DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini crash: Pilot error, software bug or hardware failure?

Valid, points until proven otherwise, but DombiF is not posting any logs. We can continue and speculate long time, without really knowing what happened. With logs someone would look and shed light on the issue.

Open questions:
  • What exactly does OP want to achieve?
  • Get possible reasons?
  • Finding out the cause ?
  • Getting views for the video ?
  • Maybe all of the above together ?

Hey @DombiF, unsere Glaskugeln sind heute ausgeschaltet. :) Ohne passenden Logs wird hier pur spekuliert, es sei denn dies ist auch die Absicht. Bitte die Logs nachreichen, wenn du den wahren Grund wissen willst.
It's obviously pilot error, that's why there no logs.

I also support Replayman's view that the crash was caused by bad weather: freezing fog - on the leading edges of the propellers. Mavic loses buoyancy and goes down. If the flight shortened by a few seconds nothing would happen.

Icing is very insidious. Sometimes what seem like the very same conditions that have been benign will turn on you and the ice build up becomes surprisingly rapid. Murphy's law I guess

I got the same error yesterday. I was flying at an altitude of 140 meters and a distance of 700 meters. I engaged RTH but the drone was not moving i waited a minute and then i turned off RTH and i have tacked the commands. Everything worked normally i started flying to home. This happened above water there where trees all around. Then suddenly my drone started loosing altitude and i just had time to pass the trees then my drone landed. I needed to search it.

I got the same error yesterday. I was flying at an altitude of 140 meters and a distance of 700 meters. I engaged RTH but the drone was not moving i waited a minute and then i turned off RTH and i have tacked the commands. Everything worked normally i started flying to home. This happened above water there where trees all around. Then suddenly my drone started loosing altitude and i just had time to pass the trees then my drone landed. I needed to search it.
If you want to understand what happened I recommend you to start your own thread in this forum section --> Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance

Then include your mobile device TXT log in your post there ... how to retrieve --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide (read under point 3.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15