Mavic Platinum registration

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Platinum' started by gdlmus, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gdlmus

gdlmus Well-Known Member

Hi everyone and body,

You all know now, happy owner of the Mavic Platinum that you need to registrer your beast with DJI.
    Well there are a couple of questions around that... Responses not found...
    We all know that it is no longer mandatory to register with the FAA. But:

- What is the real use for DJI to know that serial # xyz belongs to Alfred Htichcok?
    - I read somewhere, that DJI was recording the positions/altitudes of all your flights. Should that be correct.? For myself drone flying is a leasure, I refuse to be spied one more time for one more activity.

There is also a question of country in which you register your bird. For my exemple, I just received it in the US (FL), would like to fly it around the FL Keys. Ok I register in the US, yes but, In a few weeks I return to my home in EU, France. Do I have to register it again.

DJI, has NOT even mentionned ANYWHERE before customer ordering that a registraion of the craft would be necessary to get it in the air. Is'nt there a legal aspect.?

But my main real concern is why and what for a registration to unlock the fly capabilities of the Mavic Platinum.

By the way I understand that this is valid for all DJI products from now on.

Blue skies and happy landings.

-= Guy =-

Partizans likes this.
  2. Bunny Too

Bunny Too Moderator
    Staff Member

Howdy from Wyoming gdlmus, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

3. gdlmus

gdlmus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome.

-= Guy =-

4. BigAl07

BigAl07 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and the hobby.

Aircraft Registration with the FAA might be coming back sooner than later (most of us figured it would come back). Read THIS article to learn more.

Manufacturer registration... I don't know about legal but many companies make you REGISTER in order to unlock advanced features etc.

5. lisadoc

lisadoc Well-Known Member

You can always "register" your craft with DJI anonymously, if you don't want them tracking you. Here's how:

Anonymous DJI Registration

Partizans and BigAl07 like this.