DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Crashed

Val972

Reactions
Hello,
I just crashed my Mavic pro and I was wondering if you could help me to understand what happened.
Here the log :

I was fliying next to my office and when i put the sport mode I lose control, the drone fell and start spinning the last warning i had was « motor current error » ?

Thanks

I just crashed my Mavic pro and I was wondering if you could help me to understand what happened.
We will need the device dat for this one. @112 meters altitude Really??.....

You will need to see this link: Retrieve a V3 DAT From Mobile Device
Share the .dat file back here....

Wow....your control inputs are rediculous........but as stated we need the .dat.

Here is the .dat file

Attachments

• 2019-12-20_17-02-50_FLY046.DAT
    631.7 KB · Views: 34
@Val972 This looks like a major ESC failure.......You may need to take this up with DJI, if applicable. All of the motors simply shut down.......

1576894293537.png

Did you visually see the drone when it happened? Looks like you might have crashed into the building. It’s abt 120m high, cos you flew past it and the downward sensor picked it up. Then you flew below 120m before it cuts out.

For all motors to shut down, wouldn't that be a Flight controller issue?
@sar104

Oo! I have an idea!!

Edit: Nah! I thought of an unintentional CSC, but nup!

Last edited:
Yes I saw the drone when it happened, even the camera was working during the crash, unfortunately I was not recording.
It’s a small 4-storey building so I was a hundred meter over it.

Hello,
Here the log :

I was fliying next to my office and when i put the sport mode I lose control, the drone fell and start spinning the last warning i had was « motor current error » ?

Thanks
Looks like you had a motor warning, did a propellor break or come off. Was one missing when you located the drone? Sorry just trying to help, get it fixed. I crashed mine had to replace two front arms and the main board.. I hope you get her fixed, but sorry that happened...GL

For all motors to shut down, wouldn't that be a Flight controller issue?
@sar104

Oo! I have an idea!!

Edit: Nah! I thought of an unintentional CSC, but nup!
It was the Flight Controller that stopped the motors because the MP was tumbling. From the event log stream

64.900 : 5380 [L-FMU/MOTOR] Stop. reason:roll over or atti fail

The data is a bit ambiguous but it looks like a propulsion issue with either the left back or left front. The gyroZ data indicates the left back, but gyroX and gyroY say it was the left front.
1576972659122.png

The speed data indicates the left front
1576972726054.png

About 9 secs before the incident the left back was commanded 100% several times. But, then immediately before the incident it was the left back that was commanded 100%.
1576973439679.png
Also, note the vibration that started 9 secs before the incident.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104 and Simmo
The data is a bit ambiguous but it looks like a propulsion issue with either the left back or left front.
That portion was confusing to me. All pointed to Left rear to start, then the other 3 followed.

Reactions: Jackzman
It was the Flight Controller that stopped the motors because the MP was tumbling. From the event log stream

64.900 : 5380 [L-FMU/MOTOR] Stop. reason:roll over or atti fail

The data is a bit ambiguous but it looks like a propulsion issue with either the left back or left front. The gyroZ data indicates the left back, but gyroX and gyroY say it was the left front.
View attachment 88598

The speed data indicates the left front
View attachment 88599

About 9 secs before the incident the left back was commanded 100% several times. But, then immediately before the incident it was the left back that was commanded 100%.
View attachment 88600
Also, note the vibration that started 9 secs before the incident.
May I know what software was used to produce these charts ?

Gents, what about this one, what caused the crash?
Attaching the .DAT

Best regards
Swededrone

Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 09.20.59.pngScreenshot 2020-03-15 at 11.51.50.jpg

Last edited:
Gents, what about this one, what caused the crash?
Attaching the .DAT

Best regards
Swededrone

View attachment 96994View attachment 96995

There was a problem with the right rear motor or prop starting at 464 seconds - motor control maxed out and the current jumped substantially, with no increase in motor speed. Then, at 492 seconds, the motor showed overspeed and the motor control was dropped, suggesting that perhaps the prop detached. The problem at 464 seconds was accompanied by significant vibration as shown by the accelerometers, maybe suggesting a prop problem was the underlying cause.

motors.png

current.png

accel.png

There was a problem with the right rear motor or prop starting at 464 seconds - motor control maxed out and the current jumped substantially, with no increase in motor speed. Then, at 492 seconds, the motor showed overspeed and the motor control was dropped, suggesting that perhaps the prop detached. The problem at 464 seconds was accompanied by significant vibration as shown by the accelerometers, maybe suggesting a prop problem was the underlying cause.

View attachment 97006

View attachment 97007

View attachment 97008
WoW thanks a mill for your as always to the point analysis!

WoW thanks a mill for your as always to the point analysis!
@sar104 Small update. The vendor has replaced the HW following their own internal data analysis. So thank's again for helping me out here with a second opinion if the results would differ. And the replacement was NOT refurbished :)

@sar104 Small update. The vendor has replaced the HW following their own internal data analysis. So thank's again for helping me out here with a second opinion if the results would differ. And the replacement was NOT refurbished :)

Great. Did they say what their analysis showed?

They only tell you it it's a pilot error. Otherwise never.

Here is the last video

Acro mode ?? :D
Hopefully since it's been fully covered under warranty, you can laugh about it now.

I didn't see the original txt file (if it was posted), but looks like it was lucky to have crashed in a clear area ?
Did you recover the drone ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin