DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini first batch problems

thermalflyer

Reactions
I am thinking of buying mavic mini, but i read on many places that there is some problems on the first batch of mavic mini. So i decided to wait for the second batch to arrive after pre-order and -re-sale, so that they can fix some of the reported bugs in software and hardware. Now the pre-orders has been deliver and bugs has been reported , i was wondering when can be the second batch?

The majority of Mini owners have not had any problems. Plus DJI just released firmware version v01.00.0300 which seems to have some major updates that we have been waiting for.
yes i just saw the release note... i contacted the JD store and it say 15 days for Standard unit while 45 days for fly more combo ... i suppose i should wait few more days to see reviews after this new version ....

Reactions: winken4419
Waiting for the second batch does not always mean, you'll get a better device.
E.g. I got a Mavic Pro from the fitst batch at early December 2016 and it works perfect until today. Followed by this batch DJI produced a batch which had massive compass problems especially in Sports mode caused by different cable placing which had to be fixed by their service.
So I didn't hesitate now when buying a Mavic Mini and mine is fine.

Waiting for the second batch does not always mean, you'll get a better device.
E.g. I got a Mavic Pro from the fitst batch at early December 2016 and it works perfect until today. Followed by this batch DJI produced a batch which had massive compass problems especially in Sports mode caused by different cable placing which had to be fixed by their service.
So I didn't hesitate now when buying a Mavic Mini and mine is fine.
you are right .... but there are two major problems i am worried about. freaking noise of gimble and shaky videos ... these two issues are very prominent...

freaking noise of gimble and shaky videos ... these two issues are very prominent...
Are you sure these are 100% DJI problems and not user error?
(I haven't had a deep dive into the topic, I really don't know.)

There are a few issues out there like that.
But not hundreds like the Spark falling out of the sky during its first summer update.

One is caused by a "not ready for prime time" lens filter that the manufacturer has given 100% refunds and warnings not to use them.

I am already in China ... Will grab it from here ... Even here they are talking about 10 to 15 days for delivery ...

There might be user error also ... For specially fly away etc ... But I don't think freaking gimble sound and shaky video is on users ...

i think with any mass produced product there are going to be issues with some of them, this is true of many new products besides drones, i guess i am lucky and got a good one for both my MPP and now my MM, its just the luck of the draw i guess, but i do agree a lot of so called issues can be traced back to operator error

As per the other thread I've updated the firmware and my noisy gimbal is no more. I also did a 10+min flight in rather cold weather and didnt get any of the shaking I got yesterday nor did I get any of the power warnings. It seems that three might really be the magic number (v3 for the firmware) :D

you are right .... but there are two major problems i am worried about. freaking noise of gimble and shaky videos ... these two issues are very prominent...
A noise that doesnt affect performance and can't be heard the moment you turn the props on doesn't seem like a reason not to get it...And shaky videos seem to be for a few peoople, not the majority. If you have issues, send it back

As per the other thread I've updated the firmware and my noisy gimbal is no more. I also did a 10+min flight in rather cold weather and didnt get any of the shaking I got yesterday nor did I get any of the power warnings. It seems that three might really be the magic number (v3 for the firmware) :D
Good to know

Mine's been great right from the rip roar. (Knocks on wood) This is my 4th DJI drone so I know what to expect.

I thought the same when I got the Mavic Air after having two sparks for over a year.
MA has been nothing but a disappointment with a slew of issues all covered by warranty.
No one should have to turn in two Mavic Air over 7 times for warranty issues since March 23, 2019
And, one in the shop since November 9th :oops:

But so far, also knocks on wood, the Mavic Mini has been awesome.
Just wish they would fix the flight log download from DJI servers to log book services.
Straight to the device is ok.
Downloaded to Drone Logbook or AirData is hosed.
As well as syncing between devices is hosed.
Device recording the flight is OK.
Device syncing to is not.

After the update I heard the high pitched gimbal noise momentarily (I’d only heard it twice on previous FW), got one power warning in sport mode flying into 10.5mph wind with 21mph gusts. Over my Mavic Air whichI sold it’s a joy to fly if you respect its capabilities, the much noise levels and longer flight times (I’m getting about 22 mins, landing at 20%) make for a much more relaxing experience. Very happy and it will only get better with future updates.

If you already have another DJI drone, waiting 6 months after release to purchase the latest and greatest smallest drone is prudent. Lots of FW and app features and bug fixes require the feedback from the early adopters to get right. Early adopters are unpaid beta testers. On the other hand, the risk with a $399 drone is minimal, and Refresh is only $39. Join the party! Thumbswayup

Last edited:
I have a first batch and it’s fine. It’s massed produced so you never know if you get a lemon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan