DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

-ZLV

Reactions
Am curious if DJI's Serial Number nomenclature for the Mavic Pro reveal any information around incept/build date, batch order or any other insight to the units' creation? Or where can it be found, if available?

Anyone ?

Seems the Serial Number may be decipherable to some degree. A quick survey may have revealed from...

14 alphanumeric digits 08QDDxxx120yyy . Seemingly characters 12345 & 9,10,11 which I have bolded are constant.

That leaves the 6 xxx & yyy spots to record what is individual about each unit. The first x could be the build month as I have seen characters 9 A B C and 1 in there. Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan etc. Likewise only seen 0 and 1 in first y character.

But from a sample of 10 serial numbers this is bound to be totally wrong.

The 08 at the start is seemingly for Mavic as I think that spot is 09 in Phantom4.

Any takers to sleuth it out?

Edited to add what we have learnt

14 alphanumeric digits 08QDxxxx120yyy . Seemingly only characters 1234 & 9,10,11 are constant.

Last edited:
Mine is DE, not DD, could be the E signifies 2017, next charachter is a 1, could be for January, which would make sense, ordered from DJI Official Store on Amazon Feb 4, received Feb 13, so very likely a January build.

Also my first Y character is a 2

Mine is DD but next value are letters of BV

First Y character is a 1 then letters

Ordered Jan 24th or so from a dealer who had them in stock.

Last edited:
Great Post. Everyone should contribute to it so we can solve this mystery.

Mine was purchased in early January, I think it was the 4th
And I know it does not have the twisted rear motor wires.

Using the Known outline of: 08QDDxxx120yyy

My 08QDD is also 08QDD. Makes sense mine had to have been built in December 2016

The first two digit of my YY is 2M (So that is new to Loggers info) the last Y is also a letter

After the DD I have CP

Oh what the heck I cannot see any harm in my serial number being public but just in case I will leave off only 2 numbers.

08QDDCPx1202My

I hope this helps to decode the serial numbers.

Rob

Ill report soon. However the serial # on my fly more combo box is different than the serial on the mavic itself. Ordered Jan 10th, received Jan 24th
Box shows:08QDE1C0XXXX

Thanks for the replies.
So we now know character 5 is not constant as I had incorrectly suggested. D or E in there so far.

So...
14 alphanumeric digits 08QDxxxx120yyy . Seemingly only characters 1234 & 9,10,11 are constant.

If anyone finds something to show the 08QD and 120 are not constant let us know and will revise.

That leaves xxxx and yyy

Characters reported as residing in positions so far from a fairly small sample:

x D or E
xx 9, A, B, C, 1
xxx 1,4,C,G,K,P,R,T,V
xxxx 0 or A

y 0, 1, 2
yy 1,A,G,L,M,P,R
yyy 6,7,8,9,A,T

Those of you with x = E have all reported xx as 1 which bodes well for these two representing year and month. I have one outlier but I am not confident I read the serial correctly from a screen grab.
So far my list of serials or part serials has

D9
D9
D9
DA
?A
?B
DB
DC
DC
E1
E1
E1

So possibly
x D = 2016 and E = 2017 build year.
xx = build Month where 9 = Sept, A = Oct, B = Nov and C = Dec then 1 = Jan

Just need some to show me a serial that does not math this schema for x and xx and will bin this theory.

Also if letting us know a partial serial let include if under the CE0890 label there is a trash can or a Avatel logo. That changed at some point recently too. My DC (maybe December) has it whilst my replaced D9 maybe (Sept build) did not.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlopezjurado
Great have added your new characters L & T to the list. Already had 0 in there. Yep trash can with x on slightly older builds it seems. Whats the 6th character on yours after the second D. Should hopefully be a 9 A or B. Possibly C but not 1.

Ill report soon. However the serial # on my fly more combo box is different than the serial on the mavic itself. Ordered Jan 10th, received Jan 24th
Box shows:08QDE1C0XXXX
I have the fly more too and mine matched. Where did you buy yours and how long. It seem like maybe it was place in the wrong box.

The 6th character on mine (post #10) after the second D is a "B".

Maybe the second D=2016, (or E=2017) and
the subsequent 1-9 equals the months Jan through Sept. and
A, B, C means Oct,, Nov. Dec.

Was looking at some Phantom serials to totally confuse the issue.
1 unit - S/N - 07DDDSQ0B13240
2 unit - S/N - 07DDD5F0B0B10645
3rd unit - S/N - 07DDD5M0A11606
4th unit - S/N - 07DDD5H0A10313
5th unit - S/N - 07DDD5H0A11350

They are actually printed on the device as two separate 7 digit strings. Fair bet 07 = Phantom whereas 08 = Mavic. But lets say we split our serials in half in the same way.

So instead of 08QDxxxx120yyy

08QDxxx
y120yzz

xxx = year/month/date
y y = variations such as fly more or some such as these two fields only have 0s 1s or As.
zz = sequence on build date.

Sort of works with a base-36 conversion. Only snag is @gbracer08 has a xxx = DBV which would translate to a build of 31 Nov 2017. Nov of course has 30 days. BUT he say's... What if "O" is not used as appears to be the case then, it would work. 30 Nov 2017. Thoughts?

I have the fly more too and mine matched. Where did you buy yours and how long. It seem like maybe it was place in the wrong box.

Nevermind. That was my bad. The S/N does match the box.. I think i got confused. The DJI go app reported a different serial number. I think that number maybe of the flight controller or something? I dont know for sure

Ordered 12/27/16. Ship notice on 1/12/17
08QDDCVx120yRR
Flymore from DJI

Last edited:
Reactions: DJI27
DCV so built or serial created on 12/30/16 could work.

A = 10 in base36 so 10 Jan 17. Does that tie in with when you got it?

I got it the 17 and it left China the 13 so yes it sounds good. Looks like part 1 of the code mightve been cracked!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803