DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Dropped out of sky!

The stick inputs and aircraft attitude are shown in the graph I posted in #47:

View attachment 50497

The resulting velocity can be visualized either in terms of north and east, or forwards and sideways (relative to the aircraft):

View attachment 50506

Does that answer your question?
I will have to do a lot more studying of the graphs to get a feeling for the attitude at, say, 367.5. I tend to understand better by visualizing in FPV as if I was riding on the back of the drone.
I'm sure your graphs illustrate it correctly, but I am left handed. That's the only excuse I can come up with for my not easily understanding graphs.
I guess I will have to put my drone up high and put the sticks in the positions shown on the map to see what the attitude would look like. Thanks for your time. BTW, for what it's worth, you are one of the few on here that I completely trust to give A1 info every time you post.

I will have to do a lot more studying of the graphs to get a feeling for the attitude at, say, 367.5. I tend to understand better by visualizing in FPV as if I was riding on the back of the drone.
I'm sure your graphs illustrate it correctly, but I am left handed. That's the only excuse I can come up with for my not easily understanding graphs.
I guess I will have to put my drone up high and put the sticks in the positions shown on the map to see what the attitude would look like. Thanks for your time. BTW, for what it's worth, you are one of the few on here that I completely trust to give A1 info every time you post.

It was rolled left around 25° under full left aileron, and rotating right (CW).

HI guys,

Ok - I sent my drone of to DJI claiming a warranty fault....

I had to wait an agonising week for them to get back to me. (not knowing wether or not the 'fall from the sky' was going to be blamed on me or a fault with the drone).

Anyway - They've got back to me and thank god theyve agreed without argument the Mavic was faulty... Ive uploaded their report.

Attachments

• No Reply DJI Quotation Notice CAS2320926N3B7S1 CRM0001005106415.pdf
    100.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
HI guys,

Ok - I sent my drone of to DJI claiming a warranty fault....

I had to wait an agonising week for them to get back to me. (not knowing wether or not the 'fall from the sky' was going to be blamed on or a fault with the drone).

Anyway - They've got back to and it Ive uploaded their report.

Excellent. I suspect that the aircraft DAT file showed sudden failure of the kind we've seen before. That's the right response from them in that case.

Reactions: P1XL and Adaml
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11