DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Batteries Toast?

hychewright

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello Pilots, I bought my Mavic in 2017 and flew it on a dozen flights or so. Some projects came up that I had to attend to and my Mavic set for 3 years. I am retired now and ready to start flying again which I've really missed. Now I can fly full time! I have 3 batteries and a charger station. Hooked up my charger and the batteries wouldn't charge. l let them charge for 6 hours, still no charge. Do you suppose that the 3 years the batteries sat unused ruined them? I've ordered 2 replacement batteries.

I'm new to the scene and spent the last week, watching video etc, so I'm in now way authorised to offer anything in the way of advice.
However, I believe there's some type of deep sleep mode, but I'm not sure how you get out of it.

I saw one video where the guy opened up the battery, removed one of the main wires, then resoldered it.

Reactions: hychewright
Hello Pilots, I bought my Mavic in 2017 and flew it on a dozen flights or so. Some projects came up that I had to attend to and my Mavic set for 3 years. I am retired now and ready to start flying again which I've really missed. Now I can fly full time! I have 3 batteries and a charger station. Hooked up my charger and the batteries wouldn't charge. l let them charge for 6 hours, still no charge. Do you suppose that the 3 years the batteries sat unused ruined them? I've ordered 2 replacement batteries.
Were you trying to charge on a hub or individually. Try them in the single battery charger if you haven’t

Reactions: hychewright
@hychewright.
Where are you in the world.
If in the UK, I don't mind opening one up and see if anything can be done.

@hychewright.
Where are you in the world.
If in the UK, I don't mind opening one up and see if anything can be done.
Hi Keat, I'm in the US but thanks for the good gesture. Happy flying, Cheers!
Were you trying to charge on a hub or individually. Try them in the single battery charger if you haven’t
Hi Thomas, tried single charge also to no avail. I should have known better. I'll treat my replacements like a baby! Happy flying!

Reactions: Thomas B
Check out THIS thread . . .

A little PO'ed with a Mavic Pro Platinum battery

Same issue, not sure if they fixed theirs.

Worth trying.
Numerous threads on the forum right now about trouble getting any sort of replacement batteries for the M1P / MPP.
Even the aftermarket supplier PowerExtra seem to not have availability.

I’m down to one of my three original M1P batteries from swelling. Bought an intelligent battery online for $106 and was told on another thread it will not work in M1P. Only MPP? Not sure.

I also bout two of the aftermarket Aotu batteries. So I guess I’ll see what works when they came in.

Any advice on checking these batteries?

I had two out of three batteries fail from sitting. I inherited a MP drone that sat in the box for 2-3 years. I put them on a charge for a full day. Nothing, no lights, nothing. I bought a replacement intelligent battery on Amazom that has been performing flawlessly.

Reactions: charliesRig
I have a sneaking suspicion that genuine DJI Mavic Pro batteries are still being produced and are certainly still available.
5 arrived today, the production dates are very recent -
1 x manufactured 2020/10
2 x manufactured 2020/12
2 x manufactured 2021/02
€99 each or £85 as expected.
Maybe DJI are having second thoughts or a lot of pressure from dealers and customers to restart production.

I have a sneaking suspicion that genuine DJI Mavic Pro batteries are still being produced and are certainly still available.
5 arrived today, the production dates are very recent -
1 x manufactured 2020/10
2 x manufactured 2020/12
2 x manufactured 2021/02
€99 each or £85 as expected.
Maybe DJI are having second thoughts or a lot of pressure from dealers and customers to restart production.

Hope so.
They should certainly still produce them for the Mavic Air as well, even the Spark, still a fine little aircraft.

Even their goggles white and RE are no longer produced, surely they should keep products around until something new that's compatible is released.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom