DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Dropped out of sky!

There have been plenty of incidents with no definite answer - either battery disconnects or FC crashes. With previous models the battery disconnects seemed more common, and could be positively identified if the aircraft DAT file was available. But we can't read the M2 DATs and, in addition, there have been several apparent M2 cases of the FC just stopping, so it's going to be one of those but hard to say which.

Sounds like it may be time for a velcro strap around the body and battery. Why would DJI disconute allowing DAT files to be read?

I’ll have to try it on mine hovering over pillows, I was curious due to the stick position comment.

In mode 2 the CSC is:

Elevator: -10000
Aileron: -10000
Throttle: -10000
Rudder: 10000

or:

Elevator: -10000
Aileron: 10000
Throttle: -10000
Rudder: -10000

That's left stick down and right, right stick down and left (in any mode).

screenshot73.png

It will move the aircraft before it kicks in - the only safe way to try it is props off on the ground.

Reactions: AMann and timinator
No the battery had come out, one of the props has broken off... They were all screwed in correctly
I had a similar crash BECAUSE a prop broke off. It crashed in the woods. I found it three months later. If you were using the DJI Go 4 app there's a good chance it will be covered under warranty.

This happens every time whenever DJI releases a new drone. It also happens sometimes when they release a new firmware version.

You're essentially paying DJI for the esteemed privilege of beta testing their drones for them. When it falls out of the sky, they will say it's your fault. If enough people complain, then they will repair/replace at their expense, but for the ones in the very beginning, if enough has time has passed, they will say "sorry warranty period over."

This happens every time whenever DJI releases a new drone. It also happens sometimes when they release a new firmware version.

You're essentially paying DJI for the esteemed privilege of beta testing their drones for them. When it falls out of the sky, they will say it's your fault. If enough people complain, then they will repair/replace at their expense, but for the ones in the very beginning, if enough has time has passed, they will say "sorry warranty period over."

Almost nothing in that post is correct.

I have a similar experience where my Mavic pro dropped into the sea suddenly right in front of me. It just flipped and fell suddenly 1 Min after take-off.

I have the video on my iPhone but I can’t upload here.

seems like it's always DJI fault when a drone crashes,then when flight logs get posted,oh my-pilot error

Somehow I feel that it’s Obama’s fault. Sorry op. Where did u buy it? Are you still in the return window?

The flight showed nothing abnormal, so DJI probably will tell you the same. Luckily you still have your drone if you purchase the care plus.

The flight showed nothing abnormal, so DJI probably will tell you the same. Luckily you still have your drone if you purchase the care plus.

DJI will be able to read the aircraft DAT files, and I would expect this to be a warranty replacement.

This happened to my craft at the beginning of the month. DJI are currently looking at it. I was changing modes from POI back to normal flight mode when all four motors just stopped. Fortunately I was on at 17m height and it plummeted into long grass. I flew it again immediately at low altitude (8m) and it responded as it should. However, it could have been catastrophic in a different environment and height. I sent it in for analysis as I lost complete confidence in it after this inexplicable malfunction. Will post outcome once DJI have assessed.

But THE WORST of all is that “motor kill maneuver”.
Mostly done by mistake.........

I’m guessing the CSM would be visible in the post #47, if that were the case .
Okay, I see that has been addressed already.
Good luck on the warranty.

Last edited:
The spring force of the latch detents in the M2P is definitely much softer than it is for the Mavic Pro Platinum. Having had to apply a pretty significant force to snap the battery into place on my MPP, it's been somewhat disconcerting how soft the snaps are on the M2P.

Could that, in addition to slight manufacturing inconsistencies lead to some of the inertial forces from control input contribute to a battery popping out?

Reading this stuff gives me panic attacks. There are times when it's almost unavoidable to fly over people or roads etc. Should our drone 'fall out of the sky' at a time like that (unlucky I know but it potentially could happen) and hit a person and severely injure them, or worse kill them, we would be in major do do. Or should it fall out of the sky and hit a car causing a serious accident... same result. So, my question is, what are the chances of a catastrophic failure whilst flying? Does it happen very often or am I concerned about an improbable and exceptional circumstance?

Please put my mind at ease :)

This is why drone flight needs to be regulated and performed by professionals, if your flying I. Those situations.

In Denmark (and soon all of EU), there are a very specific set of rules, if you want to fly close to or inside an urban area, or close to or above people.

You need to be certified, to have both yourself, your drone and your gear marked and logged, to create safe landing zones and get consent from anyone you fly over, and inform police of your flight 24 hours prior to a flight inzø said areas.

I see so many videos of peoole flying their drones as if it was a toy. It will only be a matter of time before they kill someone.

Interesting answer, this is probably a stupid question but what kind of manoeuvres could an operator make that would result in the drone 'falling out of the sky'?
Stopping the motors....

Looks like a simple matter of total power loss. Damage looks consistent with a fall from a fall straight down. The only question seems to be the battery security at the time. If the OP says he double checked this, then it looks like an outright failure. Hopefully DJI will play nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada