DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plofzwam

Reactions
i was flying my mavic mini a while ago, all went fine until i tried to do a cinematic shot, unfortinatly my drone got caugt in a tree and fell down, as far as i can see the damaged had only been one ripped (front left) and one broken propellor (rear left). i replaced these 2 props, but when i now try to fly the drone immediatly goes to the front left and i can't propperly control it, as soon as it is of the ground it shoots away, i've already tried to calibrate IMU and compas but this didn't work. does anyone know what i should do? and when i also wonder whether you should really replace both proppelors on the arm after a crash (which i haven't done after the crash)?

I hope someone can help me

Update:
Thanks for the help, i had indeed mixed up the propellors (i didn't know there where different once)

Also i want to give you guys some credit, i expected it to take about a week before i even got a reaction let alone a useful one, but you guys really helped me out quick and good! so thanks!

Last edited:
WELCOME to the forum :)

Yes indeed, welcome to the forum!
Fortunately, I have had no experiences of crashes or hard landings, but I believe that replacing both props on arms that seemed to take a hit woul be the proper thing to do. There are you tube videos on the net showing the correct method of identifying the relevant propellers to be fitted.
Personally, I would replace all of them before flying again after carrying out calibration and any other checks called for.
Stay safe! Hope you are flying again soon.

Check if you used the correct propellors, back and front props are different.
That is incorrect, the props are handed for clockwise and counter clockwise rotation but NOT front vs back.

That said, blades should be replaced as a pair, damage one blade on a motor and you should replace both blades on that motor.
However Charice's post and the description of the repair make me wonder if the OP has put a wrong handed blade on one or both motors

the props are matched diagonally front to rear, only change one motor at a time, that way you lessen the chance of mixing them up ,so for instance if the front right looking at the camera ,was a CCW prop,then the rear left would be the same

Hello everyone this is off thread but I wanted to thank everyone for their help when I tried to replace all props for first time I got thread sealant in two motors my mini was flying like a broken tank with the forums advice I was quickly cleared all motors of these micro debris thanks again for the knowledge

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000