DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC, Noisey, Noisey, Noisey!

Ive had a mavic pro more than a year here in Spain, fly every week, never had any gimbal issues at all, I protect it well flying with a sunshade and in the box

Reactions: Skymax
Noisy, louder, quieter... Quite a tricky thing to figure out.
I was 25 years in the car audio industry, (among other pro audio situations)
Decibels dont have the same effect as frequency on the human ear when one is complaining about "loud or noisy"
Ever had the BOOM BOOM cars drive by at a few hundred feet? All you can hear is the low frequency bass at that distance. I can assure you that in a sound quality car audio system ALL frequencies of the music are fairly equal in decibel readings inside the car. (known as "flat") Certain frequencies are harder on the ears for a lot of people. Those frequencies are all in the "MID" frequency range. Some of us are old enough to remember the graphic equalizers that many had in their cars. Most of the time when you see those equalizers in use, you will see the "Motown curve" or the "disco smile" set up on them where the desirable lows and highs are boosted, while the middle ranges are reduced. I can say that the sound from these drones are ALL in that annoying frequency range. Some more than others. I dont foresee any way to change that frequency output to a more comfortable range because of the size and speed of the props could not ever be small enough or large enough to make a more pleasant note.

Ive had a mavic pro more than a year here in Spain, fly every week, never had any gimbal issues at all, I protect it well flying with a sunshade and in the box

same here, no Gimbal issues, it's a delicate thing it should be Calibrated and handled with care.
People wont tell you about what they did to their Pro before they had Gimbal issues..

Reactions: Advexure
Yes but lawnmowers can’t spy on you in the backyard...lurking...hiding...waiting...secretly recording your daughter in a bathing suit...
Ya right ...
Only way you're spying on someone with a drone is with a 30:1 zoom lens or sometbing way more powerfulll than that comes on a consumer drone, otherwise they will know their being filmed..
I've been accused from a police officer who said I was spying on his wife in a bathing suit..
Not sure that's possible at full throttle at over 100 ft.

People that havent used a drone can only guess what you are seeing. If they see one hovering over them, they will automatically assume the worst. As a drone operator you need to keep in mind that people dont know what you know about video quality at range or what you are actually doing. you may not even be recording or taking photos. BUT they wont think that. To avoid conflict, DONT FLY OVER PEOPLE if you dont want to explain and defend yourself, or meet with hostile observers.
People freak out if a full size helicopter hovers over their house at 1000ft. for more than a second or two, or if a police car is parked in front of their house for any length of time.
Just try to put yourself in their shoes, without your knowledge of how drones work and what they are capable of.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
That's what I was wondering if there were quieter blades for the Air?

Definitely surprised DJI didn't go with the "Low-Noise" prop design on the Air...maybe we'll see prop upgrades available similar to what DJI did when they brought out the Low-Noise props for the Pro.

I think it’s all relative. I’ve found the Mavic Air is quieter than my Solo and Phantom 2+.

Reactions: Advexure
My apologies for the thread necromancy but it seemed like the best place for the question: what are your favourite low noise blades or propellers for the MA?

The Air is my first GPS-enabled aircraft. I have 5 planes and quite a few brushless racing quads I've built or bought over the years. The MA is rightly slower than all of them and lighter than several, yet it's the loudest of all. I fly stuff on my property here a lot and the Air is the first craft to bring my wife outside to see what I was up to. She usually has as much interest in RC as a horse has in watching the stock market.

So, your opinions here would be very welcome indeed. Quiet props to suit this otherwise fantastic little flying camera, please. Thank you! 20190301_174613.jpeg

Definitely surprised DJI didn't go with the "Low-Noise" prop design on the Air...maybe we'll see prop upgrades available similar to what DJI did when they brought out the Low-Noise props for the Pro.

Drone is to small to use low noise props, very loud drone, props have to spin twice as fast because motors are so small

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60