DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

Thanks guys. So @beach_Dr yours is the oldest known factory twisted Mavic so far, at Dec 17. Those built later should be done. We may eventually be able to refine the date back a few more days after peering into other early Dec builds..

Your updated decoder looks great @liebowa Good job.

Reactions: vagdesign
Fantastic work guys, we're all very grateful to you..

Can I just throw something else into the mix. I had a replacement Mavic sent to me last week from DJI's European service centre which was obviously a used aircraft. So as has been assumed and quite logically, DJI are taking defective Mavics back and recycling them. I don't suppose we will ever know what that process is but this had a build date of February 10th which begs the question if for example the main body of a recycled Mavic is sound, say it had a dodgy or damaged motor, would they necessarily carry out any mods to the main electronics, e.g. twist the wires? I suppose it'll only affect a relatively small number but if you end up with a recycled/replacement Mavic there's no guarantee when the guts of it actually date from..

...I suppose it'll only affect a relatively small number but if you end up with a recycled/replacement Mavic there's no guarantee when the guts of it actually date from..
Actually there is a way to tell Pedro. @BudWalker 's brilliant CsvView will tell you the main controller board serial number, which differs from the device serial number and is dated. My refurb unit is 1/12/16 build with a 23/12/16 controller board. Was bench tested by DJI on 14/1/17 and I received it on 27/2/17. I would be surprised if they are not routinely twisting the wiring as a campaign when units pass across their bench. The test flight log they left on my refurb units internal SD, show they ran it for several minutes at max rpm and that the both compasses produced the low level of noise.

Reactions: Pedro
Actually there is a way to tell Pedro. @BudWalker 's brilliant CsvView will tell you the main controller board serial number, which differs from the device serial number and is dated. My refurb unit is 1/12/16 build with a 23/12/16 controller board. Was bench tested by DJI on 14/1/17 and I received it on 27/2/17. I would be surprised if they are not routinely twisting the wiring as a campaign when units pass across their bench. The test flight log they left on my refurb units internal SD, show they ran it for several minutes at max rpm and that the both compasses produced the low level of noise.

Amazing, thanks!

Interesting topic!

I just check my first Mavic (its replaced due to a bad camera) and it was produced in November, SN 08QDDBG01200UK, Gimbal SN 092DDB300201HL.

Let me know if I can be of any help with supplying any more data.

1 = 08QDDBP0
2 = T
3 = N
4 = N
5 =

According to the data base mfg date:
Drone: Thursday 11/24/16 (Turkey day drone :) )
Battery that came with the flyless: Saturday 11/12/16

If you should encounter any issues decoding your serial number; if the system comes back and says its not in the correct format - but you're certain it IS in the right format - please post the S/N here so that we can look into it.

Thanks for helping out.

I've got an X as 7th character. Hope that doesn't spoil the party. I did register just for this. :)

1) DCX0 ordered late December.
2) Anatel
3) Y
4) N

I've got an X as 7th character. Hope that doesn't spoil the party. I did register just for this. :)

1) DCX0 ordered late December.
2) Anatel
3) Y
4) N

No it doesn't. Very timely - I was just about to post an update that will explain this. Standby ..

" i " is not used

I noticed several days ago, when looking through the couple of hundred serial numbers that I have collected, that I missed an obvious one. In the same manner as O can be confused with 0, i can be confused with 1 and as a result DJI have not used " i " in any of their serial numbers either.

So anyone who previously calculated their build date to be on or after the 19th of the month amend the date back to a day earlier. There wont have been anyone so far with an indicated build date of 18th becuase "i" has never been used and therefore calculators wont have shown it.

08QDxxx ........

YEAR
D = 2016
E = 2017

MONTH
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

DAY
(base36) (base10)
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
D = 13
E = 14
F = 15
G = 16
H = 17
I = NOT Used as I and 1 can be confused.
J = 18
K = 19
L = 20
M = 21
N = 22
O = NOT Used as O and 0 can be confused.
P = 23
Q = 24
R = 25
S = 26
T = 27
U = 28
V = 29
W = 30
X = 31

O and I are also excluded from the last three digits of the the serial number.

" i " is not used

I noticed several days ago, when looking through the couple of hundred serial numbers that I have collected, that I missed an obvious one. In the same manner as O can be confused with 0, i can be confused with 1 and as a result DJI have not used " i " in any of their serial numbers either.

So anyone who previously calculated their build date to be on or after the 19th of the month amend the date back to a day earlier. There wont have been anyone so far with an indicated build date of 18th becuase "i" has never been used and therefore calculators wont have shown it.

08QDxxx ........

YEAR
D = 2016
E = 2017

MONTH
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

DAY
(base36) (base10)
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
D = 13
E = 14
F = 15
G = 16
H = 17
J = 18
K = 19
L = 20
M = 21
N = 22
P = 23
Q = 24
R = 25
S = 26
T = 27
U = 28
V = 29
W = 30
X = 31

The Decoder webpage has been updated; DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

" i " is not used

08QDxxx ........

YEAR
D = 2016
E = 2017

MONTH
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

DAY
(base36) (base10)
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
D = 13
E = 14
F = 15
G = 16
H = 17
J = 18
K = 19
L = 20
M = 21
N = 22
P = 23
Q = 24
R = 25
S = 26
T = 27
U = 28
V = 29
W = 30
X = 31

Never mind if you read my initial post here. I'm just sleepy and made a mistake. You seem to have figured it out.

Reactions: Jordan
What are the first 7 characters of your serial no?

What are the first 7 characters of your serial no?

08QDE2G

I got a fairly new build. I just hope it isn't one that pumped out in a quantity over quality race.

Never mind if you read my initial post here. I'm just sleepy and made a mistake. You seem to have figured it out.
No worries - so the calculation works and your Mavic was built on 16 Feb 2017 and not on a future date in Dec 2017 as you had suggested. :)

Updates since Last.

Date and Sequence fields exclude both letter “I” as well as previously recognised letter “o” to prevent confusion.
This has the effect of:
- previously advised dates late in the month needing to be adjusted back to 1 day earlier.
- hypothetical daily sequence number which is base34 (not base 36 as previously thought), slightly reducing the build count accordingly.
- Anatel Logo instead of Trashcan logo appeared early December. Not of any practical use, other than a rough date indicator.

The remaining curiosity. Why does the yellow box in the Common Model & Variation area, very occasionally switch from 0 to A with no rhyme or reason?
I wonder if it designates:
- units faulted in production, sent for remedial repairs then back on the line to become a dash A. or,
- just some trivial reference point in the production line.

upload_2017-3-13_12-55-44.png
Apart from the yellow box I don't think there is much else to figure out anymore.

Just a S.W.A.G., but I think the "QD" designates "Quad Drone" (as opposed to "HD" = "Hexacopter Drone" for the Matrice 600), etc. The 08 designates a Mavic. (8th released drone by DJI) Does someone have a P3 so we can see if it also has a "QD" in spots 3,4? Or even better, a Matrice or other hexacopter to see if it has an HD? Just my 2 cents... Great thread by the way!

Here's samples of P3 and P4:
P3: Serial Number
P4: Phantom 4 Serial number

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000