DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Confirmed! Latest Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on your needs, probably yes. It also appears to be a downgrade to the Mavic Air. Overall, the build quality that has been leaked, it seems the Mavic Mini looks like it will be more subject to damage than a Spark. The Spark is a tough little sucker. Where the MM will shine (also if the leaks are correct) is the size, better range, a little quicker, and longer fly times compared to the Spark. They are saying 30 minute flight time and that is huge for a pocket drone. Hopefully it will be able to handle 15 MPH winds but we'll just have to wait to see.
The Spark can handle 25+ MPH Beach winds in Sport mode. I've done it around the time when I first got it. The higher the headspeed the easier it is to keep stable when wind hits it.

The Spark can handle 25+ MPH Beach winds in Sport mode. I've done it around the time when I first got it. The higher the headspeed the easier it is to keep stable when wind hits it.
A 680 gram drone like the Spark is probably gonna handle better in high winds than the 250 gram MM model. Still it's all speculation at this point until somebody gets one and reports on it. If it can fly at the speeds leaked, it might be able to fly OK in higher winds but might not be as stable as the Spark in the same conditions. Also how fast adverse wind conditions kill the battery life is an unknown element.

A 680 gram drone like the Spark is probably gonna handle better in high winds than the 250 gram MM model. Still it's all speculation at this point until somebody gets one and reports on it. If it can fly at the speeds leaked, it might be able to fly OK in higher winds but might not be as stable as the Spark in the same conditions. Also how fast adverse wind conditions kill the battery life is an unknown element.

The DJI Spark weighs 300 grams.

We don't even know if the Mavic Mini is even real. 250g limit is stupid to care about. Think about why it matters for us to understand. It's a regulation of having to register your drone. It makes absolutely Zero relevancy to how it would fly, registered or not. When people are scared to register, it means they have something to hide. When you have nothing to hide you can have 55lbs. in the air and still have the same care as 55g in the air.

Reactions: deleted member 877
The DJI Spark weighs 300 grams.

OK I'm probably wrong thought the Spark was a 1.5 pounder with the battery. Maybe I read the total package weight. Thanks for the clearing that up.
Edit...that actually makes me want a MM more as the spark does a pretty good job in wind.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted member 877
Well technically we don’t know if it even has a sport mode yet. The images we’ve seen of the remote so far show no sport mode button. And we also haven’t seen anything in regards to speed based off the best buy specs.

250g limit is stupid to care about. Think about why it matters for us to understand. It's a regulation of having to register your drone. It makes absolutely Zero relevancy to how it would fly, registered or not. When people are scared to register, it means they have something to hide. When you have nothing to hide you can have 55lbs. in the air and still have the same care as 55g in the air.
Actually registration isn't a factor while flying w/i the NAS except the FAA saying it must be registered by law. You still must follow the same FAA rules with an unregistered (.5 or less) drone as one you have to register. If these little .5 or less drones start becoming a problem with the national air space, my guess is the FAA will change the weight registration limit.

We don't even know if the Mavic Mini is even real. 250g limit is stupid to care about. Think about why it matters for us to understand. It's a regulation of having to register your drone. It makes absolutely Zero relevancy to how it would fly, registered or not. When people are scared to register, it means they have something to hide. When you have nothing to hide you can have 55lbs. in the air and still have the same care as 55g in the air.
I have to agree that point. Many people feel as if that's more control of their freedom and personal liberty by the government. I did not register and refuse too. Me flying on my own property is my business and not the government. Their hands are already deep enough in my pocket.

Can't remember the old old saying but something along the lines of less government control the more freedom of the people of this nation and more government is less freedom of the people.

Well I don't want this thread to spin off topic into whether or not to register. But I do agree we don't even know what coming for sure.

I agree with you 100%. I totally don't get why there is such a big thing about not having to register a drone - especially in the USA where it only costs a few bucks. At Spin-up one of the presenters who has contacts in the FAA said that they are taking a "wait and see" approach to the sub 250-gram weight category - so it might not be too long before a drone has to weigh less than say, 200 grams for it to be exempt.

Last edited:

The weight has definite for people in countries other than the US,, i.e. Canada among many others

The weight has definite ??? for people in countries other than the US,, i.e. Canada among many others

Interesting. Can you name some of the benefits (I figure that is the word that you omitted in your post), apart from not having to register, of owning a sub 250-gram drone in other countries such as Canada ?

Interesting. Can you name some of the benefits (I figure that is the word that you omitted in your post), apart from not having to register, of owning a sub 250-gram drone in other countries such as Canada ?
Here's a big one. Mexico requires anything above 250 grams to be registered, BUT... to register you have to be a Mexican citizen. So that's a huge reason to buy one right there if you're planning to go anywhere in Mexico.drone law Mexico.jpg

The Mavic mini is going to be expensive. The aircraft alone with no controller is $399. They will be selling a premium package that come with the controller, three batteries and a charger for $600.

Reactions: pyrolator
The Mavic mini is going to be expensive. The aircraft alone with no controller is $399. They will be selling a premium package that come with the controller, three batteries and a charger for $600.

It's not really expensive. it's half the price of e MP2.

Reactions: BingErr
Just to share, Info from my local store.

782bf9cedb067f81bd9b5f6d427a20cb.jpg

Just to share, Info from my local store.

782bf9cedb067f81bd9b5f6d427a20cb.jpg
Thanks for sharing. Interesting to see it next to the controller. Gives perspective on just how small this is.

Reactions: Air_Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev