DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini FCC Version Hack for Full Power in EU

Do you have a CE or FCC version mini?
IOS or android phone ?
Im assuming you are flying in 5.8 GHz ?

Answering your question, I have CE version mini, smartphone Samsung A40 running Android 9 Pie and 5.8 Ghz frequency.

Just for clarify, Log corruption only happend once to me. Maybe a one-shoot issue ?

Based on my own experience I slightly changed FCC hack:

FCC Hack tips

- First tip 'landing procedure for FCC hack': After a succesfully FCC hacked flight YOU CAN LAND NORMALLY. It's not neccesary to disconnect phone as other said. Don't worry to loose FCC Hack. After landing you should turn off Mini as soon as possible, but no hurry. I tested several times, even using hand landing. Every time FCC hack was preserved. Landing this way Log lost issue didn't happen again to me.

- Second tip 'manual vs automatic channel setup for FCC hack': As you know, you must enable FCC Hack for the first time by using FakeGPS. During this process I recommend you entering TRANSMISSION setup tab, setting MANUAL and choosing a random 5.8 Ghz channel. If didn't you could be disappointed Mavic Mini choosing a 2.4 Ghz channel at takeoff. As you know, 2.4 Ghz band is not enhanced by FCC Hack. Once airborne is not possible to change channel.

These are my 2 cents..

R.

Last edited:
Answering your question, I have CE version mini, smartphone Samsung A40 running Android 9 Pie and 5.8 Ghz frequency.

Just for clarify, Log corruption only happend once to me. Maybe a one-shoot issue ?

Based on my own experience I slightly changed FCC hack:

FCC Hack tips

- First tip 'landing procedure for FCC hack': After a succesfully FCC hacked flight YOU CAN LAND NORMALLY. It's not neccesary to disconnect phone as other said. Don't worry to loose FCC Hack. After landing you should turn off Mini as soon as possible, but no hurry. I tested several times, even using hand landing. Every time FCC hack was preserved. Landing this way Log lost issue didn't happen again to me.

- Second tip 'manual vs automatic channel setup for FCC hack': As you know, you must enable FCC Hack for the first time by using FakeGPS. During this process I recommend you entering TRANSMISSION setup tab, setting MANUAL and choosing a random 5.8 Ghz channel. If didn't you could be disappointed Mavic Mini choosing a 2.4 Ghz channel at takeoff. As you know, 2.4 Ghz band is not enhanced by FCC Hack. Once airborne is not possible to change channel.

These are my 2 cents..

R.

Thanks for the update and tips.

I have been flying both my CE and FCC models outside of the US. I had not been able to duplicate the problem of losing the log corruption issue that you have experienced. Good to know that it happened to you only one time but it still has me wondering how and why it happened.

As we know, to check if the CE model maintains the FakeGPS hack after landing, shutting off, and restarting is easily done by looking at the transmission information. The FCC model is not the same as there are no 2.4 GHz channels to count. Hopefully, someone will come up with a way to visually confirm the FCC version (when used in a CE country) still holds the FakeGPS hack after restarting. The only way I have found so far is checking the distance. If anyone knows a different way please jump in....

Hopefully soon, someone will come up with a software hack that will eliminate the need for the Fake GPS hack. NLDz has done it for the previous Mavic models but not yet for the mini. I also see that there is a software hack for the CE version when using an apple phone. Nothing yet for an android that I can find.

Reactions: raulmavic
any update with this thread? I have a mavic mini FCC unit and I reside in a CE country. Any recommendation to unlock all of my FCC capabilities?

any update with this thread? I have a mavic mini FCC unit and I reside in a CE country. Any recommendation to unlock all of my FCC capabilities?

Nothing new yet as far as a App mod that will eliminate having to use the Fake GPS hack. I use the hack on my FCC model and get the same range that I would if I were in the US. I also use it on my CE model and it more or less doubled the range when I use the 5.8 GHz option. Sure, it's not near as far as the FCC model but when in a highly infected 2.4 area it works fine.

What are your findings when using the hack on your FCC unit ?

Nothing new yet as far as a App mod that will eliminate having to use the Fake GPS hack. I use the hack on my FCC model and get the same range that I would if I were in the US. I also use it on my CE model and it more or less doubled the range when I use the 5.8 GHz option. Sure, it's not near as far as the FCC model but when in a highly infected 2.4 area it works fine.

What are your findings when using the hack on your FCC unit ?

Any link for the koded app so that we dont use fake gps all of the time?

I don't know of any. Maybe NLDz will come up with an app soon hopefully.

Using the Fake GPS hack is not difficult and only takes a couple minutes if you need to re-initialize it.

Are you using it and if so have you had any problems with it ?

I don't know of any. Maybe NLDz will come up with an app soon hopefully.

Using the Fake GPS hack is not difficult and only takes a couple minutes if you need to re-initialize it.

Are you using it and if so have you had any problems with it ?

Honestly i get the same performace before and after gps hack with my fcc variant.

Honestly i get the same performace before and after gps hack with my fcc variant.

If like that then something is not right.

What range are you able to achieve ?

What is the procedure you are using to set the hack ?

What Fake GPS program are you using ?

Did you enable Developer Options and have you set the "Select mock location app" on your phone ?

Last edited:
I own FCC versions but operates in CE country. I followed the steps to change the mode under no GPS area. But when I tried to fly the AC in the open area, as soon as I connect the RC to phone, the message wireless networks change came out. Off which, it changes back to CE version. Is it because of the Fly App version I am using that cause the mode to change back to CE mode. I am using the latest DJI Fly app which I believe is 1.0.8

plug it in flight

Are you sure ?

If you are right, are very bad news. That means FCC hack stops working at new DJI Fly 1.0.8 update :(

My only hope is you are doing something wrong. Is the first time for you using FCC hack ?

R.

I plug it before flight but after starting the motor.
Do u start when flying? Will try again if time permits

You have to take off using only remote controller. Once Mavic mini is airborne it's time to connect phone to controller and launch DJI Fly app.

Please, try this way and report here

R.

Is there any method for FCC version to check if it is in CE or FCC mode beside flying distance?

Unfortunatelly not possible for FCC Mavic Mini model.

That is only possible at CE models, watching available 2.4 Ghz WIFI channels at DJI Fly app.

R.

Reactions: rafieldo
I tried the hacks to let AC to hover first before connecting RC to phone. I only got 500m distance and 200m height when my mini started loosing connection...
What about others, do u get 500m for FCC in urban area?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78