 30064) no option to bypass that. I let the drone sits in for about 10 mins, the warning came saying something like, the device overheated turn off to cool down. Tried again after cool-down and nothing change. I tried to put a bright light right in front of the mini camera and it turn green and I was able to start the motors. I tried to fly it in door, once its out from the direct light, the drone landed itself. What a great update this is!!!

I updated the firmware today to .0400 now the mini won't start. The light is flashing red. I know the RC is connected to the drone as there is control over the cam. The RC shows "Unable to take off". Clicked the red warning and preflight check showed "Unable to take off(Code: 30064) no option to bypass that. I let the drone sits in for about 10 mins, the warning came saying something like, the device overheated turn off to cool down. Tried again after cool-down and nothing change. I tried to put a bright light right in front of the mini camera and it turn green and I was able to start the motors. I tried to fly it in door, once its out from the direct light, the drone landed itself. What a great update this is!!!
Did you update the app to version 1.0.4 as well? If not, the version you had probably could not interprete the code.
Likely it was compass issue with need to recalibrate. I got that a lot while updating the batteries, along with the red LED. I originally thought the red LED had to do with the battery update.

I'm suspecting the new way of handling compass issues is going to be a problem. Seem too sensitive and not reporting the real issue: external magnetic interference and not calibration issue.

The app is updated. The problem is that, you cannot fly it now in a not so well lighted room unlike in the previous firmware. You bring it out in broad daylight and it works just fine. What if I want to take a video of the rising sun? Or sunset maybe.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Well yes, then you have VLOS but you took extra steps to get it.
My point though is VLOS is the operative with governing flying at night.

The app is updated. The problem is that, you cannot fly it now in a not so well lighted room unlike in the previous firmware. You bring it out in broad daylight and it works just fine. What if I want to take a video of the rising sun? Or sunset maybe.
Even with adequate GPS lock and no compass interference?
Without GPS and VPS (low light makes VPS ineffective), all that's left is ATTI and that's not good for the inexperienced. We have lots of anecdotes now about blow aways.
You can override the lockout though. Just click on the alert which brings up the preflight checklist, click Unlock.

I uninstall the app as it was still 1.0.3 and then downloaded and install it again from app store, still it show 1.0.3, this could be the problem. I don't have an option to override it.

I uninstall the app as it was still 1.0.3 and then downloaded and install it again from app store, still it show 1.0.3, this could be the problem. I don't have an option to override it.
Download the 1.0.4 from dji website. That's what I did when I updated the firmware but forgot to update the app. Since last night when I came from work I could'nt unlock the code. After updating the app, it works as it should.

It's so frustrating, at xmas it seemed a great drone but out of the blue it seems a

You Sir are a star :)!!!
Kids are happy again and also me.
Worked for me as well
Its weird that the app store is version 3 but the DJI website is version 4
I suspect the app has not been given the "green light" by google yet

install the new version from DJI website using the QR code

Downloaded the app from DJI website and it is now working like before. Thank you so much to DanMan32, Chucky21022002 and jleavy0for, the QR code was the solution. Thank you for all the help from you guys. Appreciate it.

Same here. I had to install DJI Assistant 2 again, then you can connect with the mini. In Assistant 2 downgrade firmware of the mini to V01.00.003. Problem solved. The thing is I was reading somewhere you had to upgrade to DJI Fly 1.04 from DJI website. There is no such file on DJI site. There is also no possibility in the app to discard the low lighting no fly restriction. Yes you can use a torch. This is the first stupid firmware upgrade from JDI, I trusted this company so much. They spoiled it by this foolish firmware upgrade.

Update:
Earlier today the downoad section showed DJI Fly for android 1.03. But actually you would download 1.04. Now they changed it to 1.04. I think someone messed up. However, for the moment I stay with V01.00.003 and wait a few day. I can proceed flying inside now.old app.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated the software today on my Mavic mini. Now I can't start in the dark. Because it's too dark. Previously, I could start in the dark. It just says unable to take off in red. Also code: 30064

Anyone know how I do?

Because I want to lift in the dark. I want to film the fireworks in the dark..
Don't forget to also update the DJi Fly app to go along with the firmware

I've found even Play shows the newest version as the previous version until you install and run it, even if the original install was through Play.
Best to check the installed version from within the app.

If your current version was installed manually through DJI, you'll have to upgrade that way.

Did you update the app to version 1.0.4 as well? If not, the version you had probably could not interprete the code.
Likely it was compass issue with need to recalibrate. I got that a lot while updating the batteries, along with the red LED. I originally thought the red LED had to do with the battery update.

I'm suspecting the new way of handling compass issues is going to be a problem. Seem too sensitive and not reporting the real issue: external magnetic interference and not calibration issue.

Yes thank you. This was the problem. And is now resolved.

For those who will still be posting for help, for similar issue as mine, scan the QR code in dji download web page to download the 1.0.4 app version on your phone. This will allow you to unlock the restriction to fly at night or in low light condition. Thank you again for those that help me out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest