DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Wind Calcs

@gb160 there has been an interesting development. It appears that there is a readable on board .DAT on the Mavic Mini. It's described here
LOGs inside the SD card - I WANT TO KNOW

I suspect the same may be true of the MA2. Can you take a look?

Reactions: Zbip57 and sar104
@gb160 there has been an interesting development. It appears that there is a readable on board .DAT on the Mavic Mini. It's described here
LOGs inside the SD card - I WANT TO KNOW

I suspect the same may be true of the MA2. Can you take a look?
You suspect right !
there is a folder on the root of the SD card called MISC, in that is a folder called GIS which has a file called dji.gis...renaming it to dji.DAT allows it to be opened up in CsvView.

Only problem is I've formatted my SD card since I last flew my drone, regardless I hovered in my garden for a short while and moved it around briefly so there should be some data to look at.

Here is the contents of my SD card if its of any use to you:

Reactions: BudWalker
You suspect right !
there is a folder on the root of the SD card called MISC, in that is a folder called GIS which has a file called dji.gis...renaming it to dji.DAT allows it to be opened up in CsvView.

Only problem is I've formatted my SD card since I last flew my drone, regardless I hovered in my garden for a short while and moved it around briefly so there should be some data to look at.

Here is the contents of my SD card if its of any use to you:

Although dji.DAT (renamed from dji.gis) can be "opened" by CsvView there isn't any data to see. It appears that the MA2 doesn't produce a .DAT on the SD card.

Reactions: gb160
Although dji.DAT (renamed from dji.gis) can be "opened" by CsvView there isn't any data to see. It appears that the MA2 doesn't produce a .DAT on the SD card.
Could this be that I didn't fly far enough? I literally gave it just a couple of laps of my (small) garden at a very low altitude...I thought that would be enough.

Im going out for some proper flights tomorrow so is it worth looking again?

Could this be that I didn't fly far enough? I literally gave it just a couple of laps of my (small) garden at a very low altitude...I thought that would be enough.

Im going out for some proper flights tomorrow so is it worth looking again?
Probably not. I turned on my MM for about 15 secs and that was enough to generate the fc_log.log file. But, you never know, so give it a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: gb160
I am wondering, would it be possible to parse the DAT file on the phone itself, in real time (as the data gets written) and then show some of that parsed data (wind speed would certainly be high on my list) as an overlay in the DJI Fly. Don't know about the iOS but in theory it should be doable on android. You can use Tasker to show and automatically update a small overlay that gets shown only when DJI Fly is open.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk