DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro-2 vs Zoom and P4P - Line Skipping + Sensor Heat?

Many M1 owners were not expecting to do post and are training to do so with the M2P. We're having this discussion because expectations we're not met for many and the self appointed experts dived in.
Again, DJI made that clear and that’s probably why they released two models. “Pro.” Words mean things.

Then why in a post just yesterday, you are asking others if the 4K is an improvement over the M1? You can’t make the justification yourself? The capability and the adjustable aperature make the camera better than the M1. The M2P is capable in low light, the M1 isn’t. If that doesn’t justify it for you then this is a mute discussion.

You bashed the M1P when that came out and now you’re bashing the M2P.

I just made the justification, see screeshot, the M2 is ****

I just made the justification, see screeshot, the M2 is ****
Ok, that’s your opinion. Then why are you on a Mavic 2 Pro forum section just bashing it. Return it or sell it and move along. Keeping it is just letting DJI win with your money and energy you keep putting into it.

Many M1 owners were not expecting to do post and are training to do so with the M2P. We're having this discussion because expectations we're not met for many and the self appointed experts dived in.

God, you're awesome! I'm literally learning editing right now! I don't TOTALLY agree since there's no one stopping anyone from shooting in normal and getting on with it. You could "edit" on your phone and post to YouTube. Done.

Ok, that’s your opinion. Then why are you on a Mavic 2 Pro forum section just bashing it. Return it or sell it and move along. Keeping it is just letting DJI win with your money and energy you keep putting into it.

I cant return it thats the problem. I lost money because DJI cheated their customers. They sold a version 2 of a product that is worst than version 1

I own a P3 Pro and Mavic Pro neither requiring post like the M2P.
I’m not saying your wrong. I’m saying they released two models this year. During launch they specifically state modes from the Pro will require post production and provide tools to do so. Normal mode is there, other modes require post. What more info could you have wanted?

Reactions: WithTheBirds
In that specific set of images - the primary problem is that M2P image is out of focus and so it's not possible to draw any useful conclusions.

I didn't want to say anything but I tried to ask the poster a couple questions... He didn't answer.

Do you even own a Mavic 2?

The quality of the Mavic 2 is better than the Mavic 1. If you cant see that from all the videos on YouTube that compare the two, then go buy the drone you think is better or keep your Mavic 1. Go watch a low light footage video of the M2 pro on YouTube and try to do that with your Mavic 1, you can’t because the M1 has a fixed aperature. Case closed.

I agree with you that the M2P is superior to the M1P in almost every respect, but how does a variable aperture make it better for low light footage if the widest aperture of the M2P is smaller (2.8) than the one in the M1P (2.2)? It's because of the photosite size and sensor technology that it is better.

Now, the one regard in which the M2P appears to fail miserably is FOV mode's resolving power, and only THERE it gets beaten by the M1P and lots of other cheaper cameras. It's not that EVERY reviewer is focusing all their cameras right except the M2P. Optical blurring does not cause aliasing, problems in sampling (skipping data) do. Still, taking colour science, dynamic range and so on, even at FOV the M2P offers many improvements over the M1P.

Reactions: yysc
I agree with you that the M2P is superior to the M1P in almost every respect, but how does a variable aperture make it better for low light footage if the widest aperture of the M2P is smaller (2.8) than the one in the M1P (2.2)? It's because of the photosite size and sensor technology that it is better.

Now, the one regard in which the M2P appears to fail miserably is FOV mode's resolving power, and only THERE it gets beaten by the M1P and lots of other cheaper cameras. It's not that EVERY reviewer is focusing all their cameras right except the M2P. Optical blurring does not cause aliasing, problems in sampling (skipping data) do. Still, taking colour science, dynamic range and so on, even at FOV the M2P offers many improvements over the M1P.
You’re right, I thought I mentioned the M1’s incapable sensor (in regards to low light). Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out and the clarification.

Reactions: 0Kajuna0
I might get this video editing down yet. I feel like I'm getting closer...of course that last video doesn't help my confidence any...

Majority of that video were Hyperlapses, they extracted the raw images, edited them in LR for the best dynamic range, imported to Premiere for Warp Stabilizer and BAM! But even the actual footage looked amazing. The original Mavic turned trees to watercolor mush and couldn’t see faces of people at a distance. The Mavic 2 improved at both.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143