DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery status error

jonitus

Reactions
hello. I updated my Mavic to latest firmware and set battery to self discharge to 1 day because of the weather i cant fly it. So i wanted to test/adjust settings today, but the dji go app 4 shows once battery status error. It went away after restart, but i still contacted dji live support chat, and they told me to do firmware refresh. I cant do that because assistant 2 wouldnt find my drone, and i tried it many ways, and different cables so i pressed dji go 4 app those 3 lines it only showed my latest firmware and i press downgrade should this refresh it, or should i worry at all, or was it because i plugged my mavic battery after 1 day self discharge (55%). sorry my english isnt very good. Thank You

After self discharge the battery will offer "battery status error".
Just charge battery to full and error evaporates.
thank you for this even dji support cant answer that... i did that app thing tho but i dont think so it was harmful...

Reactions: Masheen
hehe yeah funny they give you the run around. They should know their own design by now.
Hopefully no problems caused with app.

I have my batteries set to discharge at 10 days but still often need to charge them to fly since winter here has been long, wet and windy.
One day might be a bit conservative but only for convenience. :)
I live in Finland and weather comes and goes usually its raining something. What do you suggest with that self discharge. I full charge batteries during winter sometimes, i have heard its good, but only discharge options i have is with the app i never keep them full for long periods of time

I have all mine set for 10 days too. No issues for me over the past couple years set at that.

Reactions: jonitus
I have all mine set for 10 days too. No issues for me over the past couple years set at that.
okay good to know. Only thing what worries me now is i kinda installed the latest firmware twice, but maybe just maybe it only checked if something is wrong or something. In app everyting is normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Masheen
Should be no drama with installing FW twice. It should just overwrite.

Just need to check and redo settings in app when you give the bird power, making sure to check OA(obstacle avoidance), RTH and other main settings, as these will sometimes default after FW change.
thanks alot these was very helpful! On second time everything in app was saved rth and avoidance settings. Update went certainly faster than first time, and controller showed upgrade and in the very end it showed only throttle indicators and restarted same as drone restarted, like first time i installed latest firmware, and done no error or anything.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904