DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro drift slightly in right yaw?

samir_munir

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Perhaps my mavic did this all the time. However I have just begun to notice it now.

When hovering in quit conditions with no Wind and the Sticks left untouched, then the mavic drift and have a slow but consistent Yaw to the right...?

what may the cause of this? I must admit that when looking at the quad it seems fixed and stable, perhaps it it the gimbal that i yawing but frame keeps yawin right all the time...?

samir

Try recalibrating your IMU and Compass. That should get you flying right again.
that was an excielent suggestion:)

By the way, anyone that may screendump me the screen of your sensors, in particular the compas-screen. Mine shows that the sensors are good not excelent....?

Mine usually drifts left although it sometimes does right. A quick look on the DJI forum would hint this is a fairly common issue.
Even fully, correctly calibrated mavics appear to yaw drift somewhat during a hover (at least a fair number of peoples seem to).

You can check to see if its actual yaw or the gimbal by turning off synchronous gimbal on the DJI go 4 app. If its the gimbal that SHOULD stop it.

Mine does that a bit. I like producing HDR shots so tend to hover and take at least three photos of the same scene with maybe one -1.7ev and one +1.7. The photos normally show a slight yaw between shots which is a bit of a pain.
Good idea about changing the gimbal mode, I will try that next time to see if it helps.

Mine usually drifts left although it sometimes does right. A quick look on the DJI forum would hint this is a fairly common issue.
Even fully, correctly calibrated mavics appear to yaw drift somewhat during a hover (at least a fair number of peoples seem to).

You can check to see if its actual yaw or the gimbal by turning off synchronous gimbal on the DJI go 4 app. If its the gimbal that SHOULD stop it.

What is synchronous gimbal? Can you explain this? Thnx

For smooth video the gimbal actually predicts and moves slightly ahead of any control motion (you can see this on the ground, without taking off yaw left/right and look at gimbal - it'll move).
Disabling that setting stops that function. It can lead to less smooth video but can help debug if a drift is a yaw or a gimbal.
Its also handy if you want to get the drone directly above a specific spot on the ground looking directly down as you're seeing where it is not where its been smoothed.

Reactions: hjmavic
I noticed this too, when I turned the Yaw sensitivity down to 10. What about calibrating the controller. This is something I had to do on a small Blade nano qx. And most serious controllers have this adjustment.

Reactions: Qoncussion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure