DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini flight logs

Rex Peters

Reactions
Pardon my ignorance but I have seen in previous posts of people being asked to submit their flight data to this forum so you drone wizards can analyze the data to see what occurred on that flight. What is the procedure to do this? I have no clue? Can you do this flight data retrieval if your Mavic mini is lost or dead? I haven’t had any issues with mine so far but it seems to be many posts of flight issues and I just want to be prepared if I need your expertise on what went wrong.
FYI, my phone is an iPhone 7 if you need to know that.
Best regards,

Reactions: old man mavic
Can you do this flight data retrieval if your Mavic mini is lost or dead?
Yes. Flight logs are created on your iPhone every time you fly.

I find the easiest way to get flight logs is to set up an account on airdata.com and follow the instructions from there.

Once you have created an account on airdata.com you can use their mobile App called airdata UAV to upload to their website directly from your phone.

Once the flight logs are uploaded to airdata.com you can download the original log from their website.

How to proceed so that flight data is always saved. Now it doesn't always do that. No flight file found on phone

How to proceed so that flight data is always saved. Now it doesn't always do that. No flight file found on phone
It should normally record flight data for every flight without you doing anything.

there is an issue with the last app update, if i uninstall the app and install it again, it will give me all the logs before the last update 1.0.8 but nothing after that, i flew yesterday, i had the log in my phone and i uninstalled the app, after reinstall it gave me all logs until april 2, nothing after nor even my log from 3 hours before. So the point is...the app will upload all logs, but will download nothing on the phone. I hope they will fix this problem

there is an issue with the last app update, if i uninstall the app and install it again, it will give me all the logs before the last update 1.0.8 but nothing after that, i flew yesterday, i had the log in my phone and i uninstalled the app, after reinstall it gave me all logs until april 2, nothing after nor even my log from 3 hours before. So the point is...the app will upload all logs, but will download nothing on the phone. I hope they will fix this problem
If you delete the app, you delete the flight records.
Flight records that have been synched come back but any data that hasn't been synched is lost.

Greetings!

I'm sure I once saw a thread explaining how to understand the flight data from these logs, but for the life of me I cannot find it again.

If this was indeed a thread in this forum, and someone knows where it is, please be so kind as to share a link.

Thanks!

Should it be stored when the drone has landed and the engines have shut down and if so, how long should the equipment be powered on?

If you delete the app, you delete the flight records.
Flight records that have been synched come back but any data that hasn't been synched is lost.
i am sorry to say that but i do not agree with you sir, in airdata do appear all my logs, so they are synched in my dji account, why do they not appear on my phone? My opinion is like i said, it is a little bug, the sync is made only one way....in my case upload, but not download. I have tested on another phone and the same thing.

Please make a test, install the app on the other phone, log in it with the same account, and make a log in the app with the first phone, this way you must see the log on the second phone, but unfortunatelly will not happen like that. Until update to 1.0.8 if i was logged on three phones, on all of them i had the same log after every flight

Last edited:
Should it be stored when the drone has landed and the engines have shut down and if so, how long should the equipment be powered on?
Even if the app crashes or signal is lost, the .txt record will be there for as long as there was signal and the app was running.
There's nothing special that you need to do.

Greetings!

I'm sure I once saw a thread explaining how to understand the flight data from these logs, but for the life of me I cannot find it again.

If this was indeed a thread in this forum, and someone knows where it is, please be so kind as to share a link.

Thanks!
Can it have been this one ---> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide (post #1)

Can it have been this one ---> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide (post #1)

I really do believe it was this one!

Thank you so much

Although I have not had any incidents with my MM (touch wood), I am interested in understanding all the technology behind it, including understanding the flight data. I enjoy this just as much as the actual flying and the creativity of the photo/videography.

Again, many thanks.

Thanks for that link. Clarified a lot of things. But still the drone doesn't do txt. file on each flight. It is only apparently acceptable

Thanks for that link. Clarified a lot of things. But still the drone doesn't do txt. file on each flight.
It does ... that's what it is programmed to do.
Perhaps you aren't looking in the right place.

Now it's over. The files had gone to another phone that was not on the driver screen. It also includes the program DJIfly. Thanks for your help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear