DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro firmware update impossible

leoadenot

Reactions
Hello, I bought a mavic pro first generation this summer on amazon. The official DJI was selling refurbished mavic pros which were like 100 dollars cheaper than the new ones and all the comments said the refurbished ones looked just like new and worked perfectly so I chose to buy a refurbished one. I did a dozen flights and it works just fine execpt I tried dozens of times to update the firmware on the app or with dji assistant 2 and it never worked but I think I'm not the only one having firmware update problems. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't do quickshots and it is kind of stressful flying my drone knowing the firmware isn't updated. I'm considering of sending it to repair but I don't have dji care refresh. Is it possible to send a drone for reparation for a software issue? Is it possible to send a drone for reparation even if it was bought refurbished? (official refurbished by DJI though).
I think I can't buy Dji care refresh because I bought my mavic in USA and I live in France now.

Hello, I bought a mavic pro first generation this summer on amazon. The official DJI was selling refurbished mavic pros which were like 100 dollars cheaper than the new ones and all the comments said the refurbished ones looked just like new and worked perfectly so I chose to buy a refurbished one. I did a dozen flights and it works just fine execpt I tried dozens of times to update the firmware on the app or with dji assistant 2 and it never worked but I think I'm not the only one having firmware update problems. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't do quickshots and it is kind of stressful flying my drone knowing the firmware isn't updated. I'm considering of sending it to repair but I don't have dji care refresh. Is it possible to send a drone for reparation for a software issue? Is it possible to send a drone for reparation even if it was bought refurbished? (official refurbished by DJI though).
I think I can't buy Dji care refresh because I bought my mavic in USA and I live in France now.
What firmware is on it? What is the product date on it?

What firmware is on it? What is the product date on it?
Hello thanks for your answer I think the firmware it is on is 01.04.0400. How do I check? When I connect my RC and drone it tells me update 01.04.0500 is possiblr. Where do I find the product date?

Hello thanks for your answer I think the firmware it is on is 01.04.0400. How do I check? When I connect my RC and drone it tells me update 01.04.0500 is possiblr. Where do I find the product date?
It's under the 3 dots in upper right corner, then scroll down to about and click it.
Then it is listed FW App Fly Safe Database no. and more.
The product date don't matter in 04.0400 FW but it has Quick shot.
This is from my MP with 04.0300 FW

I think the firmware it is on is 01.04.0400. How do I check?
When the Mavic is connected to DJI GO, you can find the firmware version in this section of DJI GO:

I tried dozens of times to update the firmware on the app or with dji assistant 2 and it never worked
What happens when you try to update the firmware from DJI Assistant 2? Which version of DJI Assistant 2 are you using?

What happens when you try to update the firmware from DJI GO?

I also have the quickshot icon but when I want to use it the three different quickshots don't appear and I saw on another forum it was because of a firmware icompatibility

I also have the quickshot icon but when I want to use it the three different quickshots don't appear and I saw on another forum it was because of a firmware icompatibility
I will retry updating the firmware on dji assistabt and dji go because I don't remember the exact things that hapoen when I do so.

You have turned intelligent flight mode on?
What happen if you use Tripod mode.
From the manual.

You have turned intelligent flight mode on?
What happen if you use Tripod mode.
From the manual.
View attachment 73105
Yes I turned intelligent flight mode on and followed all the instructions but the three quickshot icons don't appear and I just have a "GO" on the target I selected but nothing happens when i click on it. I never tried tripod mode though.

Yes I turned intelligent flight mode on and followed all the instructions but the three quickshot icons don't appear and I just have a "GO" on the target I selected but nothing happens when i click on it. I never tried tripod mode though.
If you have some screen recorder you should record your screen when you try Quick shot.
You can post it on YouTube and post the link here.

This is from 2017 so you dont need new FW for quick shot.
Its something else which is not right.
Quick Shot tutorial.

Hello, I bought a mavic pro first generation this summer on amazon. The official DJI was selling refurbished mavic pros...
No warranty? Can you return it and get another?

No warranty? Can you return it and get another?
I have no warranty so I don't know how to do to repair it ( which I don't know if is possiblr because it is a software problem) and I don't think I can return it I don't know I'm not sure

When the Mavic is connected to DJI GO, you can find the firmware version in this section of DJI GO:

View attachment 73101

What happens when you try to update the firmware from DJI Assistant 2? Which version of DJI Assistant 2 are you using?

What happens when you try to update the firmware from DJI GO?
Hello I tried reuploading the firmware today with DJI Go and update the 01.04.0500 one. Everything goes right except at a moment the progression just stops ( around 69% I think) and then it says update failed try again bla bla bla. It also asks if I want to send a report to DJI for the problem which I did several times but never got a response

Ok I checked the firmware my drone is actually on firmware 01.03.0400 and the rc on 01.04.0400. The app is on 4.3.16.

I’m aware of this issue and it’s a pain. The issue stems from the the gigantic difference between 01.03.0400 and 01.04.0500.

What seems to fix it is to use Assistant 2 to refresh your current firmware 01.03.0400 because you have had several failed attempts you have some parts of the firmware upgraded but not others. So by refreshing it will get all the modules back to the original.

Now that you have done that you will need to upgrade a few firmware versions at a time.

In Assistant 2 upgrade first to 01.04.0100. Often the first attempt to upgrade from a 01.03.xxxx firmware to a 01.04.xxxx firmware will fail. It hasn’t really failed it’s just that it requires two attempts to upgrade from those firmwares. Be sure to reboot the aircraft between attempts.

Then upgrade to 01.04.0500. Note that in Assistant 2 the remote is upgraded separately.

I’m aware of this issue and it’s a pain. The issue stems from the the gigantic difference between 01.03.0400 and 01.04.0500.

What seems to fix it is to use Assistant 2 to refresh your current firmware 01.03.0400 because you have had several failed attempts you have some parts of the firmware upgraded but not others. So by refreshing it will get all the modules back to the original.

Now that you have done that you will need to upgrade a few firmware versions at a time.

In Assistant 2 upgrade first to 01.04.0100. Often the first attempt to upgrade from a 01.03.xxxx firmware to a 01.04.xxxx firmware will fail. It hasn’t really failed it’s just that it requires two attempts to upgrade from those firmwares. Be sure to reboot the aircraft between attempts.

Then upgrade to 01.04.0500. Note that in Assistant 2 the remote is upgraded separately.
Thank you very much I will try tomorrow with dji assistant 2 following your advices. How do I refresh the current firmware? Do I downgrade it and then upgrade it again?

Ok I checked the firmware my drone is actually on firmware 01.03.0400 and the rc on 01.04.0400. The app is on 4.3.16.
Yes now we are on the right path. That is why it cant update. Follow post #16 and dont use any short cuts
it's better to do one more step than brick the bird.

Tha
Yes now we are on the right path. That is why it cant update. Follow post #16 and dont use any short cuts
it's better to do one more step than brick the bird.
Thank you so much for your investment and your help I'll try following post 16 tomorrow and will share my results.

Reactions: gullisig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007