DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro delivering life jacket

Lapeer20m

Reactions
i know mavic is not a heavy lifter but I’ve carried quite a few things using the gannet bait release with excellent results.

Here is the latest: an adult life jacket.

I hope to make it to the lake tomorrow for further testing.

You can hear mavic working a little extra hard under load.

A matrice 210 would certianly be a better drone for this....but mavic is still quite capable, in my opinion.

Reactions: dirkclod
i know mavic is not a heavy lifter but I’ve carried quite a few things using the gannet bait release with excellent results.

Here is the latest: an adult life jacket.

I hope to make it to the lake tomorrow for further testing.

You can hear mavic working a little extra hard under load.

A matrice 210 would certianly be a better drone for this....but mavic is still quite capable, in my opinion.
That being said, the MP is an expensive, high quality AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY PLATFORM, not a work horse... just saying

Reactions: dirkclod
But...If the need came up to save someone its good to know it can do it. I would trash mine in a second
if I could save someone and you would too .
just saying ;);)
And hey ,If he test it over the lake at least he can get it back if it's hooked to the life jacket and he goes down :eek:

But...If the need came up to save someone its good to know it can do it. I would trash mine in a second
if I could save someone and you would too .
just saying ;);)
And hey ,If he test it over the lake at least he can get it back if it's hooked to the life jacket and he goes down :eek:
True that dawg...I ment him NO DISRESPECT

I knew..didn't ya see the ;);)
b62e4dddf9e8fe4a0061a83cc142eaf4.jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Classic flyer
The latest:

I still think the concept is better suited to ice rescue and to a larger more capable aircraft.

However, mavic has been a great tool for learning. The biggest lesson is that it is super difficult to drop the life vest with any accuracy and it’s dangerous to fly the drone close to the water. The best solution I’ve found so far is using a long rope to allow the pfd to be pulled through the water the last few feet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lord pet