DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 vs 2 - "Lost" features?

Terr

Did you look at the list at the beginning of this post? If not go to page or of the post and you’ll see the list of features that we all expected for what’s we payed!

We all just assumed that the v2 would keep a lot of features that all the previous models, including budget drones had.

Maybe the thread is better called "What the Mavic 1, air and spark can do that the 2 pro cant"?

Terr

Did you look at the list at the beginning of this post? If not go to page or of the post and you’ll see the list of features that we all expected for what’s we payed!

Different question. I'm addressing whether DJI advertised features or modes that are not included, not whether there are features or modes that someone may have assumed would be included but were not.

We all just assumed that the v2 would keep a lot of features that all the previous models, including budget drones had.

Maybe the thread is better called "What the Mavic 1, air and spark can do that the 2 pro cant"?

No - calling them missing is fine. Arguing that DJI left out things that they advertised as included requires some supporting evidence.

Intelligent modes are clearly listed in the manual status but nowhere else. They're not going to list status codes for things that don't exist or at least, were supposed to exit.

Precision landing is mainly a users fault. Everyone just assumed because all the previous generation of drones had it they wouldnt take a big backward step from their consumer "flagship" and ditch it. DJI never hinted it was there. Flight modes there are clues they were planned and removed before release from documentation.

It looks like they were rushed out a few months too soon for them to finish writing the software.

My approach before I ordered the M2P was to check the specs and then read the manual. As far as I can tell, that accurately gave me all the information I needed to know which functions were included, and which were not.

Reactions: Dragonfly
In my view this whole release was not handled very well and the bottom line (no matter who it is) it’s all about the money ....

I’m ending it hear because this has become a war of words of who’s right and who’s wrong.

I’m not feeling the love nor the support.

In my view this whole release was not handled very well and the bottom line (no matter who it is) it’s all about the money ....

I’m ending it hear because this has become a war of words of who’s right and who’s wrong.

I’m not feeling the love nor the support.

Then you are taking it the wrong way. All I have done is point out inaccurate statements.

A lot of this wont affect me as 90%+ of the time i do still photos anyway so my reason for buying was purely to allow me to get acceptable photos (instead of the crap from the MP1).
I WILL miss precision landing because it leaves me without a last resort safety net which means i'll either have to accept more chance of a drone breaking in the event of a fault or not fly in some places as they arent "clean" enough.

Course lock i will miss - to be able to fly in a straight line at a user controlled speed and angle the drone whichever way is needed i found extremely useful for things like bridges, coastlines and other type fly throughs.
Other features like Active Track i never used. I tested it a few times along with fixed with and that was it.

Reactions: Supercaliber
You can look left and right with the tumble which they really didn’t talk about. Hold your finger on screen when flying. Amazing. Good luck.

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean, tumble?

A lot of this wont affect me as 90%+ of the time i do still photos anyway so my reason for buying was purely to allow me to get acceptable photos (instead of the crap from the MP1).
I WILL miss precision landing because it leaves me without a last resort safety net which means i'll either have to accept more chance of a drone breaking in the event of a fault or not fly in some places as they arent "clean" enough.

Course lock i will miss - to be able to fly in a straight line at a user controlled speed and angle the drone whichever way is needed i found extremely useful for things like bridges, coastlines and other type fly throughs.
Other features like Active Track i never used. I tested it a few times along with fixed with and that was it.

I would be very surprised if Precision Landing were not included in an update. Your course lock example can probably be done in Hyperlapse:Free.

I'll miss precision landing if it's not there but it seems it may have been removed for my MPP with a recent update anyway. Since I'm often filming construction sites I'll frequently take off from a spot a bit away from the site and then walk to the site to get shots and then go back to the landing spot.

With precision landing I could hit RTH and have high confidence that it'd land itself safely before I got back (though I always aimed the camera down and kept an eye on it just in case). Recently it began descending in to nearby obstacles, usually trees, rather than to the landing spot. I was watching so could always ascend and kill RTH until I got there to land manually but that's still a bit of a pain compared to when it was consistently successfully landing itself. This especially if it's getting towards a low battery causing me and my sore knees to run to land it before the battery gets too low. It seemingly went from hitting my 30" contrasting color landing pad consistently to descending anywhere within 15-30' of the pad.

Hopefully with the M2P this is simply an issue of new sensors and needing to write new software so it will come along shortly.

Don't know if his list is 100% accurate, but if even partially accurate it is troubling...

I quit kind of quit paying at the gesture complaint. Just because a previous model had a feature does not mean that the new improved model will.

Correct, but it would be nice if the features were incorporated or improved. I have several professional cameras. As new models come out, as a general rule, features get improved, not deleted.

A lot of these features were somewhat experimental, and perhaps even gimmicky. It's not surprising that some get dropped.

I would be very surprised if Precision Landing were not included in an update. Your course lock example can probably be done in Hyperlapse:Free.

Surely that automatically starts an interval photo (and stitching afterwards) as opposed to letting you film a video?

Surely gestures were mainly only useful on the toy drones and more useful for people flying without an RC (which you cant now do). Dont see any purpose for those in a proper camera drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d