DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Compass Error (Magnetic Interference when camera facing down)

I have had my MP for over a year, but just started using the auto camera down button (or whatever its called). I now get magnetic interference whenever I use this button, and its asked to calibrate the compass which I have done, but the problem persists. I will try the de-magnetizer.

My mavic Pro got to the point that I could not fly it anymore . It was showing magnetic interference GPS needed to be redone it was going into Atti mode nonstop I could not get it to fly for longer than 90 seconds without going crazy . I was boxing it up getting ready to say goodbye to it for a good chunk of time . I then did a search on U-tube . I saw a clip about the C-fixer . It’s a demagnetizing tool . When I got it I tried it on my phantom that has a very poor hover pattern . It made it go from a 20’ circle to about 2.5 . I was sold . I spent about 39 minutes on my mavic Pro . I zapped the crap out of it . I then drove out into the sticks and did a IMU and GPS calibration . It was a brand new bird that went from nonstop disconnects and Atti mode to a rock solid drone . My trouble started because I set the drone on the floor in our office and there is a piece of exercise equipment in there with an electric motor . The closest I can think is the magnets in the electric motor basically gave the Mavic pro brain fart . I since have zapped a buddy’s spark that was doing weird crap as dropping into Atti all the time . My buddy’s and I fly where there is zero electrical interference . These drones should not get confused from excessive Wi-Fi signals as there is none .
Making a LONG story short . The C-fixer works .

Reactions: conchman
My mavic Pro got to the point that I could not fly it anymore . It was showing magnetic interference GPS needed to be redone it was going into Atti mode nonstop I could not get it to fly for longer than 90 seconds without going crazy . I was boxing it up getting ready to say goodbye to it for a good chunk of time . I then did a search on U-tube . I saw a clip about the C-fixer . It’s a demagnetizing tool . When I got it I tried it on my phantom that has a very poor hover pattern . It made it go from a 20’ circle to about 2.5 . I was sold . I spent about 39 minutes on my mavic Pro . I zapped the crap out of it . I then drove out into the sticks and did a IMU and GPS calibration . It was a brand new bird that went from nonstop disconnects and Atti mode to a rock solid drone . My trouble started because I set the drone on the floor in our office and there is a piece of exercise equipment in there with an electric motor . The closest I can think is the magnets in the electric motor basically gave the Mavic pro brain fart . I since have zapped a buddy’s spark that was doing weird crap as dropping into Atti all the time . My buddy’s and I fly where there is zero electrical interference . These drones should not get confused from excessive Wi-Fi signals as there is none .
Making a LONG story short . The C-fixer works .
Thanks!

I made you a video :cool:

I am also from Cape Town. What was the response when you took your drone if for the compass errors? I often get the same issue where I am calibrating my Mavic Pro Platinum on farms in the middle of nowhere, and still can't finish the compass calibration. My drone also suffers a bit with drifting to sides when flying straight and I think this could be part of the problem.
Regards

I am also from Cape Town. What was the response when you took your drone if for the compass errors? I often get the same issue where I am calibrating my Mavic Pro Platinum on farms in the middle of nowhere, and still can't finish the compass calibration. My drone also suffers a bit with drifting to sides when flying straight and I think this could be part of the problem.
Regards
Hi Armand, I experienced this magnetic interference with 3 of the Mavic Pro's I had, all only when the camera/gimbal was pointing down. I also had difficulty calibrating the compass on all 3. It is easy to simulate and even while stationary on the ground it behaved this way. DJI eventually replaced it with a Mavic Pro Platinum that did not experience this behaviour.
Kevin

Reactions: Armand V Cpt
Hi Armand, I experienced this magnetic interference with 3 of the Mavic Pro's I had, all only when the camera/gimbal was pointing down. I also had difficulty calibrating the compass on all 3. It is easy to simulate and even while stationary on the ground it behaved this way. DJI eventually replaced it with a Mavic Pro Platinum that did not experience this behaviour.
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I will have it checked out, thank you :)

Makes me wonder why they don’t use SS screws so they can’t get magnetized. At the price of these things a small upgrade like better screws should not be asking too much

Reactions: Armand V Cpt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair