DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Black Screen on App

josshappy

Reactions
Hello,

I've got a Mavic Pro with displays a black screen on the app once booted. I can control the gimbal and see the overlays but the actual feed is dark. So far I've tried the following fixes:
  • Tried replacing the video cable, AIO board, camera lens and whoe camera assembly with spares.
  • Reset the camera and drone to factory defaults.
  • Tried pairing with a different controller and phone.
  • Tried different USB cables.
  • Tried downgrading the firmware.
  • Inspected cables connecting AIO board to lower core board.
At this point I'm thinking it might be the Core Board A module as this is where the cables from the AIO board lead potentially? Although everything else seems to be work, firmware updating, cooling, sensors.

Anyone have any advice or experience with this issue?

Hello,

I've got a Mavic Pro with displays a black screen on the app once booted. I can control the gimbal and see the overlays but the actual feed is dark. So far I've tried the following fixes:
  • Tried replacing the video cable, AIO board, camera lens and whoe camera assembly with spares.
At this point I'm thinking it might be the Core Board A module as this is where the cables from the AIO board lead potentially? Although everything else seems to be work, firmware updating, cooling, sensors.

I'm in australia and have had a lot of trouble with screens . found a LENOVA 7 .cheap and i have found it a little slow on start up and screen was like a mirror in the sun .Had it fitted with an anti glare film .. perfect!have had to unplug it then plug it back in to recognise the controller . small problem ! for the price it is priceless.

I've had that a couple of times and all it was is the EV is turned right down. Just rotate the right wheel on the RC to bring up the EV and the video feed from Mavic magically appears again.

Hello,

I had this issue after about 20 or so flights. I’m assuming you can still fly it, however just a black screen? Had to send it in to fix.

Yeah this was a nasty one. I ended up changing out the cables that connect to the lower board and no change. I switched out the lower board with another unit I have and got video! So I placed the problematic lower board in a spare drone but then also got video so it wasn't the lower board after all!

I ended up for some reason switching out the camera/gimbal with a new unit like I had earlier and things started to work again even though I had tried this earlier. Guess I have the advantage of a lot of spare parts for testing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986