DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Confirmed! Latest Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eva
The Mavic mini is going to be expensive. The aircraft alone with no controller is $399. They will be selling a premium package that come with the controller, three batteries and a charger for $600.
The controller DOES come with it for $399. The “what’s in the box” pic has already been leaked for both the base model and fly more.

Reactions: weirdoz
Thanks for sharing. Interesting to see it next to the controller. Gives perspective on just how small this is.

Perhaps this helps a little more?
609f895ff6d2fb2a5746f12d65039c92.jpg

Reactions: Lastrexking
Wonder how ND filters are going to slot over the camera? Doesn't seem like there are any threading for it to lock in.

Man this thing looks like a cheap toy. The panel gap is killing me. Especially on the backsides of the arms where I presume they squeezed the 3D printed piece of plastic. I suppose it’s necessary for the weight savings. Just thought DJI could pull this off cleaner. The plastic looks ultra cheap. I’ll probably still buy it cause I’m a junkieXL.

Last edited:
Here's a big one. Mexico requires anything above 250 grams to be registered, BUT... to register you have to be a Mexican citizen. So that's a huge reason to buy one right there if you're planning to go anywhere in Mexico.View attachment 84313
The Cartel controls Mexico. You pretty much can do what you want.

We don't even know if the Mavic Mini is even real. 250g limit is stupid to care about. Think about why it matters for us to understand. It's a regulation of having to register your drone. It makes absolutely Zero relevancy to how it would fly, registered or not. When people are scared to register, it means they have something to hide. When you have nothing to hide you can have 55lbs. in the air and still have the same care as 55g in the air.
Or.......maybe, just maybe, people are more scared to fork over $5 because then they can't afford to give up their Starbucks coffee for the day.....???‍♂️?‍♂️

Or.......maybe, just maybe, people are more scared to fork over $5 because then they can't afford to give up their Starbucks coffee for the day.....???‍♂️?‍♂️
Lol no , it all comes down to law abiding citizens refusing to let government have more control.

Same as the war on 2A that always being pushed to remove personal protection guns from law abiding citizens because of a few morons. You can pass as many laws as you like but in the long run , it only hurts the people who never or do not break laws and abide and mind their own business.

That's my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own without confrontation and argument.

Perhaps this helps a little more?
609f895ff6d2fb2a5746f12d65039c92.jpg
That’s insanely small. I can’t see this being much more than a personal drone. It’ll struggle in wind.
I think there’s a place in the market for it. I’ll probably pick one up.

Reactions: Taw198500
Lol no , it all comes down to law abiding citizens refusing to let government have more control.

Same as the war on 2A that always being pushed to remove personal protection guns from law abiding citizens because of a few morons. You can pass as many laws as you like but in the long run , it only hurts the people who never or do not break laws and abide and mind their own business.

That's my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own without confrontation and argument.
Coincidentally enough I said the same thing about being entitled to an opinion without confrontation and argument to an ex girlfriend, which come to find out is the absolute wrong thing to say to a person who wanted to confront and argue ?‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Taw198500
Coincidentally enough I said the same thing about being entitled to an opinion without confrontation and argument to an ex girlfriend, which come to find out is the absolute wrong thing to say to a person who wanted to confront and argue ?‍♂️
Lmao , yes that only work on guys. No disrespect to any female pilots here.

Its interesting to see the hype for this little Mavic, no doubt on release there will be the usual Youtubers giving it large.

As a first drone, it looks like it will undoutably be a great little drone to have, new users will be hooked and soon want to move onto it's bigger brothers in the Mavic range after enjoying months of fun.

Personally having had a Mavic Pro for two thoroughly enjoyable years, I bought a M2P on release day due to it being a large upgrade from the MP.

If an M3P comes out next year then I will probably buy it, assuming it has some useful upgrades compared to my M2P.

The less than 250g weight of the Mavic Mini will not exempt anyone from the UK drone regulations, but will save them £9 drone registration in the UK.

Just my thoughts, a happy DJI customer.

That’s insanely small. I can’t see this being much more than a personal drone. It’ll struggle in wind.
I think there’s a place in the market for it. I’ll probably pick one up.
As a former Spark owner it seemed fine in wind. The difference between the two is only 51 grams which is essentially 9 quarters weight. So I can’t imagine it’d be all that different and struggles Of course super heavy wind is probably a no go, but that’s a given.

Last edited:
Reactions: BingErr
As a former Spark owner it seemed fine in wind. The difference between the two is only 51 grams which is essentially 9 quarters weight. So I can’t imagine it’d be all that different. Of course super heavy wind is probably a no go, but that’s a given.
Guess no one here heard of the emax tiny hawk or betafpv85. I've had both of these sub 100 mm micro drones and they handle up to 8mpg using 2s lipo and 0803 or 1102 brushless motors on 40mm props. The notion of this new craft not able to handle wind is absurd.

If I can take a emax tinyhawk in 5mph upwind then this Mavic mini can handle much more gust of winds. Everyone keeps saying , oh the wind or no 4k no deal. We get it , it's not the mavic 3 or phantom 5 and you're upset that casuals are finally being targeted. Be happy that casuals like me are getting a slice of the DJI pie. That means a stronger community and support for all.

As a former Spark owner it seemed fine in wind. The difference between the two is only 51 grams which is essentially 9 quarters weight. So I can’t imagine it’d be all that different and struggles Of course super heavy wind is probably a no go, but that’s a given.
I agree. The Spark was amazing in wind. Even better than my Mavic Air. If the Mavic Mini is anything like the Spark it will be a beast in adverse weather.

And a new app
922337CD-3BB8-4A8B-AFB7-EEE9DC2A147D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard