DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Dropped out of sky!

This is why drone flight needs to be regulated and performed by professionals, if your flying I. Those situations.

In Denmark (and soon all of EU), there are a very specific set of rules, if you want to fly close to or inside an urban area, or close to or above people.

You need to be certified, to have both yourself, your drone and your gear marked and logged, to create safe landing zones and get consent from anyone you fly over, and inform police of your flight 24 hours prior to a flight inzø said areas.

I see so many videos of peoole flying their drones as if it was a toy. It will only be a matter of time before they kill someone.
It's a bit ridiculos to think when law is harder people might avoid situations where they could endanger others. When cocaine and morphine were freely availible the crimes provoked by the urge to get those drugs were lower than today, when the possession is forbidden. What counts is always the smell of the forbidden. Think at your youth time, when the cherrys in neighbors garden were sweeter than those in your own garden.
I wonder all the time how people could easily think that restrictions make better people out of you. In my opinion those restrictions bring less responsability for most. E.g. when I was young, I could do camping in the parks of cities. It was fine, you left always proper cleaned places and nobody was upset. Try it today, 60 years after: No chance, police comes very fast today... but look at the parks, very often dirty, papers all araund, the leftovers drom the picnics around ...
What I want to say: Don't regulate till the overregulation. It's enough. And yes, life itself is a risk which will always end with death.
Here are as far too much members with the all time elevated index to show us moral. I don't want to read moralities, I want to read news about flying with a drone. basta!

Last edited:
It's a bit ridiculos to think when law is harder people might avoid situations where they could endanger others. When cocaine and morphine were freely availible the crimes provoked by the urge to get those drugs were lower than today, when the possession is forbidden. What counts is always the smell of the forbidden. Think at your youth time, when the cherrys in neighbors garden were sweeter than those in your own garden.
I wonder all the time how people could easily think that restrictions make better people out of you. In my opinion those restrictions bring less responsability for most. E.g. when I was young, I could do camping in the parks of cities. It was fine, you left always proper cleaned places and nobody was upset. Try it today, 60 years after: No chance, police comes very fast today... but look at the parks, very often dirty, papers all araund, the leftovers drom the picnics around ...
What I want to say: Don't regulate till the overregulation. It's enough. And yes, life itself is a risk which will always end with death.
Here are as far too much members with the all time elevated index to show us moral. I don't want to read moralities, I want to read news about flying with a drone. basta!

Drones are not toys - that's my only point. I'm not saying that regulations will remove the risk of a drone crashing into someone or something completely, but it will most certainly reduce the odds of it happening.

I don't for one second believe that your examples can be transferred to the drone market. Fact of the matter is that right now people are buying drones because they are fun, and fly them where they want and how they want to, without any consideration to the airspace they navigate in or the people below them. Without a regulated drone market, this tendency will continue and we will se a lot more crashes than what we already have seen.

If you want to buy a drone to play with - fine. Do it indoors or far away from people, animals or buildings. If you have want to fly around people, you should be certified and know what your doing - just as when you're driving a car.

I don't remember seeing anywhere that being certified allows you to fly over people

A drone we use is a toy, nothing else. And laws are necessary to give the line, but they are not necessary to fence us in. U think my examples are bad? You will see as long as drones are sold **** will happen. When they will be forbidden -may be- there still will exist a lot.
You think that regulation will even augment the security - just have a look to amerika, where the purchasing of a weapon is depending of between others a request of mental health. U make me laugh ...

A drone we use is a toy, nothing else. And laws are necessary to give the line, but they are not necessary to fence us in. U think my examples are bad? You will see as long as drones are sold **** will happen. When they will be forbidden -may be- there still will exist a lot.
You think that regulation will even augment the security - just have a look to amerika, where the purchasing of a weapon is depending of between others a request of mental health. U make me laugh ...

I'm not talking about forbidding drones, i'm talking about regulating who can fly them and where - and enforce that regulation. Other than that i'm not really too sure what your point is, and yes, i think your examples are bad - and the gun example is the worst one yet.

I don't remember seeing anywhere that being certified allows you to fly over people

In Denmark (soon EU), being certified does not mean that you can fly over people per default, but you need to be certified to even have that option.

Reactions: Prado man
My point is quite simple: You don't need rules or certifications for things a normal mental healthy beeing can normally overview. You need some guidelines, that is all. A drivers licence, a flyers licence, a gun licence will nothing tell us about the owner beside he visited the lessons, made a practical examination, gave more money to the government to pay all those who invent some more regulations to get more money by the licences.
It will NOT avoid any of those fails!
And, since today, I am really for the obligation to relicence all those certifications at least once a year, better two times a year. Same rules before the flight as demanded from regular pilots: Minimum 24 hrs no alcohol before flight, having to provide evidence of an undisturbed sleep of minimum 8 hrs the night before flight, random samples for drugs at least 3 times half a year and so on and so on.
(Is there any radio station or newspaper in Danemark? (not the fake news!) than you should know how often rules are broken by real pilots...)

Last edited:
which part?
I agree, it's a bit exaggerated to have an undisturbed sleep of 8 hrs before you fly. This point has to be corrected for the health of stewardess...

My point is quite simple: You don't need rules or certifications for things a normal mental healthy beeing can normally overview. You need some guidelines, that is all. A drivers licence, a flyers licence, a gun licence will nothing tell us about the owner beside he visited the lessons, made a practical examination, gave more money to the government to pay all those who invent some more regulations to get more money by the licences.
It will NOT avoid any of those fails!
And, since today, I am really for the obligation to relicence all those certifications at least once a year, better two times a year. Same rules before the flight as demanded from regular pilots: Minimum 24 hrs no alcohol before flight, having to provide evidence of an undisturbed sleep of minimum 8 hrs the night before flight, random samples for drugs at least 3 times half a year and so on and so on.

Of course a drivers license is necessary and there's plenty of statistics showing that having a well-implemented system for teaching and regulating driving in your country has a direct impact on overall traffic safety. You can't expect the general public to understand the technicalities and risks involved with drone-flight, because it's a quite complex affair and accidents can easily happen. THAT's why you need regulations, so that you don't have 14-years-old playing around with a 1 kg drone in 2 kilometers height in urban areas. If you don't think that's what's happening right now, just check out Youtube.

which part?
I agree, it's a bit exaggerated to have an undisturbed sleep of 8 hrs before you fly. This point has to be corrected for the health of stewardess...
This thread is about a macic2 losing power and crashing,where does all this other junk relate to that

Yes Sir! You don't need to tell me about regulations. As you are soon coming in the EU you will see how overwhelming regulations can be in every corner of your life.
This thread is about a macic2 losing power and crashing,where does all this other junk relate to that
I did not start the redirection but it is funny... Maybe the MP2 lost power because current went down in consequence not having filled out before flight formular 17003 EAC D3 of the newly adopted Dansk regulation concerning the filling of drone power stores?

I know with the original version pressing both controls sicks in to the inside position resulted in a "kill switch". I had to use this once when I prop flew off during take off and I had a hand on it. I don't recall any return to home protocol, it just shut off completely.

The flight data will reveal the issue when you send it in.

A person asked about flight safety and whether he could be sure if this wouldn't happen to him. That was who i replied to.

I did not start the redirection but it is funny... Maybe the MP2 lost power because current went down in consequence not having filled out before flight formular 17003 EAC D3 of the newly adopted Dansk regulation concerning the filling of drone power stores?

I'm not sure if you are daft or just a troll, but here goes:

I didn't at any point talk about regulations making crashes disappear. Of course we will still have crashes, when dealing with high-tech sensor controlled equipment.

I'm just glad that this guy didn't decide to do this flight in an urban area, where he might have hit and potentially killed someone due to this crash. THIS is where regulations and certification comes into play: To ensure that dronefights happen in safe areas UNLESS it is absolutely necessary to fly in areas where a crash could potentially be a disaster.

And quite frankly, your childish attitude towards this subject is whats going to cause regulations to be way stricter than what's even necessary

Have you rules out CSC cross stick command , that will cause a crash

A person asked about flight safety and whether he could be sure if this wouldn't happen to him. That was who i replied to.

I'm not sure if you are daft or just a troll, but here goes:

I didn't at any point talk about regulations making crashes disappear. Of course we will still have crashes, when dealing with high-tech sensor controlled equipment.

I'm just glad that this guy didn't decide to do this flight in an urban area, where he might have hit and potentially killed someone due to this crash. THIS is where regulations and certification comes into play: To ensure that dronefights happen in safe areas UNLESS it is absolutely necessary to fly in areas where a crash could potentially be a disaster.

And quite frankly, your childish attitude towards this subject is whats going to cause regulations to be way stricter than what's even necessary
Oh what a poor life, never curious, never going to see a little bit farther, trying to find out how or why and that in the age of 35. I am not for flying over crowds, I am not for flying over cities, but I am for to fly as I want where nobody is endangered. I don't understand hight restriction to 150 m oder 500 m when I could go even much higher on places where nobody could be harmed. You will never go higher because you follow the regulations. You can stay in this strict obedience, I can't because I lived the times when all was allowed which was not strictly and dedicated prohibited (a little bit before you was born...:). You will be a good citizien of Danmark und the EU Thumbswayup, I will not :eek:.

You should see those clips on youtube
etc etc, (there are a lot) where you can see yourself what you can miss in strict obedience...
The second clip you can see how a controlled motor kill looks like. It is really saving battery. But going down in normal/sports mode does not consume a lot of power

Last edited:
Oh what a poor life, never curious, never going to see a little bit farther, trying to find out how or why and that in the age of 35. I am not for flying over crowds, I am not for flying over cities, but I am for to fly as I want where nobody is endangered. I don't understand hight restriction to 150 m oder 500 m when I could go even much higher on places where nobody could be harmed. You will never go higher because you follow the regulations. You can stay in this strict obedience, I can't because I lived the times when all was allowed which was not strictly and dedicated prohibited (a little bit before you was born...:). You will be a good citizien of Danmark und the EU Thumbswayup, I will not :eek:.

Maybe you kill someone and maybe you wont. Your attitude and the videos you posted in this thread will most definitely have someone killed at some point. Flying like that is a disgrace to the industry and anyone caught doing that should never be allowed to fly again.

Your childish attitude towards droneflight and "what i will miss out on" could literally be translated to every single regulation and law out there. I am a certified dronepilot and can do plenty with my drone within the legal limits of the law. You don't understand height restrictions because you are not certified - if you were, you would know exactly why height limitations are enforced which underline my point: You, and guys like you, will be the primary reason why drone regulations will become stricter and stricter.

You have an egocentric and childish attitude towards droneflight and your fellow pilot. Not to mention a downright dangerous approach to this business which has a chance to end up getting someone severely hurt or killed.

sar104. Thanks for all the info you put on here. Would you revisit post 31 on this thread showing his stick movement in the last 3-4 seconds of his flight?
I am still curious as to what the attitude of the aircraft would be in with the sticks in that position at 100' AGL at his reported speed, for that length of time.
Would it result in the drone "knifing" in backwards? The artificial horizon just above the stick display would indicate that result? No? Thanks.

sar104. Thanks for all the info you put on here. Would you revisit post 31 on this thread showing his stick movement in the last 3-4 seconds of his flight?
I am still curious as to what the attitude of the aircraft would be in with the sticks in that position at 100' AGL at his reported speed, for that length of time.
Would it result in the drone "knifing" in backwards? The artificial horizon just above the stick display would indicate that result? No? Thanks.

The stick inputs and aircraft attitude are shown in the graph I posted in #47:

Graph1.png

The resulting velocity can be visualized either in terms of north and east, or forwards and sideways (relative to the aircraft):

Graph3.png

Does that answer your question?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21