Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic pro 2 Tethered Power Options

westozmavicpilot

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a tethered power option to extended flight with my Mavic pro 2, was wondering if anyone here has tested, or has extended use with any option?

Would really appreciate any feedback or information!

crystal-pete

Reaction score
Loc
Brisbane, Australia
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a tethered power option to extended flight with my Mavic pro 2, was wondering if anyone here has tested, or has extended use with any option?

Would really appreciate any feedback or information!
I don't have a solution for you but am curious as to the reason/s why you need to do this.

anzacjack

Reaction score
Loc
Brisbane, Australia
Interesting project. Difficult if you want any decent height. I’m guessing you are planning just a straight up thing. Really doubt this is something a mavic would accomplish, but you could build something to do this. Problem is the loss of efficiency running power through “long” wires.

What’s your plans, or are you just tossing it around in a thought bubble

westozmavicpilot

Reaction score
I supply video for mining operations and for reasons we need an extended power option without bringing the drone down to the ground. The camera will likely be stationary and no more than 40m off the ground so any system that is safe and would be deemed safe by an engineer would be considered

Reactions: TR Ganey

TR Ganey

Reaction score
Loc
Winfield, AL
I supply video for mining operations and for reasons we need an extended power option without bringing the drone down to the ground. The camera will likely be stationary and no more than 40m off the ground so any system that is safe and would be deemed safe by an engineer would be considered
Interesting project. I'll definitely be following your progress. I have a project in mind that could possibly benefit from this.

FoxhallGH

Reaction score
Loc
UK - Suffolk
Lighter than air a possibility?
I'd think that would be an alternative only on a dead-calm day! The tethered drone would position-keep for rock-steady video.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mragonese