DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

avitollo

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have beenviewing the forums for a bit but finally registered today.

I recently visited Maui, specifically Hana and the southern portion of the island and was able to capture some beautiful footage that lead me to create my first movie, hope you all enjoy it.

Great shots! Liked everything except the one at 3:04 which looked out of focus.

Reactions: avitollo
Great shots! Liked everything except the one at 3:04 which looked out of focus.
I know was so sad that it didn't turn out, I learned a few things about white balance, auto focus and exposure for sure. Need to remember to not always rely on the auto-focus.

Such a beautiful location. Did the road to Hana in a rental min van last time I was on Maui. They tell you not to go off road at all when they rent you the vehicle , but with that road there are a few "bumpy" spots.

Riding Harley's was much more fun!

Next time I go it will be for 2 weeks as at the 1 week mark I was just starting to really feel the Aloha spirit.

Reactions: avitollo
At 4:10 I thought you were going to go for the fly through :)

Last edited:
The more I thought about that scene where I thought you'd fly through the gap at 4:10 the more I thought it looked familiar. So I went through my pictures from our 2013 trip to Maui and found this.

i-j8KpKMr-M.jpg

Reactions: avitollo and BD0G
The more I thought about that scene where I thought you'd fly through the gap at 4:10 the more I thought it looked familiar. So I went through my pictures from our 2013 trip to Maui and found this.

i-j8KpKMr-M.jpg

That's awesome! I was certainly thinking about it, the combination of salt water, being short on time and being a fairly recent owner told me otherwise ;)

Nice, what did you use to edit with?

I used PowerDirector 16, I had trialed and demoed many of the different video editing tools but CyberLink was the most stable on my PC, had features close to the the two major professional tools, supported 4K, and was a good value.

That's awesome! I was certainly thinking about it, the combination of salt water, being short on time and being a fairly recent owner told me otherwise ;)

I'm with you!! I wouldn't've done it either. Seems like a large portion of fly away and crash posts include "so I flew through it". We'll leave that to the racer/fpv guys.

Looking up that picture reminded me that we seem to go to Hawaii every 5 years and our last tripp was in 2013. Guess it's time to start planning a trip.

Randy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada