DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 vs 2 - "Lost" features?

As with the original MP, there is no technical reason for them not to enable it, and both the Mavic and the Mavic 2 fly just fine in ATTI mode if you enable the mode switch. However, the fact that the firmware never included the option by default on the Mavic doesn't seem very encouraging for the Mavic 2.
'Enable the mode switch' - please explain? I thought there was no way to fly ATTI mode on the Mavic ?

They removed all those features so they have somewhere to go when giving you updates. So for the next 6 months to a year you're going to slowly release those features and it will look like they're giving you something new.
I think they didn't have anything new to add so imagine getting updates for year and not adding anything new people would complain so they took out features that the original Maverick had to add them later and you look like you're getting good updates

They removed all those features so they have somewhere to go when giving you updates. So for the next 6 months to a year you're going to slowly release those features and it will look like they're giving you something new.
I think they didn't have anything new to add so imagine getting updates for year and not adding anything new people would complain so they took out features that the original Maverick had to add them later and you look like you're getting good updates
That’s an interesting concept! As long as they promise that they will be adding all of the missing features that are included with the Mavic Pro and not in the Mavic 2 series, I’m OK with that. What I’m not OK with is that they should have been upfront from the start and let us know that these features are not going to be there on the first version of the firmware, but will be on future version. As the old saying goes, honesty goes a long way. If they would have told this from the start we would not be having this conversation and making better use of our time by enjoying this new fantastic quad.

Reactions: Greg Smithski
That’s an interesting concept! As long as they promise that they will be adding all of the missing features that are included with the Mavic Pro and not in the Mavic 2 series, I’m OK with that. What I’m not OK with is that they should have been upfront from the start and let us know that these features are not going to be there on the first version of the firmware, but will be on future version. As the old saying goes, honesty goes a long way. If they would have told this from the start we would not be having this conversation and making better use of our time by enjoying this new fantastic quad.

Is there anything missing that is not noted in the manual?

Here is a snap shot of the intelligence flight modes from the manual.

I did notice though that the manual does state that There’s going to be a new version 2 of Waypoints and in bracket it states that it is coming soon; that’s very good news, but why did they not mention this? It would have saved us a lot of grief!

Attachments

• ABADB2E7-A18C-44EE-A4CC-ED1776A7C43F.png
    ABADB2E7-A18C-44EE-A4CC-ED1776A7C43F.png
    812.9 KB · Views: 42
Yes, lots....
Have a look at the manual and you’ll see listed all of intelligence flight modes that are noted as being missing at the beginning of this thread.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180827/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom User Manual_v1.0.pdf#page23

The manual lists Hyperlapse, Quickshots, ActiveTrack, POI, TapFly and Cinematic. I haven't tested them all, but they all appear to be available on the aircraft. WayPoints is listed as "coming soon", and is not yet working. What am I missing?

Here is a snap shot of the intelligence flight modes from the manual.

I did notice though that the manual does state that There’s going to be a new version 2 of Waypoints and in bracket it states that it is coming soon; that’s very good news, but why did they not mention this? It would have saved us a lot of grief!

Pages 23 – 32 of the manual describe the modes. What you posted is a description of status indicators, which should be consistent but clearly isn't – probably copied from previous versions.

Course lock and a few other flight modes are listed in the manual and not present.

(And other "Coming Soon" ones which looks really unprofessional in a manual!)

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Course lock and a few other flight modes are listed in the manual and not present.

(And other "Coming Soon" ones which looks really unprofessional in a manual!)

No - course lock is listed as part of Hyperlapse, and is available in that mode.

Thinking more of page 67 where it lists the RC display for which intelligent flight mode. Course lock, home lock is there.

Am i the only thing that finds a product manual containing "Coming Soon" really amateur for a product release!?

Thinking more of page 67 where it lists the RC display for which intelligent flight mode. Course lock, home lock is there.

Am i the only thing that finds a product manual containing "Coming Soon" really amateur for a product release!?

Sure - if you want to ignore the detailed section that describes the modes and when they are available and just look at the table in the appendix that describes the status indicators, then that could be confusing.

Status indicators for things that don't exist.
All hints things were meant to be in there and got dropped Along with "coming soon" it hints of a release pushed out way before things were ready.

Course lock in particular was very well used by a lot of people.

Status indicators for things that don't exist.
All hints things were meant to be in there and got dropped Along with "coming soon" it hints of a release pushed out way before things were ready.

Course lock in particular was very well used by a lot of people.

Course lock does exist - as part of Hyperlapse. Anyway, this is just silly. You cannot really be saying that you assess the capabilities of a device by looking in the manual appendices to see what status indicators it lists.

The usefulness of course lock is a different issue - I agree that it has been a good feature, although it's arguably less useful with more advanced options to achieve the same thing. Home lock was more valuable, IMO.

The bottom line is that we should not be arguing amongst each other. DJI should have released the product with all this information as part of their release. They had lots of time during their session to do this.

This whole thing should not be or become a war amongst each other’s. It’s not making this hobby enjoyable any longer.

As consumers/hobbyists and customers who pay a lot of money for these products we should be supporting each other and be sensitive to everyone’s different needs. By arguing amongst each other is not helping our case against DJI.

Reactions: tiparoch
The bottom line is that we should not be arguing amongst each other. DJI should have released the product with all this information as part of their release. They had lots of time during their session to do this.

This whole thing should not be or become a war amongst each other’s. It’s not making this hobby enjoyable any longer.

As consumers/hobbyists and customers who pay a lot of money for these products we should be supporting each other and be sensitive to everyone’s different needs. By arguing amongst each other is not helping our case against DJI.

Agreed - but hence my question - what information did they leave out? So far I haven't seen an example of anything described in the manual that is not available.

Terr
Agreed - but hence my question - what information did they leave out? So far I haven't seen an example of anything described in the manual that is not available.
Did you look at the list at the beginning of this post? If not go to page or of the post and you’ll see the list of features that we all expected for what’s we payed!

Intelligent modes are clearly listed in the manual status but nowhere else. They're not going to list status codes for things that don't exist or at least, were supposed to exit.

Precision landing is mainly a users fault. Everyone just assumed because all the previous generation of drones had it they wouldnt take a big backward step from their consumer "flagship" and ditch it. DJI never hinted it was there. Flight modes there are clues they were planned and removed before release from documentation.

It looks like they were rushed out a few months too soon for them to finish writing the software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329