DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Recovery

Do not attempt to get that yourself, those are high voltage lines and definitely do not use a kite rope you will kill yourself. Call the power company and they may do something. The guy in the pic is wearing a Faraday chainmail suit that shields him from high voltage arc.

Any update on this? I’d ring DJI and say it drifted off on its own. See what they say? Can’t get any worse lol

Well “Mr DJI” (sar104) if your telling me you wouldn’t do the same if it was possible, then your a liar.

Well “Mr DJI” (sar104) if your telling me you wouldn’t do the same if it was possible, then your a liar.
You're claiming that people who don't commit fraud are liars? You are an odd one.

You're claiming that people who don't commit fraud are liars? You are an odd one.

What I’m saying is, if there was a possibility of getting the drone back through DJI then who would not? Apart from Mr DJI up there who stupidly would buy another.

What I’m saying is, if there was a possibility of getting the drone back through DJI then who would not? Apart from Mr DJI up there who stupidly would buy another.
Getting a new one dishonestly? My guess is most of us would not, but most of us aren't thieves.

Reactions: PAW and sar104

Not only willing to commit fraud and declare it on the forum, but thinks everyone else is too. Possibly a troll, possibly just a sociopath. Who knows.

Not only willing to commit fraud and declare it on the forum, but thinks everyone else is too. Possibly a troll, possibly just a sociopath. Who knows.

Ok Mr DJI, that’s enough of you now, I believe my original message was to PaulAudet. Next time I want to waste my time I’ll ask for you [emoji106]

Ok Mr DJI, that’s enough of you now, I believe my original message was to PaulAudet. Next time I want to waste my time I’ll ask for you [emoji106]

No - obviously you mistakenly posted on a public discussion forum. Use the PM function if you want to keep your messages private. That will also help minimize forum pollution with your posts.

Just a thought based on my untested contingency-plan for getting stuck in a tree. A paintball gun. Not sure if the range would be adequate if it really is 200' up but it wouldn't involve a risk of electrocution. The wire behind the camera might keep it from coming loose but there is little risk in trying as I said. A quality paintball gun has a pretty solid punch.

Also, I have a LOT of experience on web forums and this one is one of the nastiest I've seen :) Lots of unhappy people trying to make others equally unhappy. Misery loves company I guess. At least it is somewhat entertaining.

It is still on the power lines, saw it yesterday. Took a few more pictures of it and measured the heighth. The first guestimate of 200 ft. was way off! It is right at 100 ft. up.

Attachments

• 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 69
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 69
It definitely looks like the camera flipped back. People have a hard time flipping it to its proper position with both hands, so I doubt paintball, stick or whatever is going to knock it loose.

Although there are a lot of dishonest people in this world (you're one of them) not everybody is. Do you like being cheated? Then don't cheat others - no matter how you want to try rationalize it.

Believe it or not, there are still people that have personal honor. Sadly, far too few people have it.

I know which column you would be in and, from his constantly helpful posts, I know which column sar104 would be in. You wouldn't be in the same column.

Mark

I too have 35 years in the power industry. I also am very familiar with 230KV just like "BerndM".
This thread is so so funny. I can't believe there is even talk about trying to recover this thing.
Your playing with NERC and FERC. Look that up.

I've learned 2 things reading all of this: 1-I'm obviously a liar saying I would never even consider fraudulently filing a claim with DJI if I did this. 2-It's obvious why so many people get electrocuted each year in this country. Trying to recover a drone from a high voltage transmission line in any possible way (speaking about non-professional attempt) is absurd.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky