DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Charging hub

CrossQuads

Reactions
So I got the Mavic fly more combo and wast getting ready to charge the batteries on the hub, when I noticed only one battery was charging. Does the hub only charge one battery at a time?

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
Yes

From dji website:

The Mavic Battery Charging Hub is designed for use with the Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery. When used with the Mavic Battery Charger, it can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries. The Intelligent Flight Batteries will be charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

That's correct.

Also something to note. You can setup the discharge time limit within the DJI GO 4 app. So say its set to 5 days. If you press the button on top of the battery it will reset the discharge time from the moment you press the power button. Essentially a reset of the timer.

So whats the point of it? It would be better if it charged all three batteries at once. Id rather have three individual single chargers where I could charge all three at once.

Reactions: DustyVisor
Search on Google Amazon or eBay for a 5 in 1 Mavic charger. Lots of discussion about it on this forum. A number of us are using them and no negative reports. Will charge three batteries, your controller and your phone simultaneously and all in just over an hour for about $ 65 bucks.

Last edited:
So whats the point of it? It would be better if it charged all three batteries at once. Id rather have three individual single chargers where I could charge all three at once.

It is a "fire and forget" solution where if you needed to charge multiple batteries you would start the charge hours(or days) before you use them. Not a quick charge turn around solution for multiple batteries. Just saves you time swapping in/out batteries to sequentially charge them.

I have a CellPro lipo charger that charges up to 4 lipos at high "C" rates in parallel. I've asked the company that makes the CellPro charger to make a Mavic battery adaptor, waiting for response.

I need to read the Mavic Pro battery documentation that came with the MP battery but do you know if the internal Mavic battery electronics controls the lipo balancing or is this done by the Mavic charger? This is a very critical function to do and get the balancing between the cells correct for the health/life of the battery. Don't know anything about that blue charger but you definitely want a "smart" charger that can detect issues with the battery and charge or not charge them accordingly.

If you search online for disassembly pictures of the battery you will see the circuitry inside is quite sophisticated, which is one of the reasons the battery is quite a bit more expensive than a 3S 4000mAh (roughly the capacity of the Mavic Pro battery) "dumb" battery that people often use for custom quad builds.

That said, I'm not 100% sure on balancing with the Mavic Pro... It is my understanding that the ONLY charger that will perfectly balance Mavic batteries is the advanced charging HUB that isn't out yet (compatible with 100W adapter)

Of course the cells should be internally balanced when the pack is assembled, and once one cell hits the cutoff voltage charging terminates, so this charger should be no worse than the standard one which I believe is nothing more than a expensive DC power supply

Last edited:
Also something to note. You can setup the discharge time limit within the DJI GO 4 app. So say its set to 5 days. If you press the button on top of the battery it will reset the discharge time from the moment you press the power button. Essentially a reset of the timer.
Apologies for my ignorance and inadvance of getting my mavic in the air, why would you set up a discharge time limit?

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Apologies for my ignorance and inadvance of getting my mavic in the air, why would you set up a discharge time limit?

Because leaving the batteries fully charged for more than a few days will shorten their life / could even cause them to swell. Think of the battery as a glass full of water... You want it as full as possible before you fly, as that will give you the maximum flight time, however, if you aren't going to fly then having the glass super full only means you are more likely to spill some which isn't good.

The purpose of the discharge circuitry is to (after a selectable number of days) drop the battery down to a safer level for long term storage (around half full is best) - This means you will need to "top off" your battery before flying again, however, it should ensure that the battery will last longer, which is nice when they are $80+ each

Because leaving the batteries fully charged for more than a few days will shorten their life / could even cause them to swell. Think of the battery as a glass full of water... You want it as full as possible before you fly, as that will give you the maximum flight time, however, if you aren't going to fly then having the glass super full only means you are more likely to spill some which isn't good.

The purpose of the discharge circuitry is to (after a selectable number of days) drop the battery down to a safer level for long term storage (around half full is best for this type of storage)
Thanks.

So you'd let them drop to say 50% and let them drop charge naturally?

Thanks.

In the GO App, you can configure the number of days to discharge. Over the number of days you choose (say 5) the cells will discharge down to about 50% on their own. You can set up a longer time or no time. As stated above, you want the cells to discharge some energy if they are going to be lying around for a while.

Reactions: willhay555
In the GO App, you can configure the number of days to discharge. Over the number of days you choose (say 5) the cells will discharge down to about 50% on their own.
The battery will only discharge down to 65%. If that setting is set to 5 days, the discharge process will not start until 5 days have passed. At that point, it'll take an additional 2-3 days to discharge the battery down to 65%.

Corrected ! Thanks for the clarity and makes sense that it would start at the programmed time and take a fixed time to deplete versus doing it over the time selected.

Thanks.

They dont drop "naturally" (well they do, but at a very slow rate) . They are smart batteries that will discharge themselves based on the setting that is chosen within the DJIGO 4 app. The number of days until they start to discharge is selectable in one day increments with the maximum number of days being 10.

I like the glass of water anaology Thumbswayup

It would be best to charge them back up to ~50% and store them until you're ready to charge them up for the next flight. Keep them on the battery charger until the 3rd light starts blinking.

Reactions: BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661