DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

timesnaps

Reactions
As I be heading to Beijing soon (where I be for the foreseeable future) I thought I give it a headstart and see if there are any Beijing or China based pilots out there, that like to share ideas, thoughts and information for flying and aerial photography in China.

Happy to meetup too of course.

I was in Beijing for 3 days last week and was hoping to fly. I tried three times without success on the Great Wall. NFZ every times. This was post the .600 firmware update. I was on a remote part of the wall with no one else around. My guide told me a week before that he had someone there flying without any problem. I did not attempt to fly in the city, police and army and camera are everywhere watching.

I was in Beijing for 3 days last week and was hoping to fly. I tried three times without success on the Great Wall. NFZ every times....

Hi Mark, nice to hear the Chinese authorities are in total overdrive when it comes to enforcing ridiculous rules again. From what I know, during the recent NPC (National 'Puppet' Congress) they expanded the 30km no NFZ to 200km, to 'ensure the safety' of all participants. (Yes, thats not a typo, two hundred! People in Tianjin couldnt even take off with their drones!) There you have it, unlucky timing for you.

Thats also the reason I am staying with the 400 firmware for now, in the vain hope that I can still fly at least on the outskirts of BJ.

Reactions: MarkoneNZ
Hi Mark, nice to hear the Chinese authorities are in total overdrive when it comes to enforcing ridiculous rules again. From what I know, during the recent NPC (National 'Puppet' Congress) they expanded the 30km no NFZ to 200km, to 'ensure the safety' of all participants. (Yes, thats not a typo, two hundred! People in Tianjin couldnt even take off with their drones!) There you have it, unlucky timing for you.

Thats also the reason I am staying with the 400 firmware for now, in the vain hope that I can still fly at least on the outskirts of BJ.
I live in the CBD in Beijing. Just purchased a Mavic Mini and of course want to fly indoors as I have a large apartment. Is there any way around the NFZ setting?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada