DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini LR with 2.4/5.8G booster

tarotX8

Reactions
Hello guys,

someone tried the Mini with the Alientech 2.4G booster or a DIY w2.4G booster ?? Wondering if we can make some good LR with this litle boy ;)

Just ordered the Alientech 3 Pro 2.4G booster (Air version) and will post results. Ive been using the V1 version with MP1 with outstanding results. Let's see....

Last edited:
Reactions: TimboAngelo
I hope you are improving the receive of the device too as just because the drone can hear you, doesnt mean you can hear it.

Well I think you'll find it not as good. You'll increase any noise you'll have got

This is why people use directional antennas

Hi, i am new here,

I got a CE model 2,5Ghz + 5.8Ghz and fly on a CE zone, yet range is VERY poor, like no more than 250meters where tested.

I was thinking to try and install a bidirectional amplifier - It needs some modding on the remote but i am ok with that.
A. 2.5Ghz: WiFi Wireless N Broadband 2.4GHz 4W WLAN Signal Extender Range Booster Amplifier 745103539117 | eBay
B. 5+ Ghz: Dual band WiFi Repeater Extender 5GHZ 5W Wireless Signal Range Booster Amplifier | eBay ( not actual dual band , just 5.8Ghz)
since i have only found amplifiers that work on 2,5Ghz OR 5.8Ghz frequency, i dont know what combination would work best for better range :

Option 1. one amplifier on one of the 2 antennas on 2.5Ghz frequency - but thinking about interference with local 2.5Ghz wifi routers
Option 2. one amplifier on one of the 2 antennas on 5.8Ghz frequency - but thinking about less range that 5+ Ghz has
Option 3. two amplifiers on both antennas on 2.5Ghz frequency - the more the merrier? but then i will not able to operate at 5.8Ghz at all
Option 4. two amplifiers on both antennas on 5.8Ghz frequency - again the more the merrier? but then i will not able to operate at 2.5 Ghz at all
Option 5 one amplifier on one antenna on 2.5 Ghz AND one amplifier on the other antenna on 5.8Ghz - i am thinking that this way, drone can auto switch to band that it prefers but then i would only have one amplifier in use at the time

i would appreciate to hear your thoughts about that....

Regards

Last edited:
the drone will not auto switch between the bands, but you can do that manually
personally i have flown over the neighborhood on 2.4ghz, i lost the signal for a few times, but no problem, it reconnected again and it worked very well, i could get a range about 900m in 2.4 but i repeat, in the city where is full of wireless networks

I get about 1250m distance in Sofia, Bulgaria -> city center where it is literally packed with Wi-Fi very hectically! The lil drone knows to switch from 5.8 to 2.4 when you go far - it does it all automatic for me. I don't use any range extenders, reflectors or amplifiers - just stock the way it is, CE version of course.

If there is a way to increase the range by a bit please do share guys - was thinking of these reflective extenders but not sure if they'll help enough! I wanna get 1.5km in the city and I'll be all happy.

:)

I'm 99.9% sure the mini will not change from 5.8 to 2.4ghz on its own mid flight. I can lose signal at 800m on 5.8ghz and it won't flick to 2.4ghz to gain signal again.

Reactions: PanX
I'm 99.9% sure the mini will not change from 5.8 to 2.4ghz on its own mid flight. I can lose signal at 800m on 5.8ghz and it won't flick to 2.4ghz to gain signal again.
what about the 0.1% ? ...because I have taken off with 2.4ghz and when I landed it was on 5.8ghz - so how does that happen?! I know its the other way around, but I can even demonstrate this, I'll make a video and share it here later on today sometime. I'll go to that field again in the mountain and take off in 2.4 and you'll see when I land it will be 5.8 all automatically.

So it doesn't make sense for it not to be able to switch to gain signal again. Maybe your 2.4 is always too full and busy and that's why yours don't change.

I may be wrong about this, but I will make the video and we can discuss it after that.

:) sweet

See my Mini (CE version) always tries to start up in 2.4ghz, I know this because when I'm out in the mountain(no wi-fi to interfere) then my Mini always automatically sets the transmission to 2.4ghz. When I'm in Sofia, at home in the capital city where it is full of 2.4ghz wi-fi my Mavic Mini then all automatically prefers to take off in 5.8 from the start!

So why would they not make it possible to switch midair, as to extend the range if needed and if possible(2.4 not too congested)? Because they advertise the CE Version as 2.0km range, which means that it should try to switch if it can when it needs to...

Sweet

PS: I wanna test this and see, will be a mission but I'll try my best.

:)

Just ordered the Alientech 3 Pro 2.4G booster (Air version) and will post results. Let's see....

I know the original post was over three years ago, but I’m curious if Alientech range boosters really increase distance, or just cleans up the signal? I’ll search other threads, too.

i realize we’ve got 5.8GHz here in the FCC domain, but I’m just curious.

Guys, anyone knows the username from "Fly Far and Wide" or if he is part of this forum? He is using unidirectional antennas with amplifier. His longest flight range was 20 km in this setup. He has a video showing that the Mini RC can be modded for SMA connectors.

As for Amps these are the most notorious ones by Sunhans ( #1 - 2.4 GHz Example, #2 - Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz Example).
if you had to choose the band of the amplifiers, would you choose 2.4 or 5.8 band?

When it comes to range issues with the CE version, always remember that at a specific altitude the interference situation can be way different compared to ground. So I usually am using my Mini as a scanner when it is about 30m in altitude above me. And often I will see strong interference on the channel which the Mini had autoselected. In this situation I will land immediately and manually switch to a channel which was displayed as almost free before. This way I am avoiding any interference problems during my real flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31