DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Confirmed! Latest Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more pictures of the drone and also one of the Fly More combo.

DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174492-0-0.jpg
DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174520-0-0.jpg
DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174500-0-0.jpg
DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174406-0-0.jpg

DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174483-0-0.jpg

Attachments

• DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174520-0-0.jpg
    DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174520-0-0.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174500-0-0.jpg
    DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174500-0-0.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174406-0-0.jpg
    DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174406-0-0.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174483-0-0.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DJI-Mavic-Mini-1572174483-0-0.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
For gods sake..... I’ve been ignoring these threads, but now I’ve opened the box I’m going to have to buy another drone....

This looks like too much fun.

Reactions: zeeeegerman
Well at first glance Mavic Air has 3 more buttons on the front. FN, Sport More, Pause
True, however it is the same design as all of the Mavic series excluding the SC. There won't be to much tech crammed into the MM controller obviously.

Doesn’t have front facing vision sensors!
You shouldn't depend on a front sensor for control of the craft. Those are there as a precaution. I'm speaking from a back ground of building building long range and racing quads and we've never depend on extra smart accessories to prevent us from crashing. It's all pilot skill and awareness ofyour surroundings.

Atm there are 2 other brand decent drones that use the actual camera as a sensor and they work really well for what it is. DJI may or have already implemented obstacle sensors by the camera it self.

Well, I'll just wait instead of guessing about the whole setup. Really do not want to be a beta tester. Still don't know how far/long it will really go, how wind effects it, whether or not the batteries are unique, and the cost of the thing. At 500 bucks I doubt it will lure me in...400 (with the controller) maybe. I'm not much on video and am fine with a 12MP camera and I like that some are claiming about a 30 Min flight time but we'll see. If it won't work with my small CS monitor I'll be saving my money.

Doesn’t have front facing vision sensors!
You are right! Infact, the MM really has no OA at all. Only VPS on the bottom.:( Much like the Tello!

Reactions: TDZHDTV
I think they are rushing the release because they thought they had no competition, Skydio 2.

So if you have a Mavic 2, would a Mavic Mini be a downgrade?
Depending on your needs, probably yes. It also appears to be a downgrade to the Mavic Air. Overall, the build quality that has been leaked, it seems the Mavic Mini looks like it will be more subject to damage than a Spark. The Spark is a tough little sucker. Where the MM will shine (also if the leaks are correct) is the size, better range, a little quicker, and longer fly times compared to the Spark. They are saying 30 minute flight time and that is huge for a pocket drone. Hopefully it will be able to handle 15 MPH winds but we'll just have to wait to see.

I think they are rushing the release because they thought they had no competition, Skydio 2.
I don't think so. The Skydio is in a different league. At the supposed 400 bucks, the MM will probably be a great intro quad with a reasonable camera and if produced as its shown should be a great Christmas seller. It will be great for a newbie.

You shouldn't depend on a front sensor for control of the craft. Those are there as a precaution. I'm speaking from a back ground of building building long range and racing quads and we've never depend on extra smart accessories to prevent us from crashing. It's all pilot skill and awareness ofyour surroundings.

I would guess that the vast majority of people who are considering buying a DJI drone don't have any experience building and/or racing quads, so they are really going to want to have obstacle avoidance as a key feature. This is why the Skydio 2, although in a different price bracket to the Mini, is likely to be a big winner.

I agree that pilot skill is important but a lot of people have busy lives and don't have a lot of time to spend on practising their flying skills. Indeed the actual "flying" part of the experience is often secondary to the primary goal of getting great footage and stills. Companies such as DJI and Skydio wouldn't be putting so much R&D into obstacle avoidance if they didn't believe that it would be something that a lot of their customers wanted.

Reactions: GarthH
I would guess that the vast majority of people who are considering buying a DJI drone don't have any experience building and/or racing quads, so they are really going to want to have obstacle avoidance as a key feature. This is why the Skydio 2, although in a different price bracket to the Mini, is likely to be a big winner.

I agree that pilot skill is important but a lot of people have busy lives and don't have a lot of time to spend on practising their flying skills. Indeed the actual "flying" part of the experience is often secondary to the primary goal of getting great footage and stills. Companies such as DJI and Skydio wouldn't be putting so much R&D into obstacle avoidance if they didn't believe that it would be something that a lot of their customers wanted.

I can not argue that point with you. I see this as a starter drone for someone wanting to get into the hobby but not spend near a grand to begin like I did between fatshark goggles , frsky r9 transmitter system and so fourth. I know I will be buying a MM due to form factor. It becomes a hassle to drag custom build plus goggles and lipos around or drag the P3P around. The spark did not interest me , I had one and even tho it's great at what it does , I really wanted more then average of 10 minutes flight time.

Reactions: deleted member 877
B8A9CFAE-CFC9-4179-B14E-F352D251C816.jpegHere’s a new image that DroneDj posted showing the base model. So it looks as if we will indeed receive the remote at the introductory price. I can’t make out what the 2 little black things above the screws are.

Last edited:
View attachment 84300Here’s a new image that DroneDj posted showing the base model. So it looks as if we will indeed receive the remote at the entry price point. I can’t make out what the 2 little black things above the screws are.

They are the control sticks. You can unscrew them and store them in slots in the bottom of the controller under the fold out arms that hold the phone or tablet holder.

They are the control sticks. You can unscrew them and store them in slots in the bottom of the controller under the fold out arms that hold the phone or tablet holder.
Ahhh. Of course. I see it now. Don’t know why my eyes weren’t catching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead