DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 crash, need help to know the cause :(

ayichy

Reactions
Hi, newbie here, my drone crash mid-flight with 50+% battery. The area was clear, no obstruction to struck. The drone suddenly drop during flight.
I ask DJI support but their reply is "We have checked the information you provided that we are sincerely sorry that the free service period of your aircraft expired and there is no free data analysis service provided."
I need assistance to recover the footage of crash and know the reason. The problem is I didn't connect that time to mobile dji app since there is a low GPS signal. I cannot also open the drone through PC since my only battery was damaged by the crash. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

IV. Accident Details
1. DJI GO/DJI GO 4 APP Account: ayi
2. Accident Date and Time: February 8, 2020 around noontime
3. Accident Location: Mt. Ulap, Itogon, Benguet
4. Accident Description: Drone suddenly drop during flight with 50+% battery (around 6 meters above pavement)

Thank you, but upon checking data from my mobile (DJI » dji.go.v5 » FlightRecord), there was no data available on the date of the crash. my latest file is modified on January 26, 2020

If you didn’t connect to the DJI Go 4 app, there won’t be any flight logs and no analysis of what happened. I don’t think there’s much to go on. Only guess if you didn’t latch the battery properly and it fell out.
Probably not a good idea to fly without mobile in the first place.
Out of warranty period? How long have you had the drone?

Reactions: ayichy
I just a thought , you didn't execute the emergency power down the controller, by pushing the 2 sticks , diagonally down together . by accident

Thank you, but upon checking data from my mobile (DJI » dji.go.v5 » FlightRecord), there was no data available on the date of the crash. my latest file is modified on January 26, 2020

That's the DJI Fly app directory structure. Can you confirm that you were actually looking in DJI » dji.go.v4 » FlightRecord?

yes, its more than a year. I purchased the drone last January 2019 :(
During the crash i'm on the mountains and due to lack of GPS I operated it on manual mode. I always do this when I'm on remote areas since i'am always hiking and trekking with my drone. Is it possible that the battery was separated during flight? It's the first time i experience this and is this a factory defect??

I just a thought , you didn't execute the emergency power down the controller, by pushing the 2 sticks , diagonally down together . by accident

Is it possible to emergency power off the mavic 2 during flight or in mid-air because it is dangerous if your maneuvering the drone and accidentally push diagonally down the 2 sticks? I thought that just pressing down hard the remote will turn off the drone so it can land before turning off? The last thing i remember is pulling backwards the drone to my position to retrieve it then it suddenly drop during mid-air

That's the DJI Fly app directory structure. Can you confirm that you were actually looking in DJI » dji.go.v4 » FlightRecord?

hi sir, this is the screenshot of my .txt and .dat files on DJI Flight Record directory on my mobile. The latest file was dated January 26. I'am worried if i can still recover the cahce video or any analytics data during the flight. Is there any other way to retrieve the last data of the crash. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-27-09-18-36-463_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-27-09-18-36-463_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2020-02-27-09-18-50-971_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-27-09-18-50-971_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 17
hi sir, this is the screenshot of my .txt and .dat files on DJI Flight Record directory on my mobile. The latest file was dated January 26. I'am worried if i can still recover the cahce video or any analytics data during the flight. Is there any other way to retrieve the last data of the crash. Thank you

That's not promising - the GO 4 app appears to have stopped saving log files. I had that happen on an Android device and cured the problem by deleting and reinstalling the app. That doesn't help with the missing flights though.

That's not promising - the GO 4 app appears to have stopped saving log files. I had that happen on an Android device and cured the problem by deleting and reinstalling the app. That doesn't help with the missing flights though.
aw that was a bad news. Can i retrieve the crash data through the drone connecting to PC and opening the DJI app on desktop?

He said he wasn't connected to the app while flying, would it still save log files? Can he get them off the drone itself?

He said he wasn't connected to the app while flying, would it still save log files? Can he get them off the drone itself?
Yeah, he probably can but ...

LOG FILE TYPES

Mobile device DJI TXT logs (Not available apparently in this event)
Mobile device DAT logs (Not available apparently in this event)

Aircraft DAT logs

Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2 and Mavic Mini) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI.

Right - I misunderstood that statement. If the mobile device wasn't connected and the app running then no, there won't be any logs.
aw that was a bad news. Can i retrieve the crash data through the drone connecting to PC and opening the DJI app on desktop?
You could retrieve the aircraft DAT log if you were able to power it up but, as noted above, the Mavic 2 aircraft DAT files are only readable by DJI.

Thank you all for the replies, unfortunately DJI support team told me that the the free service period of my aircraft has expired and there is no free data analysis service provided. So it means there is no available way to retrieve the crash logs. :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh